Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

General Dog posted:

I don’t know what WB’s strategy is here, but I can’t imagine they released it in the US without having a pretty good idea of what kind of numbers it would do. May be that it makes sense as a write-off for whatever reason, or that it made sense to get it out in the international market even at the expense of a meager domestic gross.

if they wanted to convince people that consumerism is empty and self-destructive, convincing people to risk lives to see this might just be the best means at their disposal

of course it's actually that wb is all idiots, which is what you get in a "meritocracy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m doing a temporal pincer on this thread.

?ereh ekoj siht ekam ot eno tsrif eht I ma

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
It cant make sense because, to (probably clumsily) paraphrase our understanding of the issues, time symmetry is broken in non-quantum physical physical processes, likely by gravity.

This is a problem that represents perhaps the fundamental breakdown of our understanding of the universe, so some day may be possible to fully explain why Tenent is bullshit. Actually someone who actually knows their poo poo could probably use general relativity to explain it (since time travel should be nominally be obeying this ((lol))).

But roughly, inverted physical relationships should probably just result in short lived bizzare physical behaviour, but the bullet you dropped stays dropped now, and both parties probably agree that you dropped it. Also being inverted would likely be a quick but nightmarish death. But a simple inverted machine could drop a bullet.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
It's not actually entirely physically implausible for any activation of the turnstile which creates a paradox to, from our perspective, simply appear to fail in some manner.

That's roughly analogous to light, from our perspective seeming to always find the shortest possible route while effectively taking every possible route and all but the shortest cancelling out due to self-interference.

Please note that I barely understand this physics.