Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Tumble posted:

I guess the metal Mando's armor is made out of is super-rare, exotic stuff, and probably got some nifty properties like being able to protect against just about everything the universe can through at him. Basically the metal is like Valyrian steel from Game of Thrones or something.

At least that's what it seems to be from what I can gleam from just this episode.

Also I believe I heard the blacksmith mention that the money made from selling off the excess metal was enough to meaningfully support the entire clan. So it's also space gold.

Also why are we spoilering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I remember something about Mandos using Vibro-blades that cause enormous amounts of damage so I'm assuming it's one of those, or maybe it has a fast-acting neurotoxin or something on it?

Or maybe he just correctly-deduced where to stab the ram-like beast

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

"Whew. Good thing they keep their brains on the left side of their necks."

See, I thought he stabbed a pulmonary artery or something of that manner, but on reflection, there was suspiciously little blood for such a stab.

But then again, Disney censors, etc.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

But these ones have red eyes (and, less to the point, wear grey cloaks) so they might be some sort of offset race from "Tatooine Jawas"

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Gonz posted:

The conversation that Herzog and Pershing were having about the “he” who hired them to do the job leads me to craft a theory about the “he” being Paul Saltines needing Baby Yoda’s midichlorians to recover from Death Star II..

Eh, Giancarlo Esposito plays a big Imperial baddie in this and we haven't seen him yet. I bet he's the "he".

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Robotnik Nudes posted:

No there’s gonna be a 7 foot tall absolutely yoked baby Yoda

finally this ancient meme will become reality

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/acarboni/status/1201981921758040064

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

We hear two sounds during that bit:

#1 - Jingle-jangle spurs

#2 - A static-y radar noise

We've only heard #2 in two places; Echo Base on Hoth, and here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93DzOXD_91o&t=102s

It's either Boba or Filoni's intentionally taking the audience for a ride

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Nothing has topped SOOKA

I have spoken

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

One day I'm gonna invent a good faith/bad faith Internet criticism detector and be richer than Bezos

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/kylosyth/status/1206388910244466689
oscar isaac is excommunicado

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I feel like I'm setting unrealistic expectations for the next episode hoping for IG-11 to drop a "I have spoken" at some point

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

So what is going to be the cute merchandising hook for the Obi-Wan show?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

So we never did find out who walked up to Ming-Na's corpse. That's a weird thread to leave dangling.

On the flipside, it's going to be a hype moment when that bit comes up again in the recap roll

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Owlbear Camus posted:

They are very easy to oversell.

I recommend going in with a curated watchlist of the better eps, especially for TCW.

But also make room for some of the "bad" eps like A Sunny Day in the Void because they're just so weird

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

The story board or concept art in the credits each episode is by far my favorite thing ever. The art is amazing

I truly hope it becomes the standard for the "prestige" Star Wars shows like this and the Obi-Wan series

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

5 calamari squid bucks that Teen (or is it Middle-aged?) Yoda is not the main protagonist of whatever this High Republic thing is going to be, but rather a Poochie-like side character that marketing can point to and say "ayyyy it's Star Wars"

A Baby Yoda, if you will

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Is that a Star Destroyer bridge set in the background

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I mean, that album is fantastic, so...

Also, as the internet has been quick to point out; released in 1977.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Disney earnings call going right now, Mando S2 is coming in October.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The circle is complete.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1250408538263949313?s=20

More deets here: https://www.starwars.com/news/disney-gallery-the-mandalorian-announce

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Captain Splendid posted:

Have him introduced at the start and killed in the first five minutes.

The rest of the episode plot is unrelated.

I mean, "just a small role"...

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Filoni breaking down the Duel of the Fates and connecting it to the saga at large in the BTS show today was some legit impressive stuff

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Here's the full clip of that discussion for future reference.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

Where is this

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

"Oh boy! Twenty new posts in the thread about my favourite show!"

Well, here's some news:

https://deadline.com/2020/05/timothy-olyphant-saddles-up-for-mandalorian-season-2-1202936166/

quote:

Deadline has confirmed that Deadwood and Unjustified actor Timothy Olyphant is joining season 2 of Disney+ Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

It isn’t clear if he’ll be playing a new character or a well known one from the extended Star Wars universe.

Olyphant joins a slew of new faces in season 2, which is already in the can, including Rosario Dawson (reportedly Ahsoka Tano), Temuera Morrison (Boba Fett), Katee Sackhoff (Bo-Katan) and Michael Biehn.

The Mandalorian season 2 will return in October.

It's 100% a celebrity-cameo-of-the-week type of deal but I've faith they'll use him well.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Now I want a Mandalorian voiced by Jon Benjamin. Whether it’s full on Bob or Archer or whatever doesn’t matter.

Hell, we got him in Star Trek, Mandalorian can't be too far off

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, if true, this would be one of the extremely rare instances of something coming from the books into actual live action canon (only instance?). Closest other instance would be Thrawn coming from the books into Rebels, but that's only animated. And Coruscant's name coming from the books, though that's just the name of a planet, not a whole character. Though Vanth is a pretty minor, though very cool, character from a side plot in the Aftermath books.

That being said, that also makes it more likely to just be a fan theory on Olyphant's character. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Also Aayla Secura found her way from the comics into AOTC (and by extension, ROTS and TCW) because George liked the character.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

*crosses fingers for Carasynthia Dune backstory novel*

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Owlbear Camus posted:

"they blew up WHAT?"
"The whole PLANET?"
"But that's where I keep all my stuff! RHHGGAHHH!"

An interesting character detail that I only just picked up on was her line about mostly seeing action after Endor, meaning that she only joined the Rebellion near the end of the war, and not right after Alderaan went kablooey like you'd probably think

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Sash! posted:

I assume it was harder to join the Rebellion than heading down to the local recruiter.

I dunno, I'd imagine around Yavin or thereabouts, enough folks would have been raring to go that the Alliance would have actually invested in a proper recruiting drive

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

G-III posted:

So help me god, Season 2 better have an episode involving Wilford Brimley...

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Phylodox posted:

I am sticking by my prediction that Baby Yoda was going to be used to clone an army of Force-sensitive stormtroopers.

I dunno, I like the one where Esposito's character is trying to artificially imbue himself with midichlorians so he can become Sheev 2.0

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Somehow, Gus Fring has returned

And in the end, he actually succeeds and is about to blast ol' Mando out of existence with conjured lightning... but nothing happens because the Living Force ain't having any of that poo poo

OB_Juan posted:

I like all of these. "Number of Mandalorians seen in entire season" will break down into a debate on if The Child counts as a Mando or not (Yes, obviously he does).

He does, but he double does when Din crafts him a little helmet for his little head

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Meanwhile we appear to be stuck in a hell where there continues to be no S2 trailer and cast members continue to be revealed as assholes

https://twitter.com/ginacarano/status/1302486542863065089?s=20
https://twitter.com/ginacarano/status/1302438318232100864?s=20

edit: posting this blue-screened my PC, poo poo is cursed

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 6, 2020

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Cloning is very much a thing in Star Wars. Maul will remain dead until they decide he isn’t.

It took my sleep-addled brain way too long to not read this as "clothing"

Anyway.

Y'all want some S2 promo shots?

All from an EW article what dropped this morning.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/kaermoron/status/1303323801665646592?s=20

Star Wars: The Mandalorian | That's a baby holster

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

More photos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Somebody found a bunch of new S2 images floating around on their D+ app