Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I still want to ##vote Hum. The walk back from merk to me is still the scummiest thing that’s happened in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

SolusLunes posted:

Now I wonder if Quid survived because scum weren't on the lynch and didn't want to have their scumbud killed, or if all the scum were already on the lynch and couldn't push it through.

I’m not a huge fan of this post cause it looks like participation but really it’s just floating two disparate ideas without doing the legwork or making a conclusion. Scummy vibes.

The IDEA behind it is good though and now I’m gonna look at the end of day 2.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ehn there’s really not much there.

Sandwolf, what do you think about Nat 20’s argument re: my calling him out for his weirdness around Kashuno’s statements being scummy? That interaction also seems disingenuous to me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

If I was pushed, the Sandwolf case has merit because he's rightly pointing out your reluctance to settle on a vote across multiple days and situations which is typically scummy.

What about the way I’ve laid out my feelings around Sandwolf & Hun from D2 into now do you feel supports this characterization of my play? Can you show your work?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

Ehn there’s really not much there.

Sandwolf, what do you think about Nat 20’s argument re: my calling him out for his weirdness around Kashuno’s statements being scummy? That interaction also seems disingenuous to me.

Hard to gauge considering I can understand why he might have been a little confused considering this game has been a ghost town.

I’ve been more thrown by Nat20’s “yeah, that!” -ing me a couple times, but he’s again, posting, so I don’t want to lynch him. Can we just all agree to lynch a lurker and hope tomorrow goes better

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Who would you characterize as a lurker tho?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Everyone, with maybe you and I at the top. The worst instances of lurking I can see are ASF, PMush, and E+ (e+ most egregiously because he was around earlier and just didn’t post anything of merit)

Actually I’d be willing to vote the hell out of E+

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Sandwolf posted:

Everyone, with maybe you and I at the top. The worst instances of lurking I can see are ASF, PMush, and E+ (e+ most egregiously because he was around earlier and just didn’t post anything of merit)

Actually I’d be willing to vote the hell out of E+

##vote E+

I'm down with this.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

What about the way I’ve laid out my feelings around Sandwolf & Hun from D2 into now do you feel supports this characterization of my play? Can you show your work?

Well if you remember my vote on you on Day 2 lay primarily around how defensive your posting was.

Constantly zeroing in on the argument that I've at *great* length, explained wasn't all that important and constantly asking me to defend it over and over isn't exactly a great shout in that area.

I'm pretty sure you are scum but you're actually posting so I'd much rather have you in the game than our resident lurkers.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm down with voting E+ or as I've said before Pmush, though less for lurking and more for their specific posting.

I mean I'm around and should post more but I feel like I've been posting arguments and I'm at least present today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

Well if you remember my vote on you on Day 2 lay primarily around how defensive your posting was.

Constantly zeroing in on the argument that I've at *great* length, explained wasn't all that important and constantly asking me to defend it over and over isn't exactly a great shout in that area.

I'm pretty sure you are scum but you're actually posting so I'd much rather have you in the game than our resident lurkers.

What do you feel I should have done yesterday other than defend myself, when the only topic of the day was whether or not I was scum, and until Sandwolf posted a case there was no case outlining why I was scum beyond “he’s focusing on him not being scum, which is scummy?”

I’m zeroing I’m on this because it was literally the only topic of discussion yesterday and I am trying to gauge if you’re faking it or not. Do you still feel the same about me in light of this analysis?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Because “I still think you’re scum but you’re posting so I’m willing to keep you around” isn’t casing me or reacting to anything that happened yesterday or today, it’s literally restating your position from yesterday nearly verbatim.

Hence my continued push for you to back up your work.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

What do you feel I should have done yesterday other than defend myself, when the only topic of the day was whether or not I was scum, and until Sandwolf posted a case there was no case outlining why I was scum beyond “he’s focusing on him not being scum, which is scummy?”

I’m zeroing I’m on this because it was literally the only topic of discussion yesterday and I am trying to gauge if you’re faking it or not. Do you still feel the same about me in light of this analysis?

I mean honestly? Actually analyse the argument I was making instead of the one you made up in your head. I repeatedly clarified yesterday that the thrust of the argument I made there was about Kashuno's posting, not your own. You never chose to engage with that, instead strawmanning, "I think this a legitimate case" into "I believe that this case is definitely true."

I consider that to be fairly needlessly defensive. Especially given that you're continuing it now.

My work doesn't need to be backed up given that I already backed it up yesterday and surprise surprise, my suspicion around you doesn't change when you do the exact same thing the next day.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I’m willing to concede a difference of opinion on your intent and the interpretive framing of that post, but you still haven’t said what I should be doing rather than hyperfocusing on the main point of discussion. I’m also curious why your opinion hasn’t changed on me in light of the fact that I have posted more reads, asked probing questions, and am providing case work.

Of course I’m going to respond to myself being a primary dunk candidate today when I know that that will result in a misdunk. That I’m actively doing the above and your response is that I’m ONLY hyper focusing on defending myself is a mischaracterization that doesn’t seem to be changing for you no matter what I do, and that’s what’s susp to me!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quid throwing around a lot of suspicion, a lot of shade, but not willing to vote anyone beyond Hum, hm

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Hard to gauge considering I can understand why he might have been a little confused considering this game has been a ghost town.

I’ve been more thrown by Nat20’s “yeah, that!” -ing me a couple times, but he’s again, posting, so I don’t want to lynch him. Can we just all agree to lynch a lurker and hope tomorrow goes better

Natural 20 posted:

##vote E+

I'm down with this.

Lmao

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also rereading, I really want to push Pmush or Hum. Both avoided the merk cuddle despite being around for it, and helping drive it but then just kinda stepping off. Distancing themselves from a town cuddle when they realised town votes would get it over the line.

E+'s lurking ain't great and I would totally buy them as scumbo 3 (assuming we have more than two scum) but Hum and Pmush have suspicious activity and have been real quiet. Quid I'm torn on but I'm leaning town having reread today, they're too active and Hum doesn't seem like a bad vote. I'd rather not kill a really active town right now.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

People I’d vote: quid, everyone, then hum, then myself

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Sandwolf posted:

Natural 20 posted:

##vote E+

I'm down with this.

nat

nat c'mon man

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

lol, I wasn't the only one who saw it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Quid throwing around a lot of suspicion, a lot of shade, but not willing to vote anyone beyond Hum, hm

Cause I’m trying to figure out other people? Who is the other vote option? Should I be voting myself?

You keep saying I’m not willing to vote anyone else. No one else is being cased? Do I need to carry this mafia game alone??

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m gonna be honest I forgot everything about this game besides that I am extremely certain Quid is scum. But if voting me makes you feel better then go for it.

Would also be fine with pmush. Lurking real hard but they did just have to handle a murder goon in e/n so it’s understandable.

E+ also an ok vote.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m gonna be honest I forgot everything about this game besides that I am extremely certain Quid is scum. But if voting me makes you feel better then go for it.

Would also be fine with pmush. Lurking real hard but they did just have to handle a murder goon in e/n so it’s understandable.

E+ also an ok vote.

Oh, was not aware of that. Alright I still think they're scum for the weird dodge on the merk vote, but the lurking is understandable.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Not tryna bring e/n discussion in here but what the gently caress?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Not tryna bring e/n discussion in here but what the gently caress?

:emptyquote:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Well, that’s something.

Think that’s the last that needs to be spoken of at all here

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

People I’d vote: quid, everyone, then hum, then myself

Is your reason for thinking Hum is town literally still the discord thing, because I would love to know what in his content screams town to you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also rereading, I really want to push Pmush or Hum. Both avoided the merk cuddle despite being around for it, and helping drive it but then just kinda stepping off. Distancing themselves from a town cuddle when they realised town votes would get it over the line.

This is a good catch and a good read. I like your logic, ASF, more like this!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

Is your reason for thinking Hum is town literally still the discord thing, because I would love to know what in his content screams town to you.

yes; his content has been nulltell

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Nine minutes to deadline, so:

##vote quid

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Quidthulhu (4): Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf, A Sometimes Food, SolusLunes, SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Epsilon Plus (1): Natural 20
Mr. Humalong (1): Quidthulhu

Not Voting (2): Epsilon Plus, PMush Perfect

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 22nd, 2019 at midnight AEST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Another night, another murder...

:rip: Sandwolf, Vanilla Pudding and Vanilla TOWN :rip:

Day 4 begins now!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): A Sometimes Food, Epsilon Plus, Mr. Humalong, Natural 20, PMush Perfect, Quidthulhu, SolusLunes

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 25th, 2019 at midnight AEST -- that's in about 2 days.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
it's amazing how I thought this established deadline wouldn't be a problem for me

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

it's amazing how I thought this established deadline wouldn't be a problem for me

We could just vote someone before deadline, it's this crazy idea I've tried to float in some games I've played previously

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah we should. I'm just repeatedly being owned because work gets busy around deadline and I keep forgetting to check the thread.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

I apologize for not posting yesterday- last weekend was my anniversary, and we were out of town the entire time.

Now I wonder if Quid survived because scum weren't on the lynch and didn't want to have their scumbud killed, or if all the scum were already on the lynch and couldn't push it through.

Well, now that Sandwolf's dead and not scum, I'm reasonably sure it's the first of this, but I'm just... man, pushing quid AGAIN?

I don't know what that'd actually tell us or if Quid's actually scum.

I'm suspicious of Hum if Quid's not scum, and I don't think Quid is. The Quid pushes, to me, just feel like scum forcing it.

##vote Humalong

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

Well, now that Sandwolf's dead and not scum, I'm reasonably sure it's the first of this, but I'm just... man, pushing quid AGAIN?

I don't know what that'd actually tell us or if Quid's actually scum.

I'm suspicious of Hum if Quid's not scum, and I don't think Quid is. The Quid pushes, to me, just feel like scum forcing it.

##vote Humalong

So you and Quid are scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Humalong posted:

So you and Quid are scum?

Lmao

##vote Hum