Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

I was a little confused at the last special, could someone explain when Mark went from being in a second coma after being beaten up at prison to being missing? might've been twitter stuff I missed.

glad to see Toni and the pastor are back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i hope tim reforms dekkar. axiom deserves it after saving everyones lives

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

g-c posted:

hey everyone I just am here to say that I am new to OC@TC but I am really enjoying catching up on things. I cannot believe Tim had the audacity to ruin Gregg's VHS tapes all those years ago at the 1st annual Oscar show. I hope by the time I am up to speed that Tim has replaced the ruined tapes!

tim has made it up to gregg many times over since then

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

thought he looked familiar

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

finally bought my ticket. fingers crossed for a dekkar performance

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

the James Dean reveal and tim's ensuing meltdown is probably my top moment of the series

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

oh. my loving god

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

rosetti the rat

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Decker works perfectly well as a stand-alone show, I'd say the only part that's baffling with zero context is agent kingston's obsession with VHS tapes

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Gregg isn't on the guest list. Does that mean he's finally a co-host?

toni is co-host, well deserved imo

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i just wish tim would be nicer to joe, the one person who truly does not deserve any of his ire

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

joe estevez is the heart and soul of on cinema

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

maybe it'll be muncher

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i think the backstory to that was that the clock in the theater was a minute off, and he couldn't fix it, so in order for movie heads across the globe to tune in properly with the victorville screenings they would have to account for that time difference

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

In the very early seasons pre-Ayaka, Tim mentions that he has a son. That seems to have been forgotten in the On Cinema canon but I would love for him to show up someday.

I think when he mentioned the 14 year old son that one time it was just a cover up because he had been filming Decker over the weekend and he was still keeping that a secret, but it wouldn’t be too out there for Tim if it was true

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

wuggles posted:

Has Gregg ever said swears before?

he has at a couple of times but its real rare

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

that footage from the dress rehearsal is neat. i liked gregg's story about his neighbor's house being attacked by birds

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

yes its a year subscription with promise of two seasons of on cinema. there has been implication that additional content could be provided on the hei network, such as music videos or ebooks, but no guarantee on anything like that

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

toni needs the wine to take the edge off when tim really goes beserk, but she does genuinely like him. she thinks he's a smart business man, because he's a grifter and she's a rube. they also have overlap in their political beliefs, and she seems to be attracted to him for his eagerness to stand up against authority. it makes a lot of sense and she feels like one of the most realistic characters in the show

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

also regarding the prenup, i seem to recall toni's phrasing implied that tim was the one who suggested the prenup in the first place. so i think maybe the implication was that tim wanted a prenup to protect his assets, without realizing that it inadvertently prevented him from offloading his debt onto her.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

manuel and axiom are interesting characters. they remind me a lot of the crew that hung around Joe Exotic, in that they are clearly benefitting from their association with Tim, with him funding their lifestyles, but to some extent the closeness isn't totally fabricated. like, axiom probably didn't have to give tim his hand. and i feel like i remember other instances of them showing some genuine concern for tim, that seemed a bit beyond their typical yes-manning.

it wouldn't shock me to learn that tim has control over their immigration status

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

its absolutely conclusively the real james dean, imo

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

ax is a hero

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

gregg plays a tremendous joker

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/wonderful-on-cinema-oscar-special-marks-historic-debut-for-hei-network-tv-station/

An update: Larue lives!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

here's a funny clip of gregg ragging on alice cooper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrEMi__HEr0 almost as harsh on him as his character is on ax. greggs a cool guy, he used to run an underground punk rock label in the 80s.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

his courtney love bit cracks me the gently caress up

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lol'd at Lots of love!!!!! appearing on the list of injuries

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

this is the correct thing to put

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

that must mean muncher is imminent