Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

“Joey’s Take” seems to be that he is a Lunatic

buff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

‘He was always voraciously watching’: Scorsese’s secret life as an obsessive VHS archivist

"The tapes were meticulously labeled, cataloged initially using a library-like card system and later a computer, and filed away for Scorsese’s personal viewing and research."

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
A true buff

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

his movies have some great runtimes too. Killers of the Flower Moon is 206 minutes!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
KOFM was a definite five bagger, and i'll also throw in five insulin syringes

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea 1

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I want to hear Greg’s reason as to why SVHS is inferior to regular VHS.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
He can't hear the difference in audio quality on his single speaker television

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Started thinking about the Pep Boys test footage of Tim just going to town on Mark with a wrench and couldn’t stop laughing.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Well, it is his constitutional right.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
something I love about Gregg's autistic observations about runtimes and movie titles is the implication that the people making the films are doing all of it on purpose

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
they are

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Seriously, it's why there's hundreds of director's cuts to restore hours of footage the studios cut to get a movie to a specific length they think will make crowds happy. And Gregg.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
i'm talking more about stuff like the Academy picking movies based on the first letter of the title

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
all this stuff really just reinforces the hilarious idea that none of them watch any movies. runtime, title, names of the characters and actors... anything they talk about could be found on the back of the box

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
As though Gregg could identify the real, actual broom used in Mrs Doubtfire without having seen the movie. Do you even read over what you're about to post

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ALFbrot posted:

As though Gregg could identify the real, actual broom used in Mrs Doubtfire without having seen the movie. Do you even read over what you're about to post

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if any of you are suggesting gregg doesn't watch the movies i will get the mods in here to clean house. totally unacceptable

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

The very same

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
No doubt in my mind, it's the one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just checked by googling Ms Doubt fire broom and it's definitely the right broom

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It'd be so fitting if Gregg knew an obscure Ma and Pa Kettle prop but completely missed on the Doubtfire broom because he hasn't watched a movie since VHS tapes came out

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

gregg watches the movies, especially Sully

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

As Greg would tell you if he cared to, they changed the broom in post because of a licensing issue, making the piece of movie memorabilia Greg purchased even more valuable

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
True buffs understand color grading. Would you post a picture of Keanu Reeves on the street and then one from The Matrix Reloaded (2003, 138 minutes) and say "who is this green guy??"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

More likely Greg had the real prop safe at home and is to smart to have the real one anywhere in approximately to Tim

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Tim should use the broom to clean up his act

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Gregg doesn't watch the movies? Have we forgotten that Gregg watched 501 movies in 501 days? I'm embarrassed for some of you.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Where's the list then?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man I love the fiasco of the list so much hahaha, as if simply writing down a list of 500 movies would be enough for anyone to call it a world record

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
The public at large is getting into savvy movie-related investments. Here’s an NPR article about some movie props selling for a lot at auctions:

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/28/1241378280/titanic-door-panel-auction-planet-hollywood-props

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol watching this lovely movie called Playback and they've referenced the Roundhay Garden clip (first movie ever made!) multiple times and I keep laughing thinking of on cinemas remake of it

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol watching this lovely movie called Playback and they've referenced the Roundhay Garden clip (first movie ever made!) multiple times and I keep laughing thinking of on cinemas remake of it

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
we're making history, it's the first movie ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The movie taught me he was named Louis le prince because it means lucifer prince of darkness