Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
In case you’re wondering: yes, this is top headline breaking news across Canada.

Good riddance, gently caress you Don.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Wonderllama posted:

Our only regret is that we can only fire don cherry once.

qft

also thankfully Canada came to our senses at the last minute and did not elect Don Cherry greatest Canadian, instead opting for left-wing titan who brought public health care to Canada

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ColdBlooded posted:

Good riddance.

Not looking forward to the conservative outrage machine that will froth at the mouth about this, but it's still worth it.

I think it's going to be the alt-right only, honestly. Even the mainstream and sports coverage up here from conservative sources has been "yeah it's time to go Don."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

To be fair, it's not just liking dogs, Cherry has done a lot for the SPCA/animal cruelty which is commendable. Not enough forgive all his other bullshit though.

I'll be honest, I'm a little surprised at just how big a deal poppies are in Canada. We have them where I am (New Zealand) but no-one gives a poo poo if you don't wear them. Is this a recent thing? Like how NZ's attitude on war has gotten a lot more jingoistic since the actual WWI vets died off?

Yep, it's become super jingoistic in the last decade or so. The last Conservative government really tried to push Canada's wars as a source of national pride, to the point where the Ontario Conservative Government was running ads this year telling people to do their duty, buy a poppy, and attend a service. gently caress all that poo poo.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Was there a DC in Epstein's log books?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

First HNIC without Don Cherry in my lifetime. I am so excited for what promises to be a rushed and horrendous apology followed by a hasty switch to a brand new format during the first intermission tonight.

Tonight’s a section on HHOF inductees and they’ll be trialing new ideas each week for a bit.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

CBC just aired some classic footage of Grapes saying the n-word, so that should be the end of that.

I saw a guy today wearing his poppy a week later than he should have, probably in support of Cherry. Chuds are gonna keep chudding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

HookShot posted:

Wait really? I wonder how long they've been sitting on that footage.

they found it on the same cassette as trump's piss tape, in epstein's private collection