Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

I'm in, first year for me

Things I'm interested in:

- USED 7.62x54r dies, seriously they are all over ebay so there's no point in spending new die money imo, non-carbide is fine, cheap is good
- 38 special brass (fired, destined for scrap, whatever, also not picky about that)
- Maybe some beater/cheapo holster for a Colt E/I frame?
- 22/38 cal bronze brushes always nice
- Gun mat for the bench

Not interested in:
- Any NWS stuff particularly on the outside of the box (I have a kid who might watch me open this so use your best judgement)
- Anime

Non-gun:
- I have a sweet tooth, chocolates, hard candy, that kind of thing are all good. I'm weird and like mint flavored sweets.

General categories for people who want to be creative or whatever:
- I've gotten into Colt revolvers the last few years, books on revolvers like working on Colts or just revolver stuff like Elmer Keith or revolvers in the old West or whatever. I own zero books on revolvers.
- My daughter loves rainbows, unicorns, the colors pink and purple, and kitty cats and if part of the gift were hers that'd be cool
- Targets are cool, fun or training or other. I shoot a lot of 22.
- m1/m2 carbine paraphernalia

<Made many edits to this to flesh it out.>

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

HERE IS MY LETTER OF INTENT

IM ILL DO STUFF (preferably with other )

WHAT I AM INTO THESE DAYS
I am doing way more 22LR rimfire and airgun shooting these days.
I am also finding a 9mm laser insert for dry fire practice pretty dang useful for breaking bad habits.
Doing my own Steel Challenge with pellet guns or airsoft pistols is the coolest thing ever in my opinion.
I have two cats and enjoy simple outdoor stuff, with a general overwhelming preference for peace and quiet. I have a tiny garden and a bird feeder.
I like making things and games, or making things into games. This expresses itself in my shooting activities -- I like competing, even if it's just with myself.
Hate having to go back and forth to switch or patch targets when shooting. Ain't no one got time for that! Reactive / resettable is where it's at now if I could just get the club executive to agree with me...

Here's what should give you even more info on what kind of things I'm into:

WHAT DO I WANT
Non-gun related stuff
  • I like trying new foods and drinks and beers. Not a big cider fan, but drink-wise everything else is fair game.
  • Got any locally produced (shelf stable) stuff like meat snacks or similar items? I'm down!
  • Coffee is great stuff (I even roast my own)
  • Tea can be great but I never really dialed in to tea like I did coffee. So if you know your teas, I'd be delighted to try your suggestions.
  • Chocolate general preference: Milk first, then Dark (I even like White better than real dark white isn't technically chocolate, yeah yeah )
  • Dumb (or even not dumb) art stuff to brighten up the workshop is cool.
  • If there is such a thing as a bird feeder that birds / squirrels can't make a mess out of, I'm interested! I swear 70% of the seeds end up in my gravel

Gun related stuff
  • Handy things related to 22LR, .177 pellets, or targets are always welcome
  • Diablo Basic .177 Pellets are a good workhorse I will never not need more of
  • I could always use more SIG MPX/MCX .177 30rd air rifle magazines (for their CO2 rifle)
  • I sure wouldn't say no to a Savage 64-compatible 22LR magazine
  • I always seem to not quite have what I need for .22 bore brushes, jags, and rods. I have poor interchangeability between the poo poo I have, so this part of things is a mess for me.
  • I ran out of CLP so more would be cool (as long as it doesn't explode in the box or anything)
  • An adjustable torque wrench would be sweet but I think they're probably more expensive than appropriate -- don't know much about this.

Workshop type stuff
I work on small things in general. I am pretty well set with tools I want and need but there are a few things I'd be into:
  • Small sanding/smoothing tools or gadgets like sanding sticks.
  • In general lately I'm working with small plastic parts (3D printed) and have a need to touch up or modify surfaces and junk (sanding down support marks, etc.) I get by but don't have particularly great solutions for this kind of work.
  • I could use a vaguely-decent pair of scissors, like AmazonBasics quality. This sounds simple but I have a small pair that always does the job (kinda) and I just never seem to get around to getting a moderately decent pair...

WHAT DO I NOT WANT
  • I think of myself as generally having what I need shooting equipment-wise (I don't need any PPE or general range equipment etc) but I'm always interested in things that match my interests anyway.
  • Don't do any reloading these days, so none of that
  • Don't smoke
  • My ears don't really work any more so don't bother with music, etc.
  • I do a lot of 3D printing but I have everything I need on that front.
  • Outside of box should be SFW (but inside all bets are off if you're so inclined)

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 22, 2019

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

I want in. Will edit in prefs in the next day or two.

Zebrablade - Did you ever use that thermite?

EDIT:

Here's a few ideas, it totals well over $50 but just pick and choose whatever seems interesting!

WHAT I AM INTO THESE DAYS
- I've been playing a lot of board games lately, and 3d printing random doodads to make them more fun
- I climb and do some small metal work (silver smithing) as my main hobbies, but I am pretty set on gear for both.
- I hunt as well, mostly just deer although I like to think I also hunt turkey, but I'm pretty set for gear there too.

WHAT DO I WANT

Gun Stuff
- I've had a million pistol mags with me on recent range trips, and could definitely use one of those 10 mag velcro closure pouches to keep things organized.
- I could use a pistol rack for a safe shelf that will hold 3 or 4 pistols, maybe one of those minimalist wireframe ones?
- Some shoot-N-C targets so I can see wtf I'm hitting with a 22 at range.
- Another mag for my new gen 4 glock 40, can never have too many.
-- May add more

Other stuff
- If you make stuff as a hobby, I like hand made stuff.
- I've been 3d printing a lot lately, and could always use more 1.75mm PLA filament
- I could use an under-seat bag for a bicycle, to keep a multi-tool and patch kit in.
- I enjoy whiskey and beer (all sorts of both), and would smoke a cigar if one showed up.
-- May add more

WHAT DO I NOT WANT
A conspicuous shipping box - seriously please keep that thing just normal looking on the outside.
Candy. I just don't really eat much of it.

armorer fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 22, 2019

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

I think this is step 8

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Shaocaholica posted:

I think this is step 8

Should be step 1

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

armorer posted:

I want in. Will edit in prefs in the next day or two.

Zebrablade - Did you ever use that thermite?

I DID!!!!!!!!! Oh I very very very much did.

I did not take any video or photos because the sheriffs department and fire department told me not to because no one was totally sure the legality and insurance implications.......

I got to burn a loving house down using it!!! Like a huge 3 story 100 year old farmhouse.

tl;dr I live rural, like hillbilly rural. Our fire crew is all volunteer, also all are my very good friends and drinking buddies. Someone bought a bunch of land south of town, and wanted an existing condemned house removed, the FD thought this would be a great training opportunity for them and the out of county Fire Marshall to practice investigating an arson scene. Well they all instantly knew a guy that could set an unusual fire to this house be it gun powder, reloading components, or otherwise....

So I thermited a house from the attic, it went up FAST, fire crew let it burn to foundation before putting it out, Fire Marshall took about 2 hours to figure out 3 clay pots filled with molten iron caused the fire.

Was a great night, thanks again!!!

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

Super stoked to do this again after a lot of good experiences.

WHAT DO I WANT
Hunting Stuff (this list is in order of usefullness and most of this stuff can be found cheaper, I just went for easy links
Archery Stuff
Gun Stuff
    Honestly I do not shoot that much anymore but I wouldnít mind cool poo poo for the following guns:
    SR1911 10mm
    HK VP9
    Stripped Gen3 G17 frame
    S&W 17-1

Knife Stuff
  • 400 grit whetstone (could use something a little rougher than my 800/4000 stones)

WHAT DO I NOT WANT
  • Booze - I stopped drinking a million years ago
  • Tobacco - It would be a waste since I only smoke one cigar a year on average
  • Anything wildly inappropriate that I donít want my toddler accidentally seeing

Ophidian fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 20, 2019

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Trying to fill out the form from the email and it says that only numbers are acceptable for the zip/postal code field. Canadian postal codes are alphanumeric

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Fearless posted:

Trying to fill out the form from the email and it says that only numbers are acceptable for the zip/postal code field. Canadian postal codes are alphanumeric

Racist santa

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Fearless posted:

fixed! I didnt catch google forms threw in a rule I didn't catch. also i hope im doing a good job and not annoying job so far guys. <3

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 19, 2019

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Worst so far.

Edit: I mean on second thought, are Canadians really people? Maybe numeric zipcodes is best.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

mischief posted:

Worst so far.
you know it bb

quote:

I mean on second thought, are Canadians really people? Maybe numeric zipcodes is best.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Miso Beno posted:

fixed! I didnt catch google forms threw in a rule I didn't catch. also i hope im doing a good job and not annoying job so far guys. <3

You're doing a wonderful job, and thank you for taking this all on.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Canadians aren't actually people, be they Quebecois or the slightly more disgusting Don Cherry normal Hockey snow mexicans

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 19, 2019

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

ZebraBlade posted:

I did not take any video or photos because the sheriffs department and fire department told me not to because no one was totally sure the legality and insurance implications.......

I got to burn a loving house down using it!!! Like a huge 3 story 100 year old farmhouse.

tl;dr I live rural, like hillbilly rural. Our fire crew is all volunteer, also all are my very good friends and drinking buddies. Someone bought a bunch of land south of town, and wanted an existing condemned house removed, the FD thought this would be a great training opportunity for them and the out of county Fire Marshall to practice investigating an arson scene. Well they all instantly knew a guy that could set an unusual fire to this house be it gun powder, reloading components, or otherwise....

So I thermited a house from the attic, it went up FAST, fire crew let it burn to foundation before putting it out, Fire Marshall took about 2 hours to figure out 3 clay pots filled with molten iron caused the fire.

so moral of the story... next time use an "exotic" thermite that doesn't leave iron behind

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

ZebraBlade posted:

Holy poo poo this was better than my wildest imaginings. I'm kind of surprised it was enough, but at the same time I'm not really, that poo poo will catch pretty much anything on fire.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

The junk I ordered from inside the US is starting to arrive. Soon... stuff from elsewhere. This dumbass probably illegally powerful green laser I ordered with that junk, though, this is mine, not yours.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

You'll burn your eye out, kid!

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Miso Beno posted:

[*]NO Bees,

I feel personally singled out here.

Photo taken by an awesome Ralphie

Consider this an in until I have time to properly fill out forms.

Edit: Heres my list.

I spend a lot of time outside and driving a truck around for work. Currently setting up a new travel backpack so good flashlights, wera tool kits, neat gadgets, velcro backpack organizers, and patches are all on my wish list.

I mostly shoot AR15s and 9mm handguns, but am pretty well kitted out with gear for them.

I could use a collapsible cleaning rod, broken shell extractor, and other field repair tools. Anything that would be helpful to keep your guns running in the field.

Outside of guns my hobbies are growing plants and adventuring with 2 dogs. I try to lead a relatively minimalist life so gimmicks are cool but I dont want to much junk. Interesting state or city specific things are super cool. I love the state flag my last santa sent over.

Atticus_1354 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 25, 2019

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Atticus_1354 posted:

I feel personally singled out here.

Photo taken by an awesome Ralphie

Consider this an in until I have time to properly fill out forms.

WHY DO YOU THINK THATS A RULE?

Fhistleb
Dec 31, 2008

Tell me more about your sandwiches.

I'll give this a go.

I own a lot of 9mm stuff
.45 pistola
and two 5.56 rifles

I'm also a gamer who likes shooters and spooky poo poo

So like.. Send spooky poo poo

Yeehaw that poo poo!

i'll probably add more later

WHAT ARE YOU INTO THESE DAYS FHISTLEB???

I'm working on getting some low to mid range shooting down via my G19 and Scorpion
I just recently got a Sig P220 and still need to properly break it in.
I'm into gaming (PC, PS4, Switch, PS1/2/3) and i'm into most anything especially hilariously lovely games
I also watch anime (Cowboy bebop is the more well known that I watch)
I have two cats, one is a goblin the other is a saint
I'm into butts, nude butts

I'm a stupid loser who lives in California though... so that keeps me from really having fun.

WHAT DO I WANT
Category 1 Of Stuff I'm Into
  • For my gen 3 G19, something fun to add to it
  • A goblin suit for my tuxedo cat
  • Sig P220 stuff
  • More magazines for more funs

WHAT DO I NOT WANT
  • I'm going to regret this... but nothing is off the list (Just don't be smelly)
  • Or bees

Edit: fixed my list to look prettier.

Fhistleb fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 22, 2019

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Miso Beno posted:

also, you should totes participate. I bet you could get a pretty cheap mail box from the UPS store for a month.

Whoops, just saw this. Nah, that's not the issue, heck I'm pretty sure there are a handful of goons that already have my address just from sending/receiving other stuff. I'm just a weirdo about receiving gifts, I don't really need anything and I'm notoriously difficult to buy for, that said I enjoy buying other people stuff so if there's a deadbeat Santa let me know. I don't think we had any last year so hopefully this year is the same.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Whoops, just saw this. Nah, that's not the issue, heck I'm pretty sure there are a handful of goons that already have my address just from sending/receiving other stuff. I'm just a weirdo about receiving gifts, I don't really need anything and I'm notoriously difficult to buy for, that said I enjoy buying other people stuff so if there's a deadbeat Santa let me know. I don't think we had any last year so hopefully this year is the same.

I get you, I love gift giving, and ain't that big on getting. That said, every year goons have managed to wow me with their badass loot.

Miso Beno posted:

TFR Secret Santa 2019 In Thread Ads

Click 'em for big

Ralphies Showing Off Their Loot
  • - Ralphie Number 1

I'm gonna try to link to each ralphie's reveal in the third OP Post. Also, I tossed in links to all of the crappy ads I put together to promote this year's TFR Secret Santa. I hope ya'll are enjoying my lovely spam posts to left folks know that this is the last week to register registration closes tomorrow at 11:59PM PST.

wheres my beer fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 21, 2019

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

I think your Glocktopus is badass by the way.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Eyes Have It posted:

I think your Glocktopus is badass by the way.

Thanks! I made it in a fit of anxiety because my new job's start date had to get pushed back three times due to weather.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

The Glocktapus is the reason for the season.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Miso Beno posted:

WHY DO YOU THINK THATS A RULE?

I apologize for nothing and will not be bullied in to changing my behavior.

Also I sent an email so hopefully you got it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

You're going to get bees and you're going to like it fucker.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Waffling about doing this, always wanted to but was never in a position to do it. Do I still have tomorrow to sign up?

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Hey I updated my list.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903725&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post500014509

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Finally decided to not be a complete slacker and did the thing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903725&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post499944233

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Target Practice posted:

Waffling about doing this, always wanted to but was never in a position to do it. Do I still have tomorrow to sign up?

You have until 11:59PM PST to get an email to me. I'll give y'all a little time to get the forms done because I'm an old man and go to bed right around then.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Target Practice posted:

Do it.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

today is the last day to email me an entry so don't sit around with your thumb in your bum

Fearless and Atticus, your forms just went out

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Miso Beno posted:

today is the last day to email me an entry so don't sit around with your thumb in your bum

Fearless and Atticus, your forms just went out

Nothing is turning up in my email?

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fearless posted:

Nothing is turning up in my email?

Herp derp, you already completed your form, I just conflated your name with Fhistleb's. This is what happens when I don't let Excel do all of my thinking.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Edit: My stuff!

Hi, Iíve wanted to do this since the the first year but I havenít really been in the position to do it. Well thatís changed!

First off, Iím in California so it should be pretty well known what isnít allowed. Iím working on trying to break into my hobbies, most of which are pretty personal or expensive to start (lapidary, woodturning, etc.) Due to college, Iím finally starting to get back into guns, which I put on hiatus for over a decade. This is kind of stream of consciousness right now, will attempt to structure it later.

Gun Stuff:

I bought my first Glock (a G22), for home defense, but I think Iíd like to try to break into IDPA/IPSC to try and make some friends and grow into my gun a bit. I donít know what all is associated with that. I have (2) magazines and the Glock mag loading tool, and thatís it. Couple things that I could use I guess (USED IS A-OKAY):

- Magazines (remember, 10-rounders only!)
- OWB holster I guess? This seems real personal though.
- Glock armorerís tool/mat. Beats using my leatherman and a paper towel.
- Anything else! Iím super new to Glocks so I have no idea about whatís out there. Mine is pretty much bone stock.

We have some friends who wanted to learn how to shoot, female-bodied with small frames and hands, so I used that as an excuse to buy myself a black Wrangler, which is a drat hoot. Itís perfect except for the grip, which is boring as hell. This will take Single Six grips, but in pricing them out they are kind of pricey. This is very much a luxury item (or if you have a spare set floating around, Iím not picky. Itís gotta be better than the stock plastic. Again used is 100% fine).

Since Iím in CA, my AR, AK, and FAL will be seeing extremely limited range time for the foreseeable future, so while that type of stuff is welcome, you probably canít ship me anything fun anyway. That being said, I have an extra lower sitting around. I donít know how much LPKs are these days.

I have a 10-22 which I love very much, and the only upgrades I have for that are a thumbhole race stock and a Green Mountain barrel.

Oh! Iíve never had a good set of electronic muffs. Iíve used the same ear pro for a decade so Iím due. Iím not up on whatís out there with this either.

Non-Gun Stuff:

The knife-sharpness situation in our house is loving abysmal. We registered for sharpening stuff last year when we got married, and got nothiní (more traditional crowd I guess). I think Spyderco makes a good sharpening system? Not really looking into stones, since I know I donít have the patience to learn how to do it properly.

I realize I've been using the same lovely Chinese bit driver set with garbage bits for like 5 years. A new quality one would own.

I like inexpensive knives. I canít really fathom carrying around a $250 Benchmade like I used to.

My wife and I try to use local art to decorate our house, handmade stuff is always welcome!

I wear t-shirts all the time; Iím essentially an XL. I tend not to wear stuff with profanity or nudity on it.

I play ukulele, so little things like strings, a capo, things like that are neat.

NWS stuff is fine I suppose, see below.

What I Donít Want:

- Sex toys, I mean those will pretty much just get tossed so donít waste your time I guess?
- Anime
- Okay so thatís all I can think of right now.

Target Practice fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 24, 2019

Fhistleb
Dec 31, 2008

Tell me more about your sandwiches.

Miso Beno posted:

Herp derp, you already completed your form, I just conflated your name with Fhistleb's. This is what happens when I don't let Excel do all of my thinking.

I am a beacon of corruption

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Target Practice posted:

Okay, I'll work onnit after work.

Just make sure you get that emale in so i can forward you the forms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Miso Beno posted:

Just make sure you get that emale in so i can forward you the forms.

Email sent! See post above.

Target Practice fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 23, 2019