Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Give me a vanil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Whereís my role PM?????

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sweet

[/b]##vote quid[/b]

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

trap sprung ##vote quid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

merk posted:

##vote Quid

This joke has never been funny.

Bad reason to vote someone, not content based but presented as such. HMMMM.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Humalong posted:

Quid lurking hard too, I can get on board with this

##vote quid

Lurking?? There had been like 20 posts lmao

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, Iíd be OK with a merk vote. His ďthis is now a serious voteĒ is a real weak after the fact revision to justify a bad but easy vote, and heís getting a bit too ďhereís the mafia theory behind why I am right and goodĒ which never strikes me as very town to me.

AA defending me rather than being immediately susp of me and jumping down my throat is also pinging me but thatís just gut

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I also think itís worth side eyeing the people who were saying I was ďlurking and not creating contentĒ during jokephase, but I realize that holds less weight cause I was the one being side eyed initially

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ok!

##vote merk

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Itís standard fare merk

Standard fare scum merk

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Humalong posted:

4 of the 5 people voting merk have less than 10 posts in this game

the other is sandwolf

lol

So who do you think of those 4 players is the scummiest and why?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Humalong posted:

ASF > you > Nat > EP

Gut, mostly

Uhhhhh, Sandwolf asks you about merk and you say:

Mr. Humalong posted:

The more he posts the worse I feel

Then jump to:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I, personally, will not vote merk today and, furthermore, find it suspicious a bunch of players that have been exceptionally quiet have suddenly appeared to vote him.

Your only mention of ASF is that heís terrible because he almost posted about Pokťmon. Your mention of me is a joke case. Have you mentioned Nat 20?

The only person you voiced suspicion of is the person youíre not willing to vote......

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Hum

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

No quid no, merk! Vote merk! For Humís actions to be scummy there merk has to be scum first so letís lynch merk!

How does merk have to be scum? Can you explain your logic to me?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This deadline is bad I want to discuss more now that I have time but everyoneís asleep

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

correct me if Iím wrong but you seemed to be indicating you thought Hum was scummy for being suss of merk and then seemingly acting in contradiction to that - but wouldnít that require merk and hum to be scum? Otherwise wouldnít hum not give a poo poo if merk got lynched anyways

Him distancing himself from a merk dunk is more likely to be him distancing himself from a misdunk, isnít it? Especially since merk is the vote leader?

Like Iíd probably lean into a potential vote and not drop jack poo poo until I had to vs overtly being like ďnah I will under no circumstances vote for him even though I said I was susp earlierĒ

Iím not really getting why you think heíd do the latter to his scummate.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Him distancing himself from a merk dunk is more likely to be him distancing himself from a misdunk, isnít it? Especially since merk is the vote leader?

Like Iíd probably lean into a potential vote and not drop jack poo poo until I had to vs overtly being like ďnah I will under no circumstances vote for him even though I said I was susp earlierĒ

Iím not really getting why you think heíd do the latter to his scummate.

Mafia edit: lean into a potential vote of my scum team member

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote merk iono if anyone gonna wake up

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Those are two scum votes in a row if I ever saw them lol

Are we already in LYLO?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

AND YET NOT A VOTE FOR EITHER OF US

I'm sorry, do I need to vote immediately without reviewing yesterday and coming to informed conclusions? Didn't realize that was how we were playing this now

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I still think Hum is scum based on his laissez-faire shotgun approach to day 1.

The aforementioned merk walkback:

Sandwolf posted:

Hum, what do you think of merk

Mr. Humalong posted:

The more he posts the worse I feel

Several hours but like only a few posts later, after merk returns:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I, personally, will not vote merk today and, furthermore, find it suspicious a bunch of players that have been exceptionally quiet have suddenly appeared to vote him.

He also has been happy to float people as potential dunk candidates while not committing to anything:

Mr. Humalong posted:

AA you might be on to something

Mr. Humalong posted:

Would vote EP, ASF, or Quid today.

Need to reread but they are the ones that immediately jumped out at me as being fairly scummy during the merk debacle

##vote Hum

Sandwolf, what about Hum's D1 posting made you feel "good in your heart that he was town?" There's nothing to indicate that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

##vote sandwolf this whole shtick is a bad ďgottemĒ

I am beginning to be in agreement with this too.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I had the exact same problem as he said and I presume itís because the scum page/spectator chat is being posted in but as another townie I have no access to chats but can also see notifications.

I know itís a bullshit reason and I debated not even talking about it but if itís obviously dumb in some way I figured I could be talked out of it because tbh his play D1 around the merk lynch is kinda scummy

This is a really scummy post. Non-content reasons to retroactively justify a bad call that you could easily be talked out of is not a great look, Sandwolf...

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

It's not a gottem if there's posts and evidence backing it.

It's just a case and one that's fairly reasonable. I don't actually see much wrong with the argumentation.

Whatís reasonable about the case on me, specifically, when compared to my case on Hum or the suspicions people have voiced about Sandwolf? Why do you think Iím the best candidate for a dunk today?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

Where did I say you're the best dunk candidate?

You replied to Kashunoís comment pushing back on Sandwolfís case by saying you felt it wasnít a gotcha and a reasonable case. Context clues there suggest you agree with the case??

Nitpicking on the semantics of my question aside, you want to explain why you think the case on me has merit??

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I havenít voted for Sandwolf because I find Hum more scummy than Sand. I would vote for Sand m, but alas, I have but one vote.

I moved my vote to merk off of Hum to avoid a nodunk with an early rear end deadline.

What about my posting makes you characterize my actions as anything but the above, Nat?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Youíre welcome to call me defensive but back it up with casework. I think youíll find itís not there

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I donít feel like Iíve played sufficiently townie cause admittedly there hasnít been a lot of engagement in this game. But my play has absolutely not been scummy. Itís been probing!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lol ďIíve done no case work but Iím convinced the bad case Iíve floated is correctĒ

Good luck, yíall

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I will vote for myself to avoid a no dunk but would rather we find scum

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Whatís the case against me again? Asking so I can consider if I should move my vote to myself, since Iím not convinced.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Did you? Will you reiterate it rather than saying you posted it and not going into it? Because I donít think you have much of a case on me besides ďgutĒ

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I guess you did post a case on me, itís just wrong. To respond to it: I posted why I thought Hum is scum and voted for him to back it up, and Iíve been engaging with you cause Iím trying to gauge if you believe your opinions or if youíre faking it. I donít need to engage Hum in that manner because I already believe heís faking it.

The issue here is nobody is really playing. My defense after two days of basically zero play and interaction is literally ďI mean Iím not scum cause Iíve been casing peopleĒ and thatís an opinion read I canít change your mind on. You are welcome to vote me, Iím just gonna flip town

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mafia is suffering

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I still want to ##vote Hum. The walk back from merk to me is still the scummiest thing thatís happened in game

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

SolusLunes posted:

Now I wonder if Quid survived because scum weren't on the lynch and didn't want to have their scumbud killed, or if all the scum were already on the lynch and couldn't push it through.

Iím not a huge fan of this post cause it looks like participation but really itís just floating two disparate ideas without doing the legwork or making a conclusion. Scummy vibes.

The IDEA behind it is good though and now Iím gonna look at the end of day 2.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ehn thereís really not much there.

Sandwolf, what do you think about Nat 20ís argument re: my calling him out for his weirdness around Kashunoís statements being scummy? That interaction also seems disingenuous to me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

If I was pushed, the Sandwolf case has merit because he's rightly pointing out your reluctance to settle on a vote across multiple days and situations which is typically scummy.

What about the way Iíve laid out my feelings around Sandwolf & Hun from D2 into now do you feel supports this characterization of my play? Can you show your work?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Who would you characterize as a lurker tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

Well if you remember my vote on you on Day 2 lay primarily around how defensive your posting was.

Constantly zeroing in on the argument that I've at *great* length, explained wasn't all that important and constantly asking me to defend it over and over isn't exactly a great shout in that area.

I'm pretty sure you are scum but you're actually posting so I'd much rather have you in the game than our resident lurkers.

What do you feel I should have done yesterday other than defend myself, when the only topic of the day was whether or not I was scum, and until Sandwolf posted a case there was no case outlining why I was scum beyond ďheís focusing on him not being scum, which is scummy?Ē

Iím zeroing Iím on this because it was literally the only topic of discussion yesterday and I am trying to gauge if youíre faking it or not. Do you still feel the same about me in light of this analysis?