Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Salt Fish posted:

Rigging it isnt in the spirit of the show imo. They already did the bet between greg and tim about who would win some oscar that led to tim owning the VFA, and that was live during the oscars.

Didn’t Gregg bet that the hobbit would win a retroactive Oscar or something else that clearly wouldn’t happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I was the one that was changing his diapers, feeding him, keeping him alive for a year...

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It was if Mank won best picture.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Salt Fish posted:

Rigging it isnt in the spirit of the show imo. They already did the bet between greg and tim about who would win some oscar that led to tim owning the VFA, and that was live during the oscars.

I think it was extremely clear that Mank would not win best picture

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I never saw it because I don't personally care for movies.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
so is the implication that Gregg took stewardship of Mark, just set him up in his own apartment, and spent all the insurance money on video tapes?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

JAMOOOL posted:

so is the implication that Gregg took stewardship of Mark, just set him up in his own apartment, and spent all the insurance money on video tapes?

yes. also he changed his diapers

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I do more than just the munchkin... "Yeah, it's a cavalcade"

It's amazing watching a piece of OC and realizing in real time that it's a hei-light

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's a video archivist.

He was this guy's nurse for over a year and the Medicaid money helped him pay for both of them to live during that time. We can't hassle him for having a hobby.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

honestly i kind of want more xposed

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
crazy that this show is so good that even a 6 minute "pilot" where a guy just reads poo poo from Wikipedia is deeply hilarious

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

ah drat just found out neil hamburger is performing in town tonight, idk if i'll be able to make it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I finally watched it, and I just want to say that I'm a cynical jaded rear end and nothing ever lives up to the hype for me..... except On Cinema.

What an amazing episode. Toni / Terri Parks is an amazing actor, but Tim also nails being emotionally overwhelmed and locking up in that moment. I could feel it.

Possible upcoming plot spoiler/ more than speculation: I think I read Tim somewhere say that the Trial was an incredible ambitious thing and he wanted to revisit it. If Toni now thinks Tim is guilty, I think we're going to see a re-trial because Toni was drunk on the jury and now thinks he's guilty. She'll probably take the stand against him. It's going to be loving amazing.

This would also tie in with the general absurdist theme of recurrence (I think I'm using that right), sort of like how Tim keeps burning down Gregg's archives or getting drunk and ruining the Oscar specials.

e:
https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1466880087307915268

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 3, 2021

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

finally got around to watching this and my god Tim really is the master of keeping a straight face, so good hahaha, and ive never even seen joe rogan show but, now i can imagine it.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Thought this thread would appreciate my new Christmas present

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

wuggles posted:

Thought this thread would appreciate my new Christmas present

Running time: 91 minutes

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Sierra Madre posted:

I am expecting some last-minute infusion of HEI points (from Tim, most likely) into one show to render all the audience participation irrelevant. It would be funny if Gregg was the one to force his show to win.

kinda guessing that this is what you're seeing right now, Popcorn Shuffle went from last to first

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

JAMOOOL posted:

kinda guessing that this is what you're seeing right now, Popcorn Shuffle went from last to first

Yeah I just saw this, it was neck and neck between rock house and cavalcade this whole time. This is all pretty funny, I like rock house but I'll probably try to hang onto some points for goofy merch or whatever nonsense comes next.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
NO DAMMIT I NEED MORE MARK

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

JAMOOOL posted:

Yeah, and Gregg has shot down the HEI points leaderboards. He's down to about 200k points now

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
/\/\/\:argh: beaten

Didn't gregg use to have over a million hei points? He's down to 234k so he's been busy clicking all week

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I love this little bit of web design:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I love how this continues the meta-narrative omni-media storytelling approach of OCATC, but damnit, I actually want all four Heilots to produce more

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Yall, we can pool our points and beat him! Who is the guy who wrote the script to autovote, i will send you my points if you dump them into mark's show

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Greg is down to 1 point lmao

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

All the markheads trying their best to vote for cavalcade is heartwarming, but there's no beating the raw expertise of mr. movies himself, the popcorn shall prevail.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Tim's HEI point balance is almost exactly the difference in votes between Popcorn Shuffle and Rock House

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'm really excited for tomorrow, lots of things can possibly blow up and of course I'm excited for the set up for Oscer.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Tim's HEI point balance is almost exactly the difference in votes between Popcorn Shuffle and Rock House

Tim would never stoop to influencing the vote himself. Plus, he needs those HEI points for when they replace the doller by the end of 2022

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
where are all the points spent on voting going i wonder? no one on the list has had a huge increase in points

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tim is going to not like the winner and get a shoddy digital forensics team (LaRue) to prove it was rigged.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
A recount scandal would be pretty fun

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lol, people are sending gregg points. he's up to 17k now

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

derp posted:

lol, people are sending gregg points. he's up to 17k now

he's may be stealing them. he did play a computer hacker once on a famous tv show

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I tried to send Greg 5000 points:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

This is so good! You can send max 5000 points per hour. Greg is back down to 7000 points after being at 15,000 just minutes ago.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Has anyone brought up the idea of calling Tim fans Timbos?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

mysterious frankie posted:

Has anyone brought up the idea of calling Tim fans Timbos?

i dont think so

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
omg its within like 10 votes now with mark's show VOTE GUYS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave