Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
They call me Vanilla.

Because that's what Bif's nickname for me is.

Wait I've made a terrible mis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Bif are you trolling me?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Haha deadline is at midday for me.

Now I will be the person posting right to deadline! I WILL BE THE BELLE OF THE BALL.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

Haha deadline is at midday for me.

Now I will be the person posting right to deadline! I WILL BE THE BELLE OF THE BALL.

The MA BELLE.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Sandwolf posted:

he’s a

texan

(Get it the scum parts implied)

I'M ARNOLD THE PROUD MEXICAN.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm banning Harry Potter discussion.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Legit though deadline's tomorrow right?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

merk posted:

Where is your case work identifying an alternative candidate?

Wait the gently caress?

##vote merk

The case here is literally "You haven't done legwork" when literally nobody in the game has done legwork.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

merk posted:

Scum distance themselves from culpability of lynches on town.

Scum try to help their scum buddies avoid lynch.

Scum don’t want to do anything that actually finds scum.

My case on sand wolf is he did all of those things by speaking negatively about the Quidnose case without doing any scum hunting himself. Now that he’s voted me, he is scum hunting now though.

But there was no case on Quid.

Like at all. Quid got to loving -1 on jokevotes. It's correct to question that.

The logic here is that anyone who argues against a lunch at any point within 24 hours of deadline is necessarily scummy which is amazingly shortsighted.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
The case on quid such as it was wasn't good, but that's forgivable. The pivot to Sandwolf was horrendous and the final pivot to hum is just as bad.

Reads as starting a case and then flailing to get anyone but yourself lunched.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

##vote sandwolf this whole shtick is a bad “gottem”

It's not a gottem if there's posts and evidence backing it.

It's just a case and one that's fairly reasonable. I don't actually see much wrong with the argumentation.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

What’s reasonable about the case on me, specifically, when compared to my case on Hum or the suspicions people have voiced about Sandwolf? Why do you think I’m the best candidate for a dunk today?

Where did I say you're the best dunk candidate?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

You replied to Kashuno’s comment pushing back on Sandwolf’s case by saying you felt it wasn’t a gotcha and a reasonable case. Context clues there suggest you agree with the case??

Nitpicking on the semantics of my question aside, you want to explain why you think the case on me has merit??

I think you're being incredibly defensive over this which is interesting.

If I was pushed, the Sandwolf case has merit because he's rightly pointing out your reluctance to settle on a vote across multiple days and situations which is typically scummy.

The reality is I'm objecting to Kash describing the case as a gotcha when it's just a case that's relatively well argued and supported.

If you don't buy it that's another thing but Kash claiming doesn't have a decent basis is wrong.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
God remember that time Kash posted 1000 times? What happened to us man.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

I haven’t voted for Sandwolf because I find Hum more scummy than Sand. I would vote for Sand m, but alas, I have but one vote.

I moved my vote to merk off of Hum to avoid a nodunk with an early rear end deadline.

What about my posting makes you characterize my actions as anything but the above, Nat?

I'm not.

My issue with Kash is that he dismissed Sandwolf's case as one without merit. But to me, even if I don't agree with the thrust of the argumentation, it's still sound argumentation.

What's far, far more interesting to me is just how defensive you've been around this. I've not even voted for you but you're going after me hard when the case I was making wasn't even one focused on you.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hrm

##vote Quid

I'm more convinced this is right now.

We need to make sure we consolidate since deadline is set to be at like 3pm my time tomorrow and I'll be in work.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
As much as I think Quid's play was scummy yesterday, for reasons I mentioned relatively clearly, I do also think that just murdering lurkers should be high prio right now. Scum's going to get an easy afk victory otherwise.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Sandwolf posted:

Everyone, with maybe you and I at the top. The worst instances of lurking I can see are ASF, PMush, and E+ (e+ most egregiously because he was around earlier and just didn’t post anything of merit)

Actually I’d be willing to vote the hell out of E+

##vote E+

I'm down with this.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

What about the way I’ve laid out my feelings around Sandwolf & Hun from D2 into now do you feel supports this characterization of my play? Can you show your work?

Well if you remember my vote on you on Day 2 lay primarily around how defensive your posting was.

Constantly zeroing in on the argument that I've at *great* length, explained wasn't all that important and constantly asking me to defend it over and over isn't exactly a great shout in that area.

I'm pretty sure you are scum but you're actually posting so I'd much rather have you in the game than our resident lurkers.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

What do you feel I should have done yesterday other than defend myself, when the only topic of the day was whether or not I was scum, and until Sandwolf posted a case there was no case outlining why I was scum beyond “he’s focusing on him not being scum, which is scummy?”

I’m zeroing I’m on this because it was literally the only topic of discussion yesterday and I am trying to gauge if you’re faking it or not. Do you still feel the same about me in light of this analysis?

I mean honestly? Actually analyse the argument I was making instead of the one you made up in your head. I repeatedly clarified yesterday that the thrust of the argument I made there was about Kashuno's posting, not your own. You never chose to engage with that, instead strawmanning, "I think this a legitimate case" into "I believe that this case is definitely true."

I consider that to be fairly needlessly defensive. Especially given that you're continuing it now.

My work doesn't need to be backed up given that I already backed it up yesterday and surprise surprise, my suspicion around you doesn't change when you do the exact same thing the next day.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah we should. I'm just repeatedly being owned because work gets busy around deadline and I keep forgetting to check the thread.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
##vote Humalong

Did you really think Bif's caramel treat was really vanilla?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh Nat 20 was scum. Quelle suprise.

Oh babes, how could you not know.