Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

So just watched the movie. Tiny detail I'm sure isn't that important. During the opera house sequence one of the fragments is captured by Sator but its also simultaneously at Siberia where the other op is happening. I guess they just invert it and take it there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Ok and the Indian lady what's her deal? I don't recall them explaining why/how she knows the things she knows or her motivations. Also the way they meet seems so coincidental. Some bullets at the lab were made with metals that probably come from a region of India therefore this specific arms dealer must be a key character in this convoluted time travel plot? That gets settled with no exposition in like 2 cuts.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

I think I'll need to rewatch some parts. I don't get how a notorious arms dealer has anything to do with time travel McMuffins. Does she have some relationship with Sator because he's also an arms dealer(?). Is she/has she always been part of Tenet?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Should have sent an inverted mega nuke back to when apes picked up tools.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Yeah its weird with people objects with opposite states interact with each other.

Also internet are saying the opera terries were inverted pincer team but you see them walking and shooting and throwing things forwards.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Wait wait wait what if you're inverted and you need to peepee or poopoo?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Like if you need to go way into the past to do a thing like they did on that ship they would have had to eat and poop multiple times.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

So if youíre inverted and have a daily driver eventually the gas tank is going to get so full you have to go to a gas station to extract all the fuel.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Ok hear me out. What if you send your own peepee and poopoo through a turnstile. But just the excrement. Youíre still normal. Is it like bullets?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Wouldnít blue poop turn back into food? But the extracted nutrients and energy are still on the red side...

E: oh wait nm Iím dumb

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 1, 2021

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Ok if figured it out. Before that whole army of inverted soldiers gets on that big ship to go to the final fight they need to bring with them a whole lot of inverted food and water. So from the POV of a normal person the peepee and poopoo goes back into the inverted crew. Or conversely they go through the turnstile on regular intervals to eat and drink on regular intervals instead of consuming inverting food and drink.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

They also never show a machine big enough to fit a car unless they are doing it piecemeal and inverting a bunch of mechanics to put it back together.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

gregday posted:

The backpack talisman is made from the correct original source materials: a 1943 British India 1 Pice coin on some sacred Hindu thread called Mauli Kalawa.

The inverted air tank I assembled from the correct oxygen mask and a modified avalanche safety airbag canister. Iím
Not 100% sure thatís what production made it from but itís very close. The holster strap I made.

The Algorithm section was designed by someone on CGTrader. I had a machine shop carve the model using a 5lb chunk of solid aluminum. The result is heavy but very satisfying to hold.

Lol thatís awesome. You should have gone full balls and contracted the algorithm piece out of stainless.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

What was the point of the technicians exposition anyway? Itís never used in plot again. If Nolan wanted to introduce her as a potentially the future scientist he could have done it a much better way.

Also whatís with the thick rear end green gloves at the lab? Thatís a mechanic we never see again.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

What was the future motive? Undo climate change? How again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I just watched Tenet. It's a distillation of everything bad about Christopher Nolan movies. I got a headache watching it

Ok now watch it again but backwards it should make the headache go away.