Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I actually had always heard that Revenge of the Sith was the last major VHS release. Interesting to now have that factoid updated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Looking it up, it seems that Revenge of the Sith was actually the first major movie released only on DVD and not VHS (at least in the US).

Can't believe I spent time looking that up... that's the power of Oscar!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

We've known Tim was Q for years!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

sponges posted:

Mark does an impression of the Three Stooges that’s unparalleled. It’s like Larry, Curly and Moe are alive again

It's even better if you sit back, relax, pour yourself some Three Stooges coffee and enjoy the show!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tetramin posted:

I considered myself a Gregg head until he demonstrated such a failure to find Mark. Poor guy is out there somewhere

We speak of the failures of Gregg but where are the successes of LaRue?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Dr. San was persecuted because of the China Connection (vape systems protect from covid).

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Forget the Paypal option, I refuse to pay until they put up a Moneyzap option.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/dionnewarwick/status/1380644116657102850

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Can't believe Tim scored that incredible interview with Mr. Muncher himself! And happy to see that Muncher is so supportive of HEI.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Nice try but we already know that Paul Rug plays Mister Moncher.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

SlipkPIe posted:

lol is that Huckabee in the middle

Huckabee famously bailed on Tim on the 3rd Oscar special, leading to Tim having to do the ending musical number by himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlHpg2pBB6o

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/JarJarmusch/status/1384904506434064388

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Going back a bit, I agree that Mister America and Decker are probably more approachable to newcomers than any random episode of On Cinema. Decker is pretty clear as a cheap 24 parody and Mr. America is at its heart a political/true crime mockumentary. If anything, I think Decker probably has a wider appeal than Tom Goes to the Mayor or Awesome Show.

Yeah, real good read. I didn't know that Justin Gaynor is the one who designed the HEI site. And good to know there might be music videos and ebooks through it.

That reminds me, I never read the Decker ebook.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

Does time slightly warp around Victorville ("4:46 V.F.T")

You missed Gregg's announcement of a new time system based around the VFA. If you need help there's a handy converter here:

https://vfa.expert/victorville-film-time-converter.html

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tim was interviewed on NPR a few years ago and he talked about how he comes up with the distinctive Decker voice:

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/18/780524375/tim-heidecker-the-craziest-day-of-my-career

The whole thing is only 12 minutes long and worth listening to but the bit about the Decker process starts a bit before the 6-minute mark.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I think top Oscar Specials for me are last years, 3rd, and 4th.

I wonder if Kim Delgado from the 3rd special is connected with the Delgado family.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

On one hand tim has several divorces under his belt, on the other hand hes bad enough at reading fine print that he got fleeced by MoneyZap, maybe Toni will get the last laugh

In the very early seasons pre-Ayaka, Tim mentions that he has a son. That seems to have been forgotten in the On Cinema canon but I would love for him to show up someday.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/axiaofficial/status/1386370774643089408

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm onboard for Pe.

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1386373333155909640

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Oh man. Both sites are dead for me. This is killing me.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tato posted:

Also, I'm glad Mark is safe under the stewardship of his brothers. I can't pretend I'm not sad he doesn't want to be part of the VFW, but the man has given us so much already.

Speaking of Mark, looking at his Twitter it seems like he has a genuine love of W.C. Fields and took a lot of inspiration from him when getting into comedy, and the whole bit on On Cinema came out of that.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

nuketulsa posted:

What's hilarious is that my first memory of him was posted on these very forums in like 2005(? may be off on time) when he was going around tricking midwest news stations in to thinking he was a loving yo-yo champion but then talking about his recent divorces and various stupid problems instead.

Yeah, same here. When he showed up on The Office a few years later, it felt really surreal, like the internet was crossing over into reality.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I see it more as Tim being the typical far-right/conspiracy chud, while Gregg is the kind of gatekeeper super-fanboy geek. Though I think it took longer for (real) Gregg to develop that character persona than it did for (real) Tim, who already had it nailed down by the end of the podcast run.

Ultimately, two types of Very Online Person.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

Toni's had a meteoric rise in the OC universe - mr america was less than two years ago. The character has gained a lot of depth in a short time, when I suppose she could have been a one-note player like ax/manuel

That is kind of crazy to think, she's only been around for a year and a half or so. I didn't really like her performance in Mr. America, I felt like she was acting a bit too much, but I think she got more into the tone during the subsequent season.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

robot roll call posted:

thank god la rue is alive and well, unlike a certain film buff's career

Listen, it's not Axiom's fault he looked up the wrong year for Oscer. He'll do better next year.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I think he's a really good actor. The only time I think I've seen him actually mad was when that chud kept calling in and Tim wasn't having any of it. As much as Tim relies on lovely chuddish types as inspiration for his character you can tell he has a deep seated hatred for them and the garbage they stand for.

I know Tim has talked a lot about how much it bothers him that not only seem to think that he's part of the Satanic deep state but that his works have inadvertently helped fuel those kinds of movements. The most recent QAnon Anonymous episode covered the latest QAnon rally in LA from a couple days ago and the person who organized it directly cited the Child Clown skit as what made him realize the child trafficking adrenochrome cabal is real. And I don't mean that he thought it was meant to be a nod to the cabal or whatever but that he thought it was actual footage of Will Ferrell was keeping kids in cages and dressing them up as clowns and hitting them. It's crazy to me that there are people who are simultaneously online 100% of the time and unable to understand fiction.

Almost makes me nostalgic for the first year or so of Office Hours where it was just Sam Hyde supporters calling in to get into fights with Tim, which was weird on its own.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Pigbuster posted:

smh that people are forgetting about Lanoi Arnold, Decker's oldest and closest friend on that island

Welcome to Hawaii, mon!

All the jokes about them confusing Hawaii and Jamaica are some of my favorite little bits from Decker.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Gregg actually hating Lord of the Rings is really funny to me.

That's also really strange that Adult Swim owns Decker. I guess it was a byproduct of Decker actually showing on TV?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

It's only $12 to buy a ticket to rewatch the Oscar special. I feel like Tim isn't asking for too much.

Anyway, I rewatched some of the TV seasons of Decker and I forgot that the entire Decker mythology ends with Decker as president in 2080 having defeated an alien invasion and that Kingston is an alien spy.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

Never seen this one before, can't find it elsewhere

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/decker/decker-cast-reunion

"Oringinal cast reunion" LOL

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/axiaofficial/status/1399507014472986629

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Now that's a Holy Trinity!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I saw him in 2010 when he opened for the Tim and Eric Awesome Tour they were doing before the Chrimbus Special. I didn't know him (either as Neil Hamburger or Gregg) as well as I do now, and I thought he was really funny. Maybe he's different now but he's a lot more acerbic and shocking than he was on, say, the guest hosting he just did on Office Hours.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

JAMOOOL posted:

have been rewatching the entire series recently, Lucky Season 7 has got to be the pinnacle of this show right? The Antman/Fantastic 4 episode, "Empty Bottle" for the first time, Decker vs. Dracula, the "Dr. San Forgiveness Special", the introduction of Axiom, the final episode with Tom Cruise Jr....plus possibly the best intro sequences of the whole series. some of the best poo poo ever made really

100% agree. I was actually just thinking the other day the same thing with almost the exact same list, haha.

It also helps that I was going through a real hard spell for a few months at that point and a genuine highlight of every week was knowing that after work on Friday, I would have 15 minutes of totally laughing my rear end off.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I just watched a short indie documentary, "Love & Saucers", about a guy who believes he's been abducted by aliens, and does paintings of them. It's available free on Tubi:

https://tubitv.com/movies/506506/love-saucers

I bring it up here because it begins with him showing off his collection of thousands of VHS tapes he has in his home, and him describing why he thinks the VHS format is superior.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

JAMOOOL posted:

also wanna shout out how great Seasons 4-6 of Decker are, the "high budget" ones financed by TC Jr.'s death. every single episode is just crammed with jokes and insanely stupid continuity errors. hard to pick a favorite but the one where they show Decker's Oscar winning movie with Manuel playing Kington is especially good. I actually watched all these before I knew about On Cinema, they're twice as funny when you know about the show obviously

The "Global Hoax" episode is top-tier Decker. Probably my favorite Decker thing outside of Port of Call: Hawaii.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I still don't really understand how Decker is apparently the one aspect of On Cinema that Adult Swim still owns. From what I understand (and maybe I am dead wrong) about what Tim said it's not just the seasons that actually aired on Adult Swim but the entire Decker concept/IP.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Apparently David Liebe Hart is trying to raise funds for a lawsuit to prove that Abso Lutely is a front for organized crime and are keeping him in corporate slavery:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hart-2-heart-ministries-freedavid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

Skimming the summary I don't see that it actually involves him at all, but notably the person writing it says that he asked them to stop trying to help multiple times, so it could be a weird fan or something.

I got way too into trying to look into this, and apparently the woman behind this is a QAnon follower who was involved in spreading the idea last summer that Tim & Eric were part of the Satanic pedophile cabal and may be facing jail time for issues involving that and cyber-stalking David Liebe Hart. Which I think may be even weirder than if he was actually behind this.