Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pony Jabroni
Feb 27, 2016

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever
This is my first year doing this, and since I no longer have family to celebrate with, I guess goons are better than nothing.

Santa: I'm a 31 yo genderqueer gay man, so any trans/gay/GQ/aro pride stuff is always good. I live alone with my cat (feel free to include toys for him but he's spoiled enough as is). I'm an artist and also enjoy fishing, cross stitch, cooking, and weight lifting. I like books about weird science stuff and am a chemist according to my degree, but moonlight as a tortured microbiologist currently. I do not drink or smoke pot and am not huge on chocolate, but love fruit and sour candies if that's your jam. I prefer savory things though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Voltage posted:

I am a 32 (by the time this is active) year old American male

Happy birthday.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Genesplicer posted:

Oh, Yes!

Dear Santa I am a 57 year old science teacher. I like science stuff. A lot. Also science books, science toys, and any other science-related material. If you happen to have a spare Large Hadron Collider lying around, and you were not sure what to do with it, I think it would make a great gift! I also like art supplies, and collect things like fountain pens and fossils. If you could find a fossilized fountain pen, my life would be complete. Mrs. Genesplicer and I also like regional things, particularly foods. Our dogs and cats don't give a poo poo, generally speaking, but will occasionally raise an eyebrow for pet-related materials.

Dear Santee I'm not sure who or what you are. But stalking you (in a completely innocent, non-creepy way) should provide me with some information. In any event, I shall send you something that is almost, but not quite, completely unlike what you were expecting. And since bees are still in short supply, I've had to switch to slugs. Expect slugs. Lots and lots of slugs.

A spare Large Hadron Collider you say.

I may be able to part with one.

HodjasBitch
Apr 24, 2003

Too bad you revealed what a huge asshole you are so early in the game.....I woulda put out.
Fun Shoe
Old lady goon here, in for SASSmass cheer again!

Santa, I have enjoyed many gifts from goons over the years. Coffee and tea, chocolate and hard candy, music and videos, plushies, socks, candles, my everyday coffee mug....loved them all! Still waiting for bees. I am 420 friendly, thus, an Achiever. It becomes legal here in my state after the new year, what what!

Local stuff is cool, home made also very cool. I have a doggo, but she is quite neurotic and hates me. She is a yellow lab, so if pets are your jam, she likes food, scared shitless of toys. Otherwise, I am not hard to please, I only ask that my gift is fun for you to choose, not stressful.

e: I've been wanting one of these for years....

Santee, looking forward to stalking you.

HodjasBitch fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 22, 2019

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Oho, it is indeed that time again. My santa flaked last year but I shall fight the humbuggery with greater cheer this year, so get ready santee.

Santee: Once I know who you are I will stalk, but be aware - I bought a sewing machine and a pressure cooker this year, gifts will be made. I also love used book shops so some weird literature will probably be included. We'll talk.

Santa: I'm huge into science nerd poo poo, cats, cooking, tea, star wars, comics, old british sci-fi/comedy, cannabis, coding, and I'm a pan transwoman so pretty dang queer. 38 years old, engaged, no kids, 3 cats. I am a skinny bitch. Gay me up with star wars and cat stuff. Or bees, that's cool too.

Vanadium Dame fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 24, 2019

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
How the gently caress did I miss this thread for six days?? I got signed up and verified last night for my fifth SASS and I'm excited!

SANTA: Lo, I am A Horrible, Chittering Mass, That None Can Bear To Countenance. I have many posts on these here forums, but since search never works I wish you luck finding them. I'm open to pretty much anything. Send a box full of dildos and weed and I will be fine. Just don't send anything with much sugar because I have the diabeetus and I'll feel obligated to eat it.

SANTEE: There Will Be Bees. And I've already started going through thrift stores looking for the weirdest things I can possibly send. Once I know more about you, I might even get something that fits!

Last year's Santa painted a picture of my cats on a cardboard space shuttle and it was the most amazing thing I've ever had from SASS. It hangs proudly above my TV. (You are not expected to live up to that, 2019 Santa.)

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

I signed up so I guess I should maybe post something?

Dear Santa: I am a 30-something PNW math teacher ladytype with a husband and two cats. I enjoy cats, dinosaurs, bees (esp. bumblebees), books, and tasty things. No 420, NSFW okay but nothing too gross please (husband is prone to The Vapors). Anything that you can find that's creepy or unsettling I will probably enjoy (I keep one of those cymbal-playing monkey toys in a cage in my classroom). Mr. Curling enjoys hard scifi and youtube videos about retro technology; the cats like catnip and cheap cat treats. If you can, please also send me a mix CD, since I miss the old days and love hearing other people's music. :3:

Dear Santee: I love buying presents, so I am excited to watch you from the bushes outside learn all about the kinds of things you like from your posts. You might get some homemade poo poo, or whatever I can find at the local markets. You may or may not also get a mix CD.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I VERIFIED my PROFILE and EMAIL

!!

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

peanut posted:

I VERIFIED my PROFILE and EMAIL

!!

Me too!

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE
so like haha for those utter losers who maybe only recently decided to participate this year in sass (pfft I know, way to be in :rolleyes:) maybe someone could explain the bees thing. not me, I am not eloquent or a very good storyteller.

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE
I just want to know how bees smell haha

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Ramaroot posted:

so like haha for those utter losers who maybe only recently decided to participate this year in sass (pfft I know, way to be in :rolleyes:) maybe someone could explain the bees thing. not me, I am not eloquent or a very good storyteller.

It's traditional to include a swarm of live bees in your package. Extra points if they're africanized.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Ramaroot posted:

I think it started many years ago with a goon donation drive to Heifer International for bees, but I don't know how that connects to SASS

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

vortmax posted:

I think it started many years ago with a goon donation drive to Heifer International for bees, but I don't know how that connects to SASS

bees have a lot of history with goons but the HI stuff was definitely a memorable thing and that was the year it carried over to SASS.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Ramaroot posted:

Like honey :3:

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
Been a few years but the gifting bug has bit!

Dear Santa

I'm a 33 year old goon lady from the east coast of USA who likes Final Fantasy 14, Yakuza (mostly the video games, please do not send actual yakuza), lots of music to include EDM/glitchop, eurobeat, Japanese Rock and visual kei, beer, enamel pins, cats, and owls. I also like and collect stuffed animals. I have 1 cat if you wish to give a small gift to her (I also have a fish but he doesn't appreciate nice things). Food is a good gift too, but please nothing spicy or with fruit filling or cream cheese! Also if you are going to try to send beer, no gose/sours please! Also nothing weed or drug related!

May add more before the 1st if I think I missed something to help my Santa gift me.

Dear Santee

You might get cookies and beer, depending. Or bees. Or bees in beer and cookies. The world is a mystery!

Bremma fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 21, 2019

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Dear Santa

Hello I am TODD BONZALEZ and I am a 33 year old guy who lives with a cat and likes:

Owls
Cats
Food or other stuff local to you
Art & Crafts
Books
Really poo poo hideous ornaments
Really terrible films
Socks
Interesting medical-related books and objects - all going well I'm going to medical school next September so this is a big nerd interest for me

This will be delivered to where I work, so please keep any NWS stuff inside the box :)
I also wear a size M for t-shirts.

Dear Santee

I will try to get you stuff you like based on your post here, and also be prepared for weird things I find on the market/thrift store as well as arts and crafts

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .
Signed up for my first SASS!

I'm a 37 year old lady goon who is extremely gay. I like the following:

Scifi prints, the older the better
Scifi or nonfiction books
weird candy
jiu jitsu

Or just send something funny.

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE
I do remember the swarms of bees from Heifer but I didn't know it was connected. cool!

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
Just signed up! I've been a goon for 10 years but have never done SASS.

Dear Santa:

I am a 34 year old gay male Canadian. NSFW or 420 is fine, I live alone and don't have pets.

I like:

Piercing/tattooing (I work as a piercer)
Papercrafts/origami
Stealth/puzzle video games
Horror/thriller books & movies (but NOT sci-fi/fantasy)
Weird stuffed animals
Tacky ornaments
Craft beer
Old forensic/medical books
Strange candy and snacks (especially salty liquorice!)
Random AliExpress junk

Dear Santee:

I'm in Canada, so I'll find you some local treats and whatever bees haven't frozen yet.

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
Squeee!

Dear Santa,

I'm a 35 year old ladygoon with two dogs living in the frozen squalid NORTH! Well, I mean Halifax in Canada, well Dartmouth, so like medium squalid and damp cold. I love coffee, tea, regional objects, random pens you steal from banks, shiny objects, anything to do with knitting or the fibre arts, snack foods, handmade stuff, cosmetics, skincare, adorable chachkis. Really anything. I'm a big fan of the Weird Secondhand Finds group on Facebook. Please no dolls haunted or otherwise. Not that I'll be ungrateful for your generosity, but I will kill it with fire just in case. Thank you for advance for your thought, and your time. I stand ready, epi-pen in hand, for all your buzzy tidings of joy :)

The dogs are a beagle and a labradoodle. They love everything. They love lamp! They will be possibly photoed with any objects you send depending on whether or not they are awake. They generally begin hibernating until spring now.

Dear Santee: Expect something handmade, with love, and natural products.

It'll be a hive. A hive full of bees.

Although they are getting scarce so Genesplicer's idea of just sending slugs is pretty darn smart. I mean they're basically just gross slimy, hypoallergenic bees, and I hear they're good for your skin!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Dear Santa

I've been a goodish boy this year. I'm in Atlantic Canada, and I'm a cheap bastard so you're probably Canadian too. I'm a big guy, so please don't send clothes/hats etc as they won't fit. I'm into Scifi/Fantasy books, casual PC gaming, board games, BBQ, and cooking. 420 OK, NSFW is not. Funny/unique stuff is good. Gross is not. Other than that, go hog wild!

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Yay, this thing again!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Dear Santa,

I have been a very good goon this year. Minus the termite genocide. Those fuckers infested my bedroom and died screaming. But other than that, none of my enemies have died screaming so I expect a good haul!

I keep tropical fish, Santa, so can always use air stones or SeaChem Prime or fish food. I also have an awesome pet hedgehog (rescue) named Urchin. I have a house of other animals too, like tortoises and snakes and cats, and foster neglected cats, so cat toys are always sweet. if you send things for them to wear, I will post pics and hopefully not need stitches but that is the price we pay for Christmas!

I also love all handmade things!

Pokemon Go is my gym. I love Magikarp the most because when I evolve, like him, I will totally kill you all. Also like Overwatch, StarWars, and annoyingly bright clothes. My shirt size is 3xl if that helps!

Love,
Cowslips Warren

Dear Santee,

if you do not post what you like or dislike, I will send you a box of something. It may be a good something. May be a bad something. Maybe a 20 gallon tote of used mouse bedding. I have spoken.

Tits and giggles,
Santa

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

yasssssssssssssss

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Ramaroot posted:

maybe someone could explain the bees thing.

Bees are associated with goons because of goonswarm/goonfleet, the forums faction in Eve Online, who rose to power in game by constantly recruiting hundreds of bored goons ready to grief tryhard players with devastating swarms of kamakazi attacks using tiny basic ships flown by people who maybe only started that day just for the one flight, solely to piss people off. Its beautiful and extremely SA.

The cartoon bee on the sass wrapping paper is the goonswarm mascot.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

HI SANTA!

I'm a middle-aged married ladygoon with two goons in training (please no glitter dicks or anything otherwise NSFW) and two cats. I would love anything interesting from your part of the world, but if you need more help, I enjoy coffee, tea, cross stitch, British crime dramas, Disney, UFC (particularly Amanda Nunes), Harry Potter, and Japanese pens/stationery.

Dearest Santee,

There will be bees.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
I have done this in the past, specifically in 2007, 2009-2012 and 2015. I guess that makes this the 7th time.

To Santa:

I'm 42 years old, married with a daughter that turns 6 on 12/23. Daughter loves Pokemon, Minecraft and drawing/painting/coloring and frequently believes she is a cat. See her handywork below:

I like scifi and fantasy crap, games (both video and tabletop), cigars and woodworking. My T-Shirt size is XL. You can send pretty much anything, I can handle nsfw or 420, just let me know ahead of time. Please nothing that will get me arrested. Wife and I love regional stuff and foods although my wife is a pollock ( a Minnesota pollock not a euro pollock) and can't handle spicy. I love spicy. Chocolate will of course always work.

Other than that, send whatever. I probably don't have much to stalk right now, been pretty lurky recently.

Santee:

If you post nothing I do have a lot of sawdust I need to get rid of. I'll try and make something, but that's gonna depend on how far I get on my workshop.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Scudworth posted:

Bees are associated with goons because of goonswarm/goonfleet, the forums faction in Eve Online, who rose to power in game by constantly recruiting hundreds of bored goons ready to grief tryhard players with devastating swarms of kamakazi attacks using tiny basic ships flown by people who maybe only started that day just for the one flight, solely to piss people off. Its beautiful and extremely SA.

The cartoon bee on the sass wrapping paper is the goonswarm mascot.

also didn't SASS start because a goon posted he had sent bees in an international charity to help a family in Africa and challenged goons to send bees or parts of goats, etc?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Last year all my secret santa got me was AIDS :sigh:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Nooner posted:

Last year all my secret santa got me was AIDS :sigh:
But what else can you get for the man who has everything?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Done this for years and I love it.

Hi Santa,

Go nuts with local stuff or anything you think I'll like based on sifting creepily through my post history.

If you're stumped for ideas: I like cats and parrots. I dig history and really dig reading about history, especially in the sort of anthropological "life at this time in this civilization" exploration sense. I play a lot of games, my favorite is Crusader Kings 2, but I also love the Fallout and Civilization series. I play both Final Fantasy XIV and World of Warcraft sporadically.

Tendai fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 30, 2019

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender
Hello sinterklaas,

I'm a 32 year old guy that rides his bike to a library everyday. I try not to own books, but pick up reference grammars for languages I'll never speak. I dig medieval Turkish stuff, archery, knitting, weaving, fiber-crafty stuff. I wear a medium t-shirt and eat all food, except for pigs feet like that santa gave me that one year.

Bees, yes. Booze, yes. NWS, just keep it inside.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Edit: nevermind

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
Hey Santa. I'm 36 and I have made terrible, terrible decisions and have a three month old daughter (tomorrow). Please send me sleep, and some really really hard drugs. I have to spend all my time making her become a pro downhill snowboarder or spacewoman to fufill all my broken dreams.

I'll poo poo post like crazy between now and Dec 1st! I'm a software engineer with a terrible motorbike. Usual engineer life choices, video / board games, guitar, coffee, cigars and long distance running. With my only real spare time this month I used it to see Terminator: Dark Fate and now I need hollow and empty.

Pretty much just send me a time machine so i can play wolfenstein for reals. NSFW is fine and dandy inside the box. Send me a naked 1940's lady with WIFE DO NOT OPEN on the box or something.

Also music! There is only so much megadeth a man can listen to while running.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

also didn't SASS start because a goon posted he had sent bees in an international charity to help a family in Africa and challenged goons to send bees or parts of goats, etc?

I remember it being a more white elephant kind of deal. Like, we were supposed to gather unwanted or quirky things we already had and only spend money on shipping. I remember this because I sent an Ice Bats bobble head that I probably should have kept but meh. It's just stuff. (but if you're the goon who still has it can you post a pic of it?)

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Does anyone still have the picture of a Dreamcast filled with mealworms that someone sent a few years back?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
AT LAST! Was starting to get worried.

SANTA: You DO exist! I just got married this year which is dandy. I am a dude of considerable bulk who is into woodworking, Dungeons and Dragons, MTG, etc. I am a big fan of exotic foods and spicy stuff so if you are from a region known for hot sauce or some special stuff(s), that is awesome. If you are into making stuff that is mighty fine as well. Please don't put NSFW poo poo on the box as my family will be directly exposed to the contents of this parcel.

Santee: Hoping to make you something really goddamn cool, so hope you like cool things.

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 22, 2019

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I've missed out on this!!!

Dear Santa: I'm 30 year old manbaby. I'm a big Cleveland fan, sports and all the garbage that comes with it. I love me some video games, but mostly MMO's (both wow and FF14 these days), and I'm a big tabletop nerd with both board games and pen and paper (starfinder and 5e currently). I also love animals, specifically tortie cats and corgis. I have my own cat named Bean who is hella cuddly and loves gifts too. I am not picky on things I get, anything is fine though I do love homemade stuff as well.

Mayor Glowku fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Question Mark Mound posted:

Does anyone still have the picture of a Dreamcast filled with mealworms that someone sent a few years back?

That wasn't in SASS that was in yosmas.