Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I started watching this because of the thread. I just finished season 1. I've only seen some random Tim & Eric stuff and the first hour of The Trial, which I liked but now I feel like I have to watch all of this first to get the whole story.

The name butchering is definitely the best part, especially "And it stars, surprisingly, Bill Murray as President Oba-" and then Tim mispronouncing Roosevelt in like three different ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I'm watching this in chronological order and I'm about halfway through the first Oscar special right now. They're actually talking about the movies! Well, mostly The Hobbit but still. I watched the most recent one live and I think they might've spent like seven minutes total talking about the show. I wasn't sure if that was their normal thing or if they've just gotten more extravagant over time. It's nice to go back and see their humble beginnings.

Best parts so far: "This is only the second time I've had champagne" and Tim not using any articles when talking about "Oscar"

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I watched The Comedy the other day. It isn't part of the On Cinema universe but it contains both Tim and Gregg, so close enough. Anyway, that was a pretty bleak film. Tim is such a pathetic piece of poo poo in this, although in a much more normal sort of way compared to OC Tim. He sells the occasional moments of vulnerability too, I think he's a legit great actor. Entertainment by the same director and starring Gregg is also a good watch. I feel like I should revisit that one, I thought it was kind of beautiful.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't remember Gregg being in that

He has lunch with Tim and they talk about penises.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/1321955644736303104

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Entertainment is beautiful and incredibly bleak. The desert is always a good setting for these sorts of things, it's totally desolate but also really beautiful to look at.

But yeah, it gets kind of weird, compared to The Comedy anyway. They're both great though, I've been meaning to check out Alverson's most recent movie with Jeff Goldblum as a lobotomist in the 1950s. It's got the clown guy from Entertainment in it too.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

is there any update on the baby situation? is there going to be a Tom Cruise Heidecker III?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

More Joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Gregg's Mortdecai t-shirt...