Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

just another posted:

Whoever called it a latter day Xena/Hercules nailed it on the head.

It's a Xena, Star Wars, Stargate, spaghetti western hybrid with a main character who sets his phaser to "obliterate" yet isn't a psychopath. There is much to enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

So hows the show doing so far or whats the consensus in this thread? I haven't kept up with it after episode 2. Just sort of fell off

Not everybody likes every episode but every episode has somebody to like it

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Took them this long to figure that instead of Star Wars in episodes of Muppet Babies, they should put Muppet Babies in episodes of Star Wars

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm going to say it was definitely meant to be a piloted walker, but the show intentionally played up the fear of an AT-ST to a primitive village by portraying it as a massive beast instead of just the Star Wars equivalent of an armored car with a 20mm autocannon. It wasn't meant to be ambiguous and was just a very good artistic decision.

Definitely. It was even painted up to look more beastly and given the red night-vision interior running lights to have angry eyes in the dark. It was a manned machine, but doubled as a T-Rex without being an accident.

The licensed Lego set has the driver fwiw

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Owlbear Camus posted:

Honestly a half hour of him sitting in that booth doing Big Camp FMV video game briefing cutscenes with a stream of colorful characters portrayed in delightful cameos would keep me tuning in.

That would make a sweet Disney+ series of shorts

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Yeah and I still think it's funny that when the show premiered, lots of people said the music was nothing to write home about or memorable.

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Sep 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Nanigans posted:

Mando's dialogue sounds like he's explaining his JRPG quest lol

The armorer's dialogue was explaining how level ups and new abilities work, so this checks out.