Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
What country are you in?
UK (now based in London for what that's worth)

What are you using the system for?

A mix of gaming, light office tasks, web browsing and watching netflix/youtube etc. So quiet at idle would be nice, I quite like gaming with headphones now. I was really looking forward to playing cyberpunk 2077 and watch dogs legion
What's your budget? around ~£950

I've recently acquired a 4k monitor with freesync. maxes out at 60hz iirc I'm not looking for all games at ultra 120hz happy with a stable 60 even if i need to drop the quality down, or just us upscaling.

This is what I've got so far, anything I can cut down on. Most of my media etc is now on the cloud or an external drive (perks of traveling for the last few years). I've picked a mini itx system because I don't have a lot of space and I expect to be moving again in the next 12 months. Any suggestions on a case?

I've also been considering buying a cpu with integrated graphics the ryzen 5 3400g and not getting a dedicated GPU for a couple of months maybe waiting to see if /when amd release a new high end gpu ( rx 5800/ rx 59000).

Here's what I've got so far.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£151.50 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (£199.99 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: *Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£70.63 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£99.41 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card (£338.99 @ CCL Computers)
Case: Silverstone SG13 Mini ITX Tower Case (£39.95 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: be quiet! System Power 9 CM 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£60.60 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £961.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-14 15:08 GMT+0000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
I nearly bought a new PC in march to replace my "gaming" laptop gtx 1050 but have held off. I now realise that what I actually want is something like the intel ghost canyon nuc but with a ryzen processor I can buy now, and then drop a 3070 or what ever new AMD equivalent is announced in a few week, once the reviews for cyberpunk are out. Am I mad? Or should I just wait for the amd announcement and build a ryzen 4000 series something?

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
At this point I'm seriously considering something built around a apu to get through until stock becomes available, then putting in a decent card and upgrading the processor at the end of the year.