Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Samsung SSDs are a ripoff now.

Is this just that other manufacturers have caught up and Samsung isn't the unquestioned go-to anymore, so the (hysterical) premium isn't worth it?

e: this question probably says a lot about when the last time I bought an SSD was. :v:

mynnna fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.microcenter.com/product/630918/powerspec-g707-gaming-computer

Anything glaringly wrong with this?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Seems fine to me

Good CPU, good GPU, NVMe, etc

Also 750w PSU so that you can potentially get a bigger card down the road

Thanks. Normally I’d build from scratch, but…

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

is our long, global nightmare finally coming to an end???
https://twitter.com/bnonews/status/1395005627886342146?s=21

i just want to see reflections in the cyberpunks

Gonna just remind myself that this has to a) stick b) dissuade crypto farmers c) supply still has to pick up and so just be okay with the fact that I picked up a system from microcenter literally yesterday rather than wait any longer.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Slightly "I feel like I should know the answer to this" question - I can just take the secondary HD from my old system and stick it into the new system and have it work, right? The new computer won't just go "what the gently caress is all this data?"

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

No problem at all.

That's what I thought, but it's been a long drat time since I've setup a new system, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

vanilla slimfast posted:

Don’t give them any ideas

If mining with detached power switches meant they wouldn't mine with GPUs I say let them go for it.

(e: it would not.)