Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beginning sequence was cringe with the celebrity cameo and the blue character. Got better as it went along though and it left me intrigued at the end.

With the ending I’m assuming the plot will definitely tie into the Jedi some how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m going to laugh if the entire season is the mandolarian doing quests to upgrade his armor like it’s destiny 2

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was a high budget fan film feel to it. I think it was because we simply followed the mando on a pretty simple plot from A to B. It never cut away to a different group of characters or subplots. It was also short.

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also we have pretty much established this is a 30 min per episode show now. Not that that is inherently bad but I think most were expecting an hour per episode.

More video game plotting. (Get egg quest item to repair ship).

All that being said it was a really fun episode. Loved the Jawas, loved baby Yoda. It’s just apparent this is a fun adventure show for kids and not dark gritty Star Wars that the trailer implied. But this is really good fun Star Wars all the same.

Just imagine though in this episode if we had cut back to Werner Herzog and the imperials and got hints of what they are planning. That’s what I mean by a B plot. Something to fill out the episode foreshadow and let us speculate a bit. Also make the show seem bigger.

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I’m guessing herzog is going to make a play at becoming palpatine 2.0 by abusing baby Yoda until he becomes evil. Then using him as Vader 2.0 to conquer the galaxy and unite all imperial warlords.

I wouldn’t be surprised if snoke is name dropped at the end of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He makes a good point. Might be better to wait and just binge all the episodes of you are on the fence with Disney +.

I’m enjoying watching mars needs moms I’m the meantime