Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Hey guys, I need to buy some drives for a security camera storage pool at a local business. The company who sells the security camera setup typically uses Western Digital Purple drives with their stuff, but I've been hearing chatter about Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance drives and wanted to ask you guys about them. They're 7200rpm as opposed to the WD's 5400, and they have a workload rating of 550 TB per year.

However, last I checked (admittedly several years ago), Western Digital was the king of platter drives and Seagate was pretty shaky in terms of reliability. Has Seagate stepped up their game? Would you guys recommend Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance drives or Western Digital Purple drives for a company's security camera setup?

edit: vv Thank you!

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU