Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
What country are you in? - U.S.
What are you using the system for? - Gaming mostly, maybe some video editing in the future. I want to be able to play Squad, Hell Let Loose, Witcher 3, and newer games (like Cyberpunk coming out later this year) with great settings and resolutions. I also want at least a 2TB SSD.
What's your budget? - I'd like to spend under or at $2,500-$3,000 but I'd be willing to spend more to meet my needs.
If you're gaming, what is your monitor resolution / refresh rate? - Don't have a monitor yet, but I'd like a big one with a great refresh rate. 27" would be awesome, but 24" would be okay too.
How fancy do you want your graphics, from “it runs” to “Ultra preset as fast as possible”? - I want great graphics.

I've looked through PC Parts Picker, but I've been out of the PC parts game for a while and I have no idea if I should go with AMD or Intel, much less what graphics card I should get (Radeon vs Geforce), etc. I'm essentially clueless on hardware right now.

My Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop that I got last year just isn't cutting it for the newer games. It runs all the old games, even Fallout 4 on max settings, flawlessly, but it sputters with Squad, and the HDD is only 256gb SSD, so I can't even install more than a couple games at a time.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU