Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Can someone recommend me a specific board for an upcoming amd build when the new zen drops? I have 2 nvme drives, 3 or 4 sata ssds, 1 hard drive, and I plug a lot of usb poo poo in all at once. Not doing sli because it's dumb so it seems like I should still go for a B550 board based on the chatter from the past couple pages. Only other thing I can think of is that I'd like built in bluetooth. I'd like to keep it under $200 but I'm flexible, and I'm in the US.
Would that Asus tuf gaming mentioned a few posts up be the best choice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

So I have the ROG Strix B550 -F gaming mobo sitting at best buy for pick up. I looked for the memory compatibility to go ahead and pull the trigger on some new ram and what I'm reading is that zen 3 works best with 4000mhz. I can't find any that support 32gb in a 16x2 configuration on the qvl list, and I'm mostly just gaming at 1440p widescreen if that matters. Should I return it and find a different mobo (for whatever reason really, I just want the drat usb ports to power my rift through an extension cord and there not to be ghosts in my computer anymore that shut off my games randomly) or just stick with 16gb and find some 4000mhz 8x2 ram? Will support expand when zen 3 is released and the bios is updated making it better to wait?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I found enough in 8x2, but it sounds like just waiting for zen 3 and checking the updated bios support is the way to go unless I'm missing something.