Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

FogHelmut posted:

Was that a Droid AT-ST?

I’ve seen some others say the same thing and I don’t get what happened that would make people think there wasn’t a pilot inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Desperado Bones posted:

It's indeed the necklace that he was handing out to Cara Dune while he was dying, the one with the Mandalorian signet. How did Baby Yoda got his hands on it?,:iiam:*

She held him a few times, he must’ve nicked it off her at some point. He does like shiny things after all.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Maybe it’s because everyone’s life is consumed by Coronavirus and/or Animal Crossing right now but I feel like this should be getting a bit more attention...

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1241067564601610245?s=21

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Cartoon Man posted:

My guess is she’ll show up for an episode or two towards the end of the season, then be part of a spin-off, if not have her own.

I am 100% OK with this.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Krailor posted:

What do you think the chances are that we'll also see Sabine but she'll always have her helmet on and won't have any lines this season so there won't be any casting news about her?

If Sabine shows up (and I feel like it’s a given especially with Ahsoka’s casting) I actually hope she has her helmet off and it becomes a source of friction between her and Mando, showing how fractured Mandalorian culture can be.

But really I want to know what will it take to bring Hondo into the show. I need his whimsy.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

This is the watchlist I used.

Show gets good, trust me.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Madurai posted:

I have trouble with any kind of recommended list that includes the movie.

The list itself even suggests skipping it if you want, it’s just there for the significance of Ahsoka meeting Anakin for the first time.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

On the other hand, Star Wars Rebels is consistently good from start to finish and worth watching, no watch list required.

Plus it has another character that, while hasn’t been mentioned as being cast in s2 of The Mandalorian, I fully expect will show up like Ahsoka will sooner or later.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Xealot posted:

And I don't know what the gently caress they were trying to do with Saw Gerrera...he's like a paranoid Che Guevara version of Darth Vader? So, like a cautionary tale about The Revolution Going Too Far? But he doesn't really do anything or provide any particular complication, so the whole plotline is a confusing and unnecessary weight around the story.

That was my biggest criticism the first time I saw the movie; everything with his character felt disjointed and I wasn't sure who he was even supposed to be.

Of course after I finished with Rebels I went back and rewatched Rogue One and suddenly it made a lot more sense. Still a bit disjointed which I chalk up to last-minute reshoots but I had a much better understanding of where Saw was coming from.

Disney would never allow it in a million years, but I'm dying to see how the original cut of the movie went.

Dingleberry2 posted:

S2 theory with Rebels related spoilers.

Ahsoka and Sabine left to find their friend Ezra, instead they found something even stronger, true love. :swoon:

:hmmyes:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

BizarroAzrael posted:

That in the documentary? That sounds impossible so keen to see that.

I wonder if there is some ISB protocol regarding taking weapons from massacred cultures, Kallus did it in Rebels (although it was later retconed to being given to him in order to face turn him

There are a few shots in the first documentary episode where you see Giancarlo Esposito just chilling holding a boss rear end dark saber like it’s nbd.

I’m sure an upcoming episode on the show’s special effects will dive more into it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Oh hell yeah. I’m more excited by this than Boba Fett.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

FogHelmut posted:

Honestly thought she was older than 40.

Good lord she’s only a few months older than me :corsair:

It’s possible she only appears in flashbacks. I’d figure her character would be early 50s by the time Mandalorian takes place.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

jivjov posted:

Goddamn today's episode of the Mando Gallery is incredible. The Volume is a literal game changer for media production

e: there's stuff in there that I would have sworn was a physical set that turns out, nope, they filmed it in The Volume

That was absolutely wild what they were able to accomplish. I was wondering to myself how they could’ve from a logistics perspective already be done shooting season 2 and whelp, there it is.

Also I :cawg: when Carl Weathers yet again brought up the lava tunnel. I finally get why he was so excited by it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Everyone posted:

I kind of doubt that Darth Maul will show up for Season 2 of The Mandalorian, mostly because Obi-Wan killed his rear end in a two-second lightsaber duel in Star Wars: Rebels which likely took place a good 7-10 years before RotJ.

So anti-climatic, which I think is what made it so good. Rebels is really good Star Wars, space whales and all.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

teagone posted:

The thread title makes me smile.

It's more fun if you read it in Carl Weathers' voice.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

OldSenileGuy posted:

There's no way that's Ashoka, and I initially dismissed the possibility of it being Sabine but then I realized I was confusing Sabine and Hera and so I guess it could be Sabine. She doesn't really give a Sabine vibe, though.

Would they really do a misstep as big as whitewashing Sabine’s casting?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Oh and that link also says Rosario Dawson is confirmed along with Timothy Olyphant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Rob Rockley posted:

Yup, I am willing to give S2 a good shot cause S1 was great, but all the talk of the cartoons I never watched and probably never will gives me pause. I hope they integrate that stuff in a way that is subtle and good, but the potential of a flood of (old) OCs to be suddenly introduced is a complication here. Lots of times you can tell a show or an episode is really made for a specific type of fan. The fact S1 was good and they are working with material they’ve done before with said characters gives me some hope.

e: I’m thinking of the very end of Solo where Maul shows up and just lol, like I was vaguely aware that in the cartoons or whatever he shows up again, but it is still pretty funny and confusing that oh yeah, the guy from Ep 1 who got bisected is... what does this mean? That was a not-great insertion of EU concepts.

For what its worth, I watched Rebels and a curated list of Clones War episodes between seasons 1 and 2 of the Mandalorian because I needed my Filoniverse fix and I gotta say, they're both really quite good. You might not have time to binge it all before the S2 premiere, but I heartily recommend exploring both shows when you have the time.