Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
The video card for my video editing PC/gamin' rig circa 2013 kicked the bucket almost a year ago and I've been dealing with onboard video for that long. I'm not looking to do a big upgrade as it's still a super usable machine and I'm saving to buy a car. But with Black Friday coming I was wondering about a video card replacement. I'm not looking for crazy high graphics. I'm still rocking a 1080p monitor (with a second one for not-gaming) and that's not likely to change.

Rig:
i5-4670 clocked at 3.40GHz
32GB of RAM
Asus H87M Pro4 motherboard
Old dead card I'm upgrading from: GTX670 (RIP)

Other info:
Uses:
-I don't do very much video editing anymore but occasional 1080p video edit work (1-2 hour long projects in Vegas and Premiere). Most work I do is audio which doesn't care about graphics cards, only RAM and CPU.
-I'd like to get 120fps out of most modern games at 1080p.
Budget: $100

FlyingCheese fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU