Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

First HNIC without Don Cherry in my lifetime. I am so excited for what promises to be a rushed and horrendous apology followed by a hasty switch to a brand new format during the first intermission tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

First HNIC without Don Cherry in my lifetime. I am so excited for what promises to be a rushed and horrendous apology followed by a hasty switch to a brand new format during the first intermission tonight.

Tonight’s a section on HHOF inductees and they’ll be trialing new ideas each week for a bit.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

I hope it's just Ron doing what he usually does in saying the topic followed by silence

"Austin Matthews"

silence

"Colorado Avalanche"

silence

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Arabian Jesus posted:

I hope it's just Ron doing what he usually does in saying the topic followed by silence

"Austin Matthews"

silence

"Colorado Avalanche"

silence

Closing with some seventies rock lyrics read out in a sombre manner in an effort to afford the preceding few minutes some undeserved gravitas.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Option C: Stroumboulopoulos returns

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

I cant tell you what this means to me. Not having to mute the TV or hear that dumb cunts ramblings. This is a big deal. Cant wait to watch. warm fuzzy feelings

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Arivia posted:

Tonight’s a section on HHOF inductees and they’ll be trialing new ideas each week for a bit.

How long til Don's inducted?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Spelling Mitsake posted:

How long til Don's inducted?

He'll get a boost when he dies, so hopefully soon.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I hope they put his plaque in between Igor Larionov and Jean Beliveau

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
What are we about to watch?

e: yawn

tomanton fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 17, 2019

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Hoping for Brad Park so he can talk about Don Cherry every week instead of vice versa.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Started off good and seemingly honest, but finished with we honour you tonight? What.

Also wasn't specific enough on the fact what Don said was wrong and hateful. Period.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

vincentpricesboner posted:

Started off good and seemingly honest, but finished with we honour you tonight? What.

Also wasn't specific enough on the fact what Don said was wrong and hateful. Period.

Seriously...that might be the worst "aplogy" ever...Ron McLean is such a loser

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Well that didn't go in the direction I assumed it would at all. MacLean painted Cherry as the victim in this whole debacle. I think you just made it worse, Ron...

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Clearly the rich white men are the victims here.

Eat poo poo, Ron.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

MacLean was apologizing to Cherry more than anything else. Sounds like CC is dead for good.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

goldrush posted:

Well that didn't go in the direction I assumed it would at all. MacLean painted Cherry as the victim in this whole debacle. I think you just made it worse, Ron...

Hahaha what? Sorry i missed it. Sounds like an A+ shitshow

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1195870868968108032

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

JoelJoel posted:

He'll get a boost when he dies, so hopefully soon.

I want it to be from a heart attack when he sees Ovi beat Gretzky's goal record.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I was once in a bar in Montreal at about 1230 on a -30 snowy night, like 20+ years ago. Ron MacLean showed up wasted drunk, and promptly lost his shirt (and coat iirc) somehow. Like he just came out of the men's room shirtless. 30 mins after he got there and everyone in the place was looking for this drunk fool's shirt because it wasn't a big place and he was noisily stomping all over the chill vibe. We never found it. I think someone finally gave him a tshirt they had in their bag or off their back or something and sent him off in a cab.

That's my Ron MacLean story.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Another Bill posted:

I was once in a bar in Montreal at about 1230 on a -30 snowy night, like 20+ years ago. Ron MacLean showed up wasted drunk, and promptly lost his shirt (and coat iirc) somehow. Like he just came out of the men's room shirtless. 30 mins after he got there and everyone in the place was looking for this drunk fool's shirt because it wasn't a big place and he was noisily stomping all over the chill vibe. We never found it. I think someone finally gave him a tshirt they had in their bag or off their back or something and sent him off in a cab.

I thought for sure I was being whooshed with some 4chan copy story, but nope, this is an original. Goddamn.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Another Bill posted:

holy poo poo. were you present for this legendary and as yet, to my knowledge, unexplained picture?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

What the actual gently caress. I mean I frequent the cursed images thread but

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

a false posted:

holy poo poo. were you present for this legendary and as yet, to my knowledge, unexplained picture?

No, that photo is from a bar in Victoria called The Local. Very infamous night around these parts. I used to work for a brewery in Victoria around that time and we were all disappointed we couldn't see the label on the bottle.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

IIRC some goon toxx'd getting that tattoo.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So is Ron like Randy from trailer park boys where he takes the shirt off when drinking or is some kind of Bert Kreisher disciple?

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I finally touched the poop on Facebook after some clown on my friends list shared a post that was all :cry: about how Cherry said the same poo poo 21 years ago without consequence and blamed immigrants for his firing.

The fact that people are outraged about a garbage piece of poo poo being fired for saying some truly stupid poo poo is really loving embarrassing

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

I tried to watch this and had to stop less than a minute in. What a terrible way to apologize.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

a false posted:

Nope but lol

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So now that Don Cherry and Greg Zaunn have been shot into the sun, who is the next Canadian mega-chud sports commentator the shoe is going to drop on?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Can someone cook up something about Jim hughson? Be great if I never had to hear him again, let alone calling a cup win and saying x has won the cup with the same tone and excitement you might exclaim the utility bill was 10 bucks less this month

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

codo27 posted:

Can someone cook up something about Jim hughson? Be great if I never had to hear him again, let alone calling a cup win and saying x has won the cup with the same tone and excitement you might exclaim the utility bill was 10 bucks less this month

It was barely one month ago.

quote:

During the Leafs' opening night game against the Ottawa Senators, Hughson called the incident an "alleged indiscretion" before comparing Matthews' situation to that of another NHL player who had off-ice issues.

"When I thought about that, I looked back to 2012 and thought about Patrick Kane, 24-year-old for the Chicago Blackhawks, got into a little trouble with too many cameras around in Wisconsin that summer," said Hughson, referencing photographs of Kane intoxicated on the University of Wisconsin campus five years into his career. "And what did he do? He came back and was the Conn Smythe Trophy winner and won the Stanley Cup [in 2013].

"And that's how you put a little problem behind you," Hughson continued.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
CBC just aired some classic footage of Grapes saying the n-word, so that should be the end of that.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

CBC just aired some classic footage of Grapes saying the n-word, so that should be the end of that.

I saw a guy today wearing his poppy a week later than he should have, probably in support of Cherry. Chuds are gonna keep chudding.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

Wait really? I wonder how long they've been sitting on that footage.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

HookShot posted:

they found it on the same cassette as trump's piss tape, in epstein's private collection

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

HookShot posted:

It was a fifth estate thing from around 1990. The interviewer says that he is Swedish and isn't a hockey player, Don calls him a "n____ Scandanavian," the piece doesn't dwell on it.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1643626563968

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 18, 2019

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Gotta love how Ron MacLean bared his heart and soul live on national television and said almost nothing of any substance whatsoever, revealing himself as a hollow shell.

kanuck
Aug 27, 2004

I must remember to follow my own advice.

AsInHowe posted:

It was a fifth estate thing from around 1990. The interviewer says that he is Swedish and isn't a hockey player, Don calls him a "n____ Scandanavian," the piece doesn't dwell on it.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1643626563968

Much as I dislike Cherry, he says "Good. I knew you were Scandinavian", not the other thing. Assuming you're talking about the part at 9:10ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AsInHowe posted:

I gotta see this. Is it on youtube yet? Have to own some chuds on facebook.