Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

What country are you in? USA
What are you using the system for? Mostly 2-3 year old games
What's your budget? $400

Building a gaming/Youtube PC for my daughter. Will be using a Ryzen 5 2400 and RX 580 I already have. I don't have experience with this Thermaltake case, but it gets good reviews and I think everything will fit.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($69.44 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA BR 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ Walmart)
Total: $332.40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Klyith posted:

Things will deff fit, because that case is a lot bigger than it looks. You see the pics and think about mini-itx shoebox cases with the same shape, but that thing is over 45½ L volume. That's well more than a full ATX Meshify C!

By comparison, a Cooler Master Q300L is only 33.5 L, or the tower-style thermaltake Versa H18 is 36.

It's an interesting case, but if you chose it for being small you might want to re-think because it ain't that. It's just short and wide.

Thanks for pointing this out! I had been looking at so many cases, I forgot to actually check the dimensions of the Core V21. It's actually bigger than my current case (Fractal Define Mini C), which I was trying to downsize from! I'll take a look at those other ones you recommended. I'm trying to find the smallest case that will still fit a mATX mobo and ATX power supply, so I can avoid the premium price on ITX/SFX. I think ~30L volume is ideal.

sim fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 3, 2020