Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Prince Myshkin posted:

Personally I'm laughing at the idea of a movie by Christopher Nolan having emotions of any kind on its sleeve.

I mean, that is 100% what Interstellar is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Following up on that, why do the destroyed, inverted mechanisms in the lab-archive not become less destroyed over time?

I'm not sure I entirely caught it, but there's an explanation at some point that compares inversion to "swimming against the tide" because the greater world around inverted materials or people is still moving in the correct direction - the debris kept in the lab can't change until actions that influence them actually take place around them, forcing them to move in that direction.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

gregday posted:

I can’t decide if it’s clever or dumb that neither knows why they’re fighting. From both of their perspectives, the other guy started the fight. They fight because they fight.

I also liked that as they fight from both perspectives the viewpoint we're seeing it from is both learning to fight better, while their opponent is unlearning and getting worse