Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What's the general opinion on the 3900X? I noticed pretty much every build guide written earlier this year omitted it and thought maybe it was a chip people weren't recommending, but it seems like it may have just been difficult to find/overpriced for a few months. Is that the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

That's a really good PSU, from what I understand, but, me personally: I would be worried about putting that much new hardware on an ~older~ PSU. Still within the warranty, so if anything happens you should be :airquote: covered :airquote:, but a new PSU is 10-15% of the cost of the CPU/Mobo/GPU you mentioned, so why risk it?

I am old, so 10-year warranties as standard still gives me side-eye... :corsair:

Back in 2002 my friend's power supply died and took his brand new Ti4200 with it. I will never stop being paranoid about power supplies no matter what anyone tells me.