Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Beef Thief posted:

Well.. that looks like the end of this thread. No more to see here folks so let's pack it up. With those cameras installed that will be the end of it. We definitely don't need to investigate any farther and should consider the matter closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It is now time to settle the age old debate. Beefaroni or beefaghetti?

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A cat burgerler! Like a beef in the night

naem
May 29, 2011

if the person stealing meat is a part owner, aren’t they taking from their own profits?

is beef can resell at a higher price than the restaurant charges customers why not just get into the beef resale business then

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

naem posted:

if the person stealing meat is a part owner, aren’t they taking from their own profits?

is beef can resell at a higher price than the restaurant charges customers why not just get into the beef resale business then

They're stealing directly from the other part owner

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

naem posted:

"Our restaurants pay wholesale prices for the beef we take from them to sell to you for retail prices. With so many opportunities to pass the savings on to you, the customer, is it any wonder Beef Thief Ltd. is the tri-cities area #1 repurveyor of fine beef products for your kitchen and grill. Beef Thief - The Mark of Quality."

naem
May 29, 2011

kazr posted:

the other owner should steal the other half of the beef and just make it a vegetarian restaurant

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

great big cardboard tube posted:

That's not a small amount, literally everyone there except your friend the owner knows all about it and has been complicit, you're trying to plug leaks in the Titanic. Either she fires everyone or loss keeps happening.

Or she goes home one night and all her employees have come in with all the meats for a big beef surprise party

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Kazak posted:

Or she goes home one night and all her employees have come in with all the meats for a big beef surprise party

Mods, please change my username to "big beef surprise party."

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kazr posted:

Not really, depending on which country this takes place in, and province or state, this could be considered equal to dividends. If it's a 50/50 split, his friend doesn't even really have legal grounds to do anything. Her half of the business assuming its an LLC or equivalent could maybe sue him for misappropriation of funds/equity. But don't take my word for it, my business is currently hemorrhaging money.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

im pretty sure you cant just walk off with whatever isn't bolted down unless you're sole proprietor

and even then im not sure, it's just thst the only entity that could even begin to care would be the irs, and only if you don't count the beef takehomes as income

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

im pretty sure you cant just walk off with whatever isn't bolted down unless you're sole proprietor

and even then im not sure, it's just thst the only entity that could even begin to care would be the irs, and only if you don't count the beef takehomes as income

Bolt down the meats.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

also beef takehomes is my drag name do not steal

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Cancer posted:

And one of em better be Fëanor :bahgawd:

:qq: one can hope

So did you and Frodo catch the meat thief? Or is Smaug still on the loose

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
When my sister was a manager at IHOP someone stole a shitton of frozen meat. Nobody really cared since it was an IHOP and whoever stole that weird IHOP meat deserved it.

cnut
May 3, 2016

empty sea posted:

When my sister was a manager at IHOP someone stole a shitton of frozen meat. Nobody really cared since it was an IHOP and whoever stole that weird IHOP meat deserved it.

They're probably dead now or at least not feeling very good.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:qq: one can hope

So did you and Frodo catch the meat thief? Or is Smaug still on the loose

The thief would obviously be Bilbo and the restaurant owner Smaug.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Is it only beef or are they stealing fish too ? It could be a case where you could get help from Sea Patrol !

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i vote that the two parties be called bella and edward

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Poison the meat, kill the thief.

It was the first idea to come up in this thread, and I gotta say...

I LOVE it!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

OMGVBFLOL posted:

But if their names aren't adversarial how do we know who to root for?

Name them Hitler and Stalin and see where the thread takes us.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

So, OP, where's the beef?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Grevling posted:

:hmmyes:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

:hmmno:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

BigBadSteve posted:

So, OP, where's the beef?

I got it right here you fat tittitied mf'er

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
True story, I found a 'where's the beef' tee shirt at a thrift store. I bought it. You all must think I'm rad now.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Beef Thief posted:

True story, I found a 'where's the beef' tee shirt at a thrift store. I bought it. You all must think I'm rad now.

how much beef could a beef thief queef if a beef thief could queef beef

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like that TPB where jrock is stealing the meat from the market, that is some greasy poo poo

cnut
May 3, 2016

Nooner posted:

I like that TPB where jrock is stealing the meat from the market, that is some greasy poo poo

noam sayin

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
OP has your friend tried being an adult and confronting her ex, like a normal person would?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

anyone not rooting for the beef thief is a cop

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

phasmid posted:

But if their names aren't adversarial how do we know who to root for?

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

anyone not rooting for the beef thief is a cop

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
BEEF RAPP

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
OP walks into deep-freeze only to find BEEF THIEF!!! OP screams, "Stop right there you slimy gently caress face!" The Beef Thief turns for a moment and makes fleeting eye contact with OP. He removes a capsule from his belt and throws it toward the ground. Suddenly a plume of colored smoke fills the walk-in. OP scrambles but it's no use, Beef Thief is long gone.

"I'll get you Beef Thief. I'LL GET YOU!!!!!!"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Literally A Person posted:

OP walks into deep-freeze only to find BEEF THIEF!!! OP screams, "Stop right there you slimy gently caress face!" The Beef Thief turns for a moment and makes fleeting eye contact with OP. He removes a capsule from his belt and throws it toward the ground. Suddenly a plume of colored smoke fills the walk-in. OP scrambles but it's no use, Beef Thief is long gone.

Tales From the Walk In

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Grevling posted:

I always thought of frodo as more of a "beef thief".

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

ice to meat you

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Yeah, this. I have no idea why so many of y'all think stealing thousands of dollars from a business is okay if you own a fraction of the business; I'm no MBA or a judge but that's not how any of that works.

Do it ironically posted:

OP has your friend tried being an adult and confronting her ex, like a normal person would?

Yes, because a cheater slash coke fiend would definitely fess up if you asked, I'm glad someone's here to bring up the obvious solution. Clarification: yes, she asked him and he said no, so we can definitely cross him off the list, thanks

Chopsy fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 19, 2019

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM
UPDATE: Narrowing Down Suspects:

The daily inventories have produced data on when the meat is disappearing!

Facts:
-so far it looks like the days that meats are going missing correlate v strongly with days that Ex Husband is working; they also (slightly less) strongly correlate with days that Suspect #2 is working.

-Suspect 2, an employee of 5 years, is also BFFs with someone who got fired earlier for stealing. Also, according to Owner, he voiced objections at the meeting when Owner called for daily inventories, and repeatedly tried to change the subject away from daily inventories. He doesn't work on Sundays, though, and meat has definitely disappeared on Sunday, among other days. Maybe a collab between Ex Husband and Suspect #2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Gotta plug that meat hole.