Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
Does this build support dual monitors? i think it does but am not sure. also, what adapter do i need for that graphics card to make it support dual monitors?

chernobyl kinsman fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
i have a Gigabyte B450M DS3h motherboard and a mustex 903 case. do the wires labeled power, reset, power LED, etc., go into the motherboard or the power source?

also theres a plug in the case labeled "dxd" and i have no idea what that does. i honestly dontknow what im doing

chernobyl kinsman fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 14, 2020

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
e: double post

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

ItBreathes posted:

Motherboard, the manual tells you which goes where.

No idea about dxd. Googles not coming back with anything either.

Party Boat posted:

There should be a header with pins labelled "front panel" (usually in a corner). You'll need to check your motherboard manual to see which cables go where on it.

DXD might be "digital extreme definition" so could be an audio cable? If it's another small one coming from the front panel it's probably what connects the front headphone / mic ports to the motherboard. Again the manual will tell you exactly where it needs to be plugged.

got it thanks guys. a couple of the plugs don't say +/- on them, but they have a little arrow over one of the pins. i'm assuming that's +?

drd doesn't seem to fit anything

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

Party Boat posted:

Okay so take a look at the motherboard layout diagram on page 4. Near the bottom right is a bit labelled F_PANEL - that's where the little cables like power switch, LED etc go. There's another diagram on page 16 that details exactly what goes where. You might not have cables for every pin on the header - that's okay.

Going back to the motherboard diagram, at the bottom left there's a header labelled F_AUDIO. Check and see if your mystery DXD cable matches the pin layout of it.

Edit: glad you got it sorted! Yeah the arrow means +

awesome thanks. the motherboard just came with a little abbreviated manual that lacked the F_PANEL diagram; should've thought to look online. the only thing i still can't figure out is where the case is going to draw power for the fans from, since the only open plug i have is the dxd one, which doesn't seem to fit the audio. it doesnt fit SYS_FAN or CPU_fan, either

i don't have all the pieces for this thing yet. is it essential to mount an HSF on the CPU? the case itself has six fans, and the pcpartpicker list i put this together from didn't have one.

i also cannot find the speaker wire lol

chernobyl kinsman fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 14, 2020

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

Party Boat posted:

Any chance you could post a photo of the mystery cable? It's difficult to puzzle out what it could be without any visuals. It might be power for your fan controller which would plug into the PSU, but in that case there should definitely be another cable for SYS_FAN to allow the motherboard to control the fans.

yeah sure its this thing https://imgur.com/a/cUN8lDZ

its part of this weird mess of wires that run to all of the fans. if i unplug one of them, the female plug fits on SYS_FAN, i think

oh and re: the hsf i had forgotten that the processor i ordered (ryzen 2600) comes with one so nevermind

chernobyl kinsman fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 14, 2020

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stickman posted:

My guess is that it's for the RGB control button on the top of the case. Does each fan have two cables coming from it?

yeah. and then those cables all go into that mess i'm holding in the last pic. theres only one available plug, and its the male one in the first album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
ok wait i found something i missed. there's also this thing attached to the fan wires:

these are all clearly the wires for the fans but without unplugging some of them there doesnt seem to be any way to connect them to the cpu

the case is this goofy thing

e: nevermind that plug just goes to the PSU. problem solved. thanks guys

chernobyl kinsman fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 14, 2020