Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Franchescanado posted:

How essential are the live Oscar preshows they’ve done?

Essential. I’m also of the mind that they’re the best content associated with On Cinema.

It’s worth watching them all even if you have to break them into chunks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The constant Oh, God! references always get me because that was a movie my Dad loving loved for some reason. I’ve seen Oh, God! like 20 times.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Zas posted:

man this season is kinda heavy

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1200913256958681088?s=21

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Joining me today is my guest Gregg... Turkington

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Good I just got to the Tom Cruise Jr episode where he's crying the whole time while Ayaka tries unsuccessfully to comfort him, and snot is coming out of him like a faucet. And Tim and Gregg are stone faced and completely ignoring it the whole time. How the hell did they manage this?

I have no idea if they specifically tried to find a colicky baby or what but that one makes me generally uncomfortable with how much and how hard the kid is crying the entire time.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Tom Cruise Jr is also Gregg's son in real life

Wait for real? I haven’t seen that anywhere

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Oh my God they killed TCH

My jaw was on the floor the whole episode. Then I watched the Oscar special and saw his "return". This is the darkest thing I have ever non stop laughed at.

I’m getting confused about the two On Cinema threads I’m currently posting in, so I may have said this already but

The moment in that Oscar special right before Tim starts talking about his dead son and goes

“Now - I want to talk about the elephant in the room. It’s been... (barenaked ladies voice) ~IT’S BEEN ~”

is possibly the hardest I’ve ever laughed at anything.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sponges posted:

What’s the other thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2308772&perpage=40&pagenumber=150

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There’s no set schedule. The first 4 seasons came out in pretty rapid succession but it’s been about a year between seasons after that. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Between seasons 10 and 11 there was a live tour and a movie though.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Is that The Trial, or is there another movie

I’m referring to 2019’s Mister America, which is essentially a sequel to the Trial.

The Trial came between seasons 9 and 10.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Detective No. 27 posted:

What month do you expect it to return, based on last year?

Somewhere between summer and fall 2020 at the earliest. Tim & Eric are on a big tour in winter and early spring.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

How much of this is easily available. I've been watching On Cinema's playlist on YouTube so I'm missing Dekker, which I hope to watch later. I couldn't find a watch order listing which Dekkers take place between which episodes so I decided I'd watch those all later. I have seen The Trial pop up in my recommended list so I know that's on YouTube

It’s all readily available either on YouTube or the adult swim app. (And iTunes or whatever for Mister America)

This gives you the correct viewing order and context for everything

https://www.oncinematimeline.com/

Much of the fun from the first three seasons of Decker (which should be on the YouTube playlist) comes from seeing the interplay between it and On Cinema in order so I suggest picking that up. It’s less of an issue with later seasons or Decker which just alternated with seasons of On Cinema.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I keep forgetting tim has a teenage son

He was also either married or engaged to Axiom’s sister at some point? (Julianna)

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

TTBF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQs5IFtq9tM

Something i noticed on the on cinema timeline site is they said Toni was the sole juror in the trial that didn't vote him guilty. I don't recall that being mentioned on the show.

It’s in Mister America when we’re introduced to Toni. She’s the sole juror and did it largely because she thought Tim was an ally in not wanting “those people” in San Bernardino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Casted by