Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Its that AMD hit it out of the park with ryzen also the performance per $ is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
There is no reason to go for a 3800x over a 3700x for the $20 difference in price right?

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
But a 3700x over a 3600x is a good buy currently right?

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
My mom came to me asking about upgrading her office PC because "It's old and slow" she some how keeps enough stuff open all the time to have it throttle on ram with 8gb so I guess I should be looking at a system with 16g of ram. She also does not game so I was looking at like https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/Hgj48d/budget-homeoffice-build for her. But sometimes I know there are prebuilts that are cheaper than parting it out yourself any changes to that or suggestions?