Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

How about that guy next to him who nodded in agreement, is he fired too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Biohazard posted:

This all feels very Canadian.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Stan Rogers was the greatest Canadian and he died in 1983.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That machete is about an inch too far to the right of where it should be.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I don't know if I'm happy that Canadians can actually get a piece of poo poo removed from the air, or infuriated that we in the US elected our version of this rear end in a top hat as President

i think both

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

canada stinks like a butthole

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Nodding in agreement is just what Canadians do, even when alone

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Yay I called it on his reaction

(easiest prediction ever, of course)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Don Cherry circa 1991: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2wlBtGCvPI

Don Cherry more recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIAvaw0TFBQ.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is Canada really important enough to be a thread in GBS? It’s bumping several threads about poop! (Hehehehehehe)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Is this guy a junky or what?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Ron is so bitchmade that the proto-chud piece of poo poo next to him could ramble horrible opinions about any topic on the planet and he'd just nod his empty head

For an example, watch any other Coach's Corner

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
Dude's been on the air for like 40 years and CBC just now figured out he's racist? He used to say way worse poo poo than that back in the 80s and 90s.

Skinny Bins
Jul 30, 2006

Eat lead, Olympic targets!
I remember waking up to his response to the Vancouver riots in 2011.

Eat poo poo you old bastard. It's about time you're off the air.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i, too, enjoy wearing a memoriam to the paramilitary death squads in Northern Ireland

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Hell of a Tinder profile.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

drat Julian, if Lahey sees this he’s gonna be pissed!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Cherry missed his calling at a manager in WWF during the attitude era. He could then say all this poo poo "in character" and get in the hall of fame.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

With Don gone, does that mean Moores is soon to follow? :ohdear:

I guess they could just force MacLean into those garish suits.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

This is what happens when you can't pose with your AR-15

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Mr. Bones posted:

Dude's been on the air for like 40 years and CBC just now figured out he's racist? He used to say way worse poo poo than that back in the 80s and 90s.

Hockey Night moved to sportsnet a few years ago. He's still said way worse poo poo this year, and I'm still amazed this is what did him in.

Ron McLean has been required to sit next to Don Cherry while he makes turbo racist rants for 33 years.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Dr. Stab posted:

Ron McLean has been required to sit next to Don Cherry while he makes turbo racist rants for 33 years.

Ron claims he wasn't paying attention during the rant and I tend to believe him. We all know a guy at work or in the family that just spouts ignorance and hate anytime they open their mouth so we tune it out.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Bonzo posted:

Ron claims he wasn't paying attention during the rant and I tend to believe him. We all know a guy at work or in the family that just spouts ignorance and hate anytime they open their mouth so we tune it out.

Of course, we all don't get paid 400k+ to listen to that rant for 10 mins a week...

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Ron also made a pretty legit apology.

Don absolutely refused to apologize. If he had bitten the bullet he'd still have a job (until this summer when they were thinking of gracefully letting him go)

And for Don to bitch about being let go on Remembrance Day is proof positive in my mind it was never about the Troops with him, it was all about him.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I fondly remember Don Cherry but I stopped giving a gently caress about the NHL when they raped my childhood and stole my Whalers.

Bastards.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Don absolutely refused to apologize. If he had bitten the bullet he'd still have a job (until this summer when they were thinking of gracefully letting him go)

And for Don to bitch about being let go on Remembrance Day is proof positive in my mind it was never about the Troops with him, it was all about him.

He hasn't apologized but he's done the typical backpedaling of, "well I meant white people too" which he's also done in the past.

I'm kinda shocked that Ford hasn't come out in defense of him but I'm sure his staff have him in a headlock and are hiding his cell phone right now.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Bonzo posted:

I'm kinda shocked that Ford hasn't come out in defense of him but I'm sure his staff have him in a headlock and are hiding his cell phone right now.

Give it time, sticking up for Don is red meat to Ford Nation. They're just getting the wording right.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MA-Horus posted:

Well no loving poo poo you absolute Sherlock.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

85 year olds should be retired and focusing on a productive hobby, not having senile rants on TV week after week. Good riddance. Should have been 20 years ago.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The head of the Legion has come out to say Cherry was wrong and now people are calling for his head. lol goddamn

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imagine being patriotic for canada. its like being patriotic over idk geese or something

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Big Beef City posted:

Well no loving poo poo you absolute Sherlock.

rude

Bonzo posted:

The head of the Legion has come out to say Cherry was wrong and now people are calling for his head. lol goddamn

Good. I hope this starts a real good conversation.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blast of Confetti posted:

imagine being patriotic for canada. its like being patriotic over idk geese or something

its not canada really. people in canada are patriotic for the old British Empire

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
don cherry was like if john madden and donald trump did a brain meld, but the part of the brain that controls fashion sense got messed up somehow

that said i loved rock em sock em hockey vids when I was a kid. LOVED

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
lmao, imagine feeling proud for people involved in WW1. Probably not a single one in those graves could have accurately explained what the hell they were even dying for, except that their own governments could have them shot if they refused to fight.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mooey Cow posted:

lmao, imagine feeling proud for people involved in WW1. Probably not a single one in those graves could have accurately explained what the hell they were even dying for, except that their own governments could have them shot if they refused to fight.

especially with conscription

i aint no senator's son

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-
Good riddance to bad trash. The man's a national embarassment.

Blast of Confetti posted:

It's mostly just being patriotic over not being America. It's like "We have our issues, but at least we're not involved in that shitshow down south. And thank gently caress for that. "

DeathCrabForCutie fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 12, 2019

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i am extremely patriotic about living in a country where i dont have to be patriotic in order to succeed/live/love

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

That scene from American Beauty, except its red poppies raining down on a prone, naked octogenarian.

title: Canadian Beaut'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i have no idea what he was talking about in the video because i'm a stupid idiot