Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Franchescanado posted:

How essential are the live Oscar preshows they’ve done?

They’re hilarious and an important part of the storyline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

YouTube comments are obviously lovely, but the ones for On Cinema are kinda funny. Everyone is on board and plays along with the bit. It’s great.

#greghead

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm trying to find the one after Tim was blinded by falling off his motorcycle and is pretending to read the cue cards via offstage direction. In tears just thinking about it.

The Guardians of the Galaxy episode

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I love Greg’s Popcorn Classics. It’s always some mediocre forgotten movie and he just keeps doing it.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

I’m getting confused about the two On Cinema threads I’m currently posting in, so I may have said this already but

What’s the other thread?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The woman Channing Tatum

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Haha

This special is so hilariously awful and awkward. I love it.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Greg’s gonna get laaaiiiddd

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Carbon Monoxide poison

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

lmao wtf happened

Maybe Greg left the car running

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Hope this isn’t the end of On Cinema

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

All these men are killers

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Gajarga posted:

I'm sorry but I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Did the Cesar joker ever actually kill anyone? I thought he'd just wacky knock-out gas folks and tied them up till batman showed up?

Cesar Romero fought in WW2 so he might’ve killed some people

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I have an idea what will be the 40th anniversary movie at the next Oscers

Since he had to go ahead to 1981 for Arthur this year and he's forbidden from doing it next year, Gregg will have to go forward to 1982 and cover Star Trek 2, the one where they go to San Francisco and save the whales

I know it’s a gag but it does annoy me that Greg is so wrong about that.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Dracula Factory posted:

Gregg's refusal to acknowledge the truth about start trek 2 is my favorite running gag. I bust a gut when Tim brought the writer of the movie on as a witness in his trial just to shut Gregg up and even that doesn't work.

There was an earlier episode where Tim just fires Greg over his wrong Star Trek 2 opinion haha

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

(Real Life) Tim doesn’t have much time for nerd culture at all.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

derp posted:

oscar special 7 is the absolute pinnacle of on cinema, holy poo poo. pure gold from the moment gregg drives in the aurthur mobile with that stupid grin on his face, to when that god awful empty bottle remix starts playing while everyone is dying of carbon monoxide poisoning, amazing.

All the Oscar specials are pretty great.

Except the Our Cinema one without Tim. I don’t know if they couldn’t get money that year or it was part of the joke but, man, kinda dull.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I don’t recall. It was a long time ago.

Did I miss something ?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Mark does an impression of the Three Stooges that’s unparalleled. It’s like Larry, Curly and Moe are alive again

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I missed whatever greggs doing

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I loved The Comedy but god drat did it make me feel like poo poo. That is a bleak movie

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Tracking down all the OC stuff is a pain in the rear end.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

I got way too into trying to look into this, and apparently the woman behind this is a QAnon follower who was involved in spreading the idea last summer that Tim & Eric were part of the Satanic pedophile cabal and may be facing jail time for issues involving that and cyber-stalking David Liebe Hart. Which I think may be even weirder than if he was actually behind this.

Yeah, Tim has been a target of these right wing loons for years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

God drat that Bill Maher satire was spot on and cathartic to watch. I used to hate watch that Club Random show and it can’t be emphasized enough bough how much of a boomer Maher is. He whines about cancel culture every. single. episode.