Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/mattgoldberg/status/1276338176647475200?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

Maybe the reason they’re trying to release Tenet ASAP is because it’s a secret Inception sequel and they want to release it on Inception’s 10th anniversary.

About that

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1285250691540426757?s=10

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

precision posted:

If anyone has a feasible chance of having the first legit VOD blockbuster, it's probably Nolan

Nolan will straight up burn the movie before releasing it digital first.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/benmekler/status/1296921584536412160?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man this movie was really dumb but also really cool? I kinda dug it from start to finish even though it's something I know I'll break apart if I spend too much thinking about it. The Protagonist goes from cool place to cool place to cool place and does cool spy things in an escalating fashion then the turnstile is introduced and suddenly we're both continuing moving forward while also filling the blanks in the past. The only thing that never made sense was the final gambit of going to the vacation day to make that the end of the world in relation to everything that happens after the fact but again I think I'm better off not thinking about it. Neil was cool, I get the protagonist memes now and the action outside of that final "war" scene worked for me.

The whole turnstile introduction / interrogation was when everything equally "clicked" and stopped making sense.

John David Washington was insanely cool throughout. Good popcorn movie and man I'm glad I waited to see it home and not risk dying.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m doing a temporal pincer on this thread.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snowman_McK posted:

There isn't a force on earth that can make Pattinson take the movies he's in seriously.

His stories of dealing with Twilight stalkers are some of the most hilarious poo poo ever.

quote:

How did “Twilight” heartthrob Robert Pattinson finally rid himself of a persistent stalker? According to the actor himself, all he had to do was bore her.

“I had a stalker while filming a movie in Spain last year,” Pattinson told Crème Magazine, as reported by England’s Press Association. “She stood outside of my apartment every day for weeks — all day every day. I was so bored and lonely that I went out and had dinner with her.”

Unfortunately for the obsessed fan, Pattinson did not have the fairytale first date in store that the woman might have been hoping for.

“I just complained about everything in my life and she never came back,” the 22-year-old said. “People get bored of me in, like, two minutes.”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I had to look up a video explaining Neil’s death and I still don’t get it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Basebf555 posted:

At the end when Washington and Aaron Taylor-Johnson get to the locked door where the dude is about to end the world by dropping the thing into the hole, there's a dead guy laying there. Then, at exactly the right moment, the corpse rises up, unlocks the door and takes a bullet to the head that was meant for Washington.

It's later revealed that this is Neil, because he has the little orange doohickey on his backpack. So at the end Neil knows that he now has to invert and go back in time to take that bullet.

I get that's what was meant to happen, I think, but it's not what actually happens? Volkov approaching the door to shoot the protagonist. Neil's body begins to twitch, the door unlocks, the body rises, inverts a bullets into Volkov's gun, Neil opens the doors and begins picking it. I think I understand the lock opening by itself based on the rules of the movie (the bullet's demo you have to have dropped it) but that was with a bullet that had reverse entropy. How did the lock/door end with reverse entropy? Does interacting with something while reversed imbues your entropy on the object? Second, Volkov taking an inverted bullet off the body instead of shooting the body in reverse make no sense... i think? Same with Neil picking the lock of an open door?

If Volkov shooting Neil is the end of the line for Neil where does everything else Neil does come from. In reverse his death happens, he opens/picks the door then heads for the turnstile at which point he is now moving forward from the time of his death to basically... live for however long the rest of his adventure/life is with the understanding he needs to come back to this moment at some point to close the loop/die in reverse?

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 30, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Amarcarts posted:

Since interacting with inverted objects causes them to do things just because a person feels it, anyone inverted with a firm grasp of the concept could do whatever they want.

In the scene where Neil's death "unhappens" we see him come back to life, take a bullet, unlock the door, and run backwards into the tunnel.

I'm pretty sure he gives a bullet, not take it, which makes even less sense

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I tried to watch the car chase again yesterday and with every passing moment I spend watching the movie again I understand it less. Inverted sator counts down (forward in time) but in reality he’s doing things backwards? So he gives the case to the protagonist instead of receiving it? And he’s driving backwards inversely so that in forward time the car chase is driving in reverse?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gregday posted:

A guy made some Youtube videos to explain some of the more confusing parts of the movie. I found the car chase video particularly helpful understanding what happened to Kat and the 241.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItL_kEXMtXM

I saw this video a while back and it just left me more confused.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do a temporal pincer on SMG.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Quick cuts aside, the fighting/choreography in the Bourne flicks is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Payndz posted:

It says something that Michael Bay's best movie is a quarter of a century old. Then his next movie kicked off with GET MY [different angle] PHONE BOOK and things kind of deteriorated from there.

His best movie isn't even a decade old, friend.