Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh God. I had never heard of this. I randomly saw this thread. I started watching. Funny but slow burn, but the burn is rapidly accelerating, now in the middle of season 3. My brain is melting.

Why is Hayako lying about that tape and how did she get into Gregg's house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Good I just got to the Tom Cruise Jr episode where he's crying the whole time while Ayaka tries unsuccessfully to comfort him, and snot is coming out of him like a faucet. And Tim and Gregg are stone faced and completely ignoring it the whole time. How the hell did they manage this?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ayaka is doing her best to comfort him! I felt bad but they definitely were not doing anything to agitate the child

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh my God they killed TCH

My jaw was on the floor the whole episode. Then I watched the Oscar special and saw his "return". This is the darkest thing I have ever non stop laughed at.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I really should watch the Oscar specials sometime huh

In their big YouTube playlist in addition to the specials in one giant video they have them broken up into the different sketches if you just want to see parts that look interesting

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Gregg really cares about Ayaka. Not in a romantic way, I don't think he's capable of that. But I was shocked towards the end of season 8 while Tim was recovering from burns Gregg asked apropos of nothing what was up with her/how she was doing. He has never asked any personal question before. Even when the baby died he could only talk about the baby as an actor and reference the media it appeared in.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that The Trial, or is there another movie

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blast Fantasto posted:

I’m referring to 2019’s Mister America, which is essentially a sequel to the Trial.

The Trial came between seasons 9 and 10.

How much of this is easily available. I've been watching On Cinema's playlist on YouTube so I'm missing Dekker, which I hope to watch later. I couldn't find a watch order listing which Dekkers take place between which episodes so I decided I'd watch those all later. I have seen The Trial pop up in my recommended list so I know that's on YouTube

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I think the most fascinating thing about Gregg is seeing when he cares about someone or something without it being related to movies. I know when Tim was on his vape spree, Gregg called Axiom to let him know what was going on. He also let Ayaka and TCH stay in his apartment despite how much he hated them interrupting his viewing of Rookie of the Year, starring Gary Busey.

Tim is the most fun to watch, but Gregg is such a deeply-layered mess of a human being.

Gregg is not incapable of Tim-like cruelty either, after what he did to Mark

Edit: I also want to add Joe Estevez deserves a god drat Emmy because every time he's on I'm 100% convinced he has no idea what's going on and thinks all of it is real

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 5, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God just finished season 9. So glad Dr San is dead. Most evil character in the show by far

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Tim slowly figuring out what "overruled" actually means is likely the peak of The Trial.

Oh drat I didn't get that from just watching the highlights

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

From his brother/brother in law

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just watched Season X and it's my favorite so far. Tim's mispronunciation of "Josh Brolin" as "Brams Jolson" is my favorite of the series.

His meltdown in EP 10 is the most intense the show has ever been, more intense than about anything I've ever watched.

And I'm watching the Oscar special now where he has essentially just taken everybody hostage

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I jumped off that bridge I'D HAVE GONE TO HELL!!! WHICH IS WHERE YOUR PIECE OF poo poo SON IS DELGADO

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God, in continuing with the Season X Oscar special, hit the Q conspiracy and now Mark's brother. This poo poo is amazing.

Like my brain is questioning reality and wondering if somehow Tim is going to make Operation Zero Hour happen even though I know that's impossible.

I can't imagine what he's going to say when nothing happens in about 45 minutes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jesus the way Tim destroyed the Victorville Finn service for the fourth time in the last Oscar special was so loving devious

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1226681066624143360?s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1227276693527781382?s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have an idea what will be the 40th anniversary movie at the next Oscers

Since he had to go ahead to 1981 for Arthur this year and he's forbidden from doing it next year, Gregg will have to go forward to 1982 and cover Star Trek 2, the one where they go to San Francisco and save the whales

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gregg is late

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Do you think one of Tim's many products will protect from COVID 19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This looks special

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1238649524203085824?s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So Eric is generally the realm of the grotesque and bizarre, while Tim is the realm of the frighteningly real and small.

It's no wonder they are such a great comedy duo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't remember Gregg being in that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/PaulCPace/status/1243651362660868096?s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did he originally have a pipe in that photo that they removed?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh lord, I unironically just pulled a Gregg and told my friend to watch Vertigo as exposure therapy when he was telling me that his vertigo is coming back. :ughh:

You know another good movie with vertigo is Inception with those rotating hallways from Christopher Nolan

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well because of the pandemic there releasing a lot of old movies in theaters again so I think the hobbit still has a chance

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wonder if the next Oscar Special will be a live divorce.

No way, she's the one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I do wonder how or where the Tim Heidecker character met the Gregg Turkington character before inviting him on his Podcast as a movie buff

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

derp posted:

well i'm doing it anyway and omg their disagreement about startrek 2 goes all the way back to the podcast haha

Where can I find the podcast these days?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/broc_slojkowski/status/1340426653848236037?s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm sensing a kind of theme in this year's marathon
https://vfa.expert/marathon.html

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't know how Gregg and Tim can even be in the same room at the moment, I look forward to the justification

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I would rather pay Gregg to watch the oscar special

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gregg took care of Mark for months and as a result of his care Mark came out of his coma, I don't know in what book that is poor care or some kind of failure. He resurrected him through the power of movies. Mark literally became an Oscar

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

pixaal posted:

need to make it a filming location from a popcorn classic, you can even make it the exact location of a famous prop, or where an actor stood when they said a famous line for further hints if he's taking too long.

Tim would never find it, he has never seen a movie

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wait can we subscribe via Patreon rather than Hei? Cause I'd prefer Patreon I already have all my info in there

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I had a dream and there was a part I think it's from a Tim Heidecker thing but I'm not sure.

There a dude in a lovely lizard costume singing "I'm so saaaaaaaaaad" and the chorus is singing "In so happy, I'm so happy" over that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think people have said that the baby playing Tom Cruise Jr actually is Gregg's kid