Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
I was perusing Newegg the other day and made an impulse buy of a 1660 Ti card that was on sale to replace my old GTX 960. It has since occurred to me that maybe installing this card in my almost 4 year old i5-6400 Skylake PC maybe wouldn't actually get me as much of a performance boost as I was hoping since it would potentially be limited by the old CPU/Mobo.

So what do you think thread? Am I an idiot who either needs to return the card or pony up for some new CPU/Mobo/RAM as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU