Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Matt Zerella posted:

Are we going to Hoth? That would be cool.

If he's looking for Jedi, it would more likely be Ilum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gently caress yes it looks so drat good!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Matt Zerella posted:

Are we going to Hoth? That would be cool.

I hope it's Illum.

I guess I'll have to link all my normie friends the Ahsoka Tano and Illum Wookieepedia articles to get them up to speed.

E: Surprising lack of even a brief shot of Giancarlo. Wonder if there's something like a cool helmet affectation or whatever they're saving to reveal.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 15, 2020

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

drunkill posted:

Sasha Banks, another wrestler.

Oh, looks like you're right. Well, that just gives me more questions then.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

drunkill posted:

Looks like it might be Illum with the speeder bikes in the snow, similar to the Imperial trench as seen in jedi fallen order, starkiller base being built.

Starkiller Base being Ilum that has a big trench because they mined out too much kyber is probably the worst addition to new canon imo. It’s just so dumb. Why?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

Starkiller Base being Ilum that has a big trench because they mined out too much kyber is probably the worst addition to new canon imo. It’s just so dumb. Why?

There is a lot of dumb poo poo they added. A LOT.

Most of it makes no sense either.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TK-42-1 posted:

Why not? Of all the things that are dumb in the sequels, I don't see why that stands out at all. They mined up enough crystals to power (presumably) two Death Stars and an entire planet laser. Plus it's a neat visual.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TK-42-1 posted:

It's not like it's a new addition--that was being teased as far back as 2015

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Star Wars is dumb and we love it because of it's dumbness.

I can't wait to see how Mando handles a Jedi.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Okay, the season two trailer looks great, but all this "this is the way"-ing starts to get annoying. :v:

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 15, 2020

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

TK-42-1 posted:

Feel like "Don't have any people, huh? Well then I'll just call you SOLO" takes the cake for me.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ninjahedgehog posted:

Feel like "Don't have any people, huh? Well then I'll just call you SOLO" takes the cake for me.

As someone who does data entry--I will forever defend that moment. The intake system wouldn't let the officer proceed without SOMETHING in the surname box, so he made something up real quick.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Excited for some tv to take my mind off of death and extinction

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, another disagreement on the Starkiller=Illum thing. I thought that connection was fairly clever. JJ obviously had no intention to do that, but as a later retcon in-universe it made sense and added some additional depth to both places.

I was thinking of holding off on watching the trailer because I feared it would spoil too much, thankfully it uses a lot of season 1 dialogue and just offers some flavor visual teases.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Illum = Starkiller Base was fine and kind of cool.

Maybe they will do with it what they did with the prequels: Play footsie with some of the cooler aesthetics and plot points without going balls deep into the garbage.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

So: Running a FFG Star War game for my kids and naturally they love the Baby.

Thinking it could be kind of neat to make it a "prequel" to the Mandolorian since there's 50 years of Baby History to play with where they are protecting him during the end of the clone wars and or GCW. What are some fun plot points/setpieces I could run with like scissors with that?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yaddle dies leaving Yoda with her baby and he has a wacky adventure trying to pawn him off on other Jedi while he's fighting a war with hi-larious results.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
All the Mon Calamari and Quarren walking around in that fishing harbor has me excited that it might be our first live-action look at Dac

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It could even be a snowy planet we haven't seen before.

Obviously it won't be a snowy part of a planet that isn't entirely snow-covered.

Tarquinn posted:

Okay, the season two trailer looks great, but all this "this is the way"-ing starts to get annoying. :v:

Yeah I'm pretty much over it as a slogan.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
"This is the way" is this show's "Winter is coming". It's a catchy line that a lot of pop culture exposure will crystallize around, and it's central to the characterization of their main character. They'd be silly not to capitalize on it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Obviously it won't be a snowy part of a planet that isn't entirely snow-covered.

I'm imagining a planetologist in the Star Wars galaxy giving a presentation to his peers about Earth and being laughed out of the lecture hall.

"A biosphere with deserts AND tropical forests AND seas AND freshwater lakes AND grassy plains AND dozens more biomes? Absurd!"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Naboo has different biomes at least

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

euphronius posted:

Naboo has different biomes at least

Sure does. Ocean, Meadow and Tuscany

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

Sure does. Ocean, Meadow and Tuscany

Forest too. And deep underwater. And coasts. It has a lot but that kind of makes sense as we spend a lot of time there

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They could always go to a Warhammer planet called Mundus Planus.

Telos and Kashyyyk also have variable biomes.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Tarquinn posted:

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Can't visualize how Docks Lady could be Ahsoka, even if they shrank her head tails. Besides, I feel like it would be weird to just drop her front and center in the trailer like that.

Gore Koresh (the cyclops) is a name I hadn't heard teased and I wonder what his deal is. Looks like they've done a good job keeping a lid on everything just like they were able to hide Baby Yoda until the season one premiere.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The cyclops species was bugging me, because it seemed familiar but I couldn't recall if that was even SW or not. Just remembered Myo in the cantina.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Abyssin

Really love how they're mining some of the minor species who give off "Hey, that seems familiar" vibes.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I kinda like the way The Armorer went "This is the way" in the trailer. It had an amused tone that basically said "Tough poo poo, Mando. Code says to reap what you sow."

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PunkBoy posted:

I kinda like the way The Armorer went "This is the way" in the trailer. It had an amused tone that basically said "Tough poo poo, Mando. Code says to reap what you sow."

Agreed. The armorer needs her own spinoff.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Trailer good. Me want now.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Hazo posted:

Can't visualize how Docks Lady could be Ahsoka, even if they shrank her head tails. Besides, I feel like it would be weird to just drop her front and center in the trailer like that.

Concur. Even if they minimized the headpiece for live action, I can't imagine they'd get rid of the color pattern on her face.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That wasn't Rosario Dawson.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yeah, I'm pretty certain that was Sasha Banks. I'm hoping she's not Sabine since Sabine is supposed to be Asian-coded.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 15, 2020

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Madurai posted:

Concur. Even if they minimized the headpiece for live action

Isn't that actually her head?

Because I asked about what I thought was her big old stupid hat and got told that by many angry goons.

EDIT: Okay, a google image search shows she's also wearing some sort of headpiece over her giant headbones.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 15, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PunkBoy posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that was Sasha Banks. I'm hoping she's not Sabine since Sabine is supposed to be Asian-coded.

This is confirmed, it’s Sasha Banks. I’m guessing the Rosario Dawson reveal wont happen till near the end of the season and will set up season 3 or her own spinoff show.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Isn't that actually her head?

Because I asked about what I thought was her big old stupid hat and got told that by many angry goons.

EDIT: Okay, a google image search shows she's also wearing some sort of headpiece over her giant headbones.

By "headpiece" I meant the prosthetic meant to represent the whole Togruta rack.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Keep in mind that unless I missed something, none of the casting or character rumors have actually been officially confirmed, including Sackhoff and Dawson.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Hazo posted:

Keep in mind that unless I missed something, none of the casting or character rumors have actually been officially confirmed, including Sackhoff and Dawson.

Nothing was ever officially announced for both Dawson and Sackhoff's castings as Ahsoka and Bo respectively, but they were both "confirmed" on Deadline, which is one of the media outlets that typically doesn't report unfounded scoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Also

Variety posted:

“That’s not confirmed yet but when that happens, I will be very happy. I’m very excited for that to be confirmed at some point,” [Dawson] said, adding it would be “a million and one percent because of the fans.”