Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Was cleaning out some drawers of old computer parts and found this old sales order from 2001.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Wow, the Power Supply famine of 2020 is real. Third party markup for those that still have them is ridiculous.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Agent355 posted:

The next best card is never more than a few months out.

MX to GTS to GTX to RTX……

In my experience the question is what do you want to live with for the lifespan of your builds? How long do you usually go until a refresh? For me it’s somewhere between 3-4 years.

My last build (4670k/970) lasted me a good long while and while it wasn’t on the bleeding edge of performance it was still handling AAA titles without much of an issue. I just handed it off this morning to an old friend who’s in late stage cancer and wants to relive some of his better days of real dirt track racing online with his racing bros. :gbsmith:

I started on this one right as covid was kicking off so I didn’t have many issues with supply and shipping delays.

I don’t think I would be trying to start a new build now though. Carts are bare!