Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I want in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

It's a me, merkio.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

"I can't mafia unless there's some role-based thing to spice it up!" -Dr. Humalong in VANILLA FUCKIN MAFIA

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidthulhu posted:

Whereís my role PM?????

##vote Quid

This joke has never been funny.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

"I can't mafia unless there's some role-based thing to spice it up!" -Dr. Humalong in VANILLA FUCKIN MAFIA

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Natural 20 posted:

I'm banning Harry Potter discussion.

How Snape of you

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

##vote Quid

This joke has never been funny.

This is now a serious vote. It's: 1) LAMIST; and 2) a scum being awkward.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Since he's self voting, I don't see a reason not to put him at -1. It's not like he can come in and quick hammer.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ok........... but............

If scum hammer town Quid early to stop discussion, then we found a scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

this feels a little out of character for merk, considering the conclusion is bunk

I was addressing the assumption which is bunk. The logic did not work on the other side. I ended up not pursuing because it's really a general mafia argument.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I was addressing the assumption which is bunk. The logic did not work on the other side. I ended up not pursuing because it's really a general mafia argument.

Yeesh, that's a terribly drafted post from me. Read it like this:

PMush Perfect posted:

Scum could [hammer], if [Quid is] town.

merk posted:

Ok........... but............

If scum hammer town Quid early to stop discussion, then we found a scum.

That is the item I wanted to point out. The assumption that only scum could hammer if Quid is town didn't really make sense to me as a reason not to put Quid at -1. Then, I decided it wasn't worth talking about.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

If anyone legitimately thinks quidís posts are scummy, please let me know

Where is your case work identifying an alternative candidate?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

In fact, ##vote Sandwolf

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I donít have any yet, I was hoping someone would respond to that last quote doubling down on quid being scummy so I could vote THAT person.

The only thing that feels off to me is you, almost like death of Stalin (or w/e the one where you claimed survivor D1), where youíre starting on a different note than I am used to.

Is that scummy? I donít know yet

Whatís different?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Is your entire case on me really ďwhereís your alternative casework?Ē when your vote on me is the only basis you, yourself, have for any ďalternative caseworkĒ?

Flimsy

My case on you is that youíre scum talking negatively about the upcoming lynch without doing any scum hunting yourself. You want to distance yourself from a lynch or help your scum buddy avoid a lynch.

Youíve done nothing to find scum until now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Scum distance themselves from culpability of lynches on town.

Scum try to help their scum buddies avoid lynch.

Scum donít want to do anything that actually finds scum.

My case on sand wolf is he did all of those things by speaking negatively about the Quidnose case without doing any scum hunting himself. Now that heís voted me, he is scum hunting now though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

hey, merk, what quidnose case?

Natural 20 posted:

But there was no case on Quid.

merk posted:

This is now a serious vote. It's: 1) LAMIST; and 2) a scum being awkward.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I'm sorry that I got all this content going in a dearth of nothing happening (and immediately after Humalong complained nothing was happening in the game). I guess we better lynch me for it! Great idea!

I'm headed to bed. If I go down, at least use what I generated please.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Iím awake and can hammer myself I guess. Seems bad though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

We have three hours?

##vote Humalong - I agree that heís distancing himself from a lynch on town here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sand wolf assuming I have to be scum for humalong to be scum is flatly wrong but maybe not scummy?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

It is pretty frustrating that I got the game going by forcing out a weak (but in context of the game day good) case on Quidnose and then sand wolf only to get lynched for it. We would be still in jokephase but for that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Natural 20 posted:

The case on quid such as it was wasn't good, but that's forgivable. The pivot to Sandwolf was horrendous and the final pivot to hum is just as bad.

Reads as starting a case and then flailing to get anyone but yourself lunched.

I was building something out of nothing on day 1. Ignoring the game context to say thatís scummy is ridiculous.

Humalong saying I look scummy and then defending me is scummy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Merk got us all talking. Kill him!

I guess Iíll lurk all future day 1s.

I can hammer myself whenever. This isnít moving elsewhere.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Like the most annoying thing about SA Mafia is people judging THE FIRST CASES OF A GAME against day 9 case standards. That is what is happening here. I was trying something to kickstart a dead day 1 and am being rewarded with a noose.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Why would scum put their neck out day 1 instead of letting the game fester into a quid lynch? You have to believe Iím scum with quid there (but I voted quid).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

PMush Perfect posted:

##vote A Sometimes Food

Ackshully, reading again and less frustrated:

PMush spends the last page talking negatively about my lynch (saying Iím a try hard), then saying who cares who gets lynched d1, and then votes someone who definitely isnít getting lynched.

This is scum d1 looking like they are helping us but actually doing nothing.

##vote Pmush

Probably humalong #2 and I canít believe sandwolf actually thinks Iím scum so that would be 3.

Good luck goons!