Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Boba Fett dies to an earth vagina, Boba Fett II would have died to an earth anus without intervention. It rhymes

kiimo posted:

um is it

It is EXACTLY the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Have you considered how misogynist it is no one has considered it might be a baby Yaddle?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

God I wish Yaddle didn't exist

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Owlbear Camus posted:

Have you considered how misogynist it is no one has considered it might be a baby Yaddle?

A season finale reveal that whoa! it's a girl! would be extremely Disney Star Wars

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Yodel.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Excuse me that’s clearly Wallace Shawn in the middle.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

extremely online posted:

A season finale reveal that whoa! it's a girl! would be extremely Disney Star Wars

It'd be Disney Star Wars in its clumsiness. The actual woke thing would be not to give it a gender because you're assigning instead of letting it decide

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jewel Repetition posted:

Calling that child "Baby Yoda" is like calling every black baby you see "Baby Obama"

Jewel Repetition posted:

It'd be Disney Star Wars in its clumsiness. The actual woke thing would be not to give it a gender because you're assigning instead of letting it decide

is this performance art

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

extremely online posted:

is this performance art

It's posting art

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

One of these things is from a cursed movie

post the fleshlight pic

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

Calling that child "Baby Yoda" is like calling every black baby you see "Baby Obama"

It would be if black people were called “Obama’s species”

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Weedle posted:

It would be if black people were called “Obama’s species”

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=yobama&t=i

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How do we convey that this yoda is a woman?
*slaps wig on it*
Perfect!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
it’s pupilless eyes don’t even look like the other yodas

it must be some new species

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Cry Havoc posted:

It has pupils, the irises are just really dark brown. I couldn't decided if it was a puppet or CGI mostly because those are the best glass eyes I've ever seen and figured they had to be CGI.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

See, I thought about this as well. Because of the eyes, maybe it's not the same species as Yoda, but the rest of its body is very clearly the same.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Bobby Digital posted:

Excuse me that’s clearly Wallace Shawn in the middle.

Conceive of this, I cannot.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's a gremlin

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Direct link if the episode isn't up for you: https://www.disneyplus.com/video/8d1a536a-6815-4afe-ae71-cab7b3004a36

Icecream maker! Willrow Hood would be proud.

Edit: This series is getting better and better.

The mando clan scenes are great and the fighting styles are very similar to what we've seen in the clone wars and rebels.

This is the way.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 22, 2019

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I love Carl Weathers' used car salesman slant and the immediate head-tilt of offence the Mando takes when he sees that he's pocked some Beskar of his own..

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That was a really strong episode, some goofy visuals and effects work, but whatever, it's Star Wars.

I like the idea that in Mandalorian culture if you take a very lucrative job from the Empire to support everyone, you're a piece of poo poo who needs stabbed, but if you get into a massive fight with their primary source of income and force everyone to upturn their lives and possibly get killed, you're cool as hell.

Also, as someone who's only really seen the films and played The Old Republic games, is 'The Great Purge' the event that we see the Mando flashing back to? Or is that a seperate, earlier slaughter that necessitated him becoming a foundling? I don't really know what the canonical implications of it being the battle droids that did it is.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
This series is the live action realization of the kind of Star Wars I loved when I was in middle school reading stuff like the Zahn trilogy and "Tales of the Bounty Hunters." They use vibroblades like they're not even a thing, but they are, because they were forever an awesome weapon concept in the EU canon but never really shown until now. I'm really digging The Mandalorian.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This show is good. Even my gf likes it and she hates children's programming.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Dan Didio posted:

Also, as someone who's only really seen the films and played The Old Republic games, is 'The Great Purge' the event that we see the Mando flashing back to? Or is that a seperate, earlier slaughter that necessitated him becoming a foundling? I don't really know what the canonical implications of it being the battle droids that did it is.

The flashback is him being orphaned (presumably) during the Clone Wars when a super battledroid shoots up his village.

The Great Purge (there are a few of them, Order 66 is referred to as the purge by surviving jedi) is presumably the events which happened during and after Star Wars Rebels, when half the mandos were in support of the empire and used as supercommandos and the other half were against it, but then later on the empire killed a whole lot with a special weapon which melted beskar, built unwittingly by a mandalorian.

Here is the canon Mandalorian history upto just before the final season of Rebels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woT-x2tyn4Y

Also, here's a lovely photoshop I did:

Mando! You son of a bitch!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

drunkill posted:

The flashback is him being orphaned (presumably) during the Clone Wars when a super battledroid shoots up his village.

The Great Purge (there are a few of them, Order 66 is referred to as the purge by surviving jedi) is presumably the events which happened during and after Star Wars Rebels, when half the mandos were in support of the empire and used as supercommandos and the other half were against it, but then later on the empire killed a whole lot with a special weapon which melted beskar, built unwittingly by a mandalorian.

Ah, okay, I figured they were seperate, but wasn't sure.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Also, the big Mandalorian with the minigun in this episode was named Vizsla and voiced by Jon Favreau, which probably makes him a relative of the leader of the Death Watch from the Clone Wars, implying that the group of Mandalorians we see in the show were not the good guys in the Mandalorian civil wars depicted so far.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hope they make this into a AAA sad dad game, it's ripe.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Show rules.

Greef revealing that the beskar he stashed in his pocket saved his rear end was pure spaghetti western poo poo and I love it.

minigun mando briefly forming up on TMs ship to salute him was the most cornball poo poo ever and I adore it all the same

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Did Baby grow some grey hair after that display?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I was expecting a little help from the kid but the alternative was way cooler.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Holy hell, this episode was fun!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Jose Oquendo posted:

I was expecting a little help from the kid but the alternative was way cooler.

Same until the rocket. Then I was yelling at my TV in joy.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

with the reveal that literally everyone was gunning for the asset, it's funny to imagine Greef playing coy with every single bounty hunter in the guild local but ultimately giving them the yoda job, and the client giving the "he said you were the best" speech to every tom dick and greedo with a guild liscence in the parsec.

i imagine it was a nice change of pace to break script a little to ad-lib the bit about the beskar belonging with a mando after giving the same speil 30 times. Or maybe he had culturally significant payment tailored for everyone? "Ah yes the last of the trees that used to grow on coruscant in ages lost, the wood is priceless to homo sapiens..."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

A subtle bit of visual world building I like is how half the grimy stormtroopers are armed with pistols instead of the usual carbines. It implies they are devolved from soldiers to petty thugs, equipped more cheaply for brute murder instead of warfare.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Show rules.

Greef revealing that the beskar he stashed in his pocket saved his rear end was pure spaghetti western poo poo and I love it.

I definitely read that scene as the Mandalorian purposefully shooting Greef in the beskar ingot to avoid killing him, because he knew it was there and knew it was blaster proof. but I might be off on that one.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
That three-act story with the throttle knob :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Skin strong as Beskar
Heart soft as a Mudhorn egg