Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Tim’s attorney is giving me big Beto vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Are they doing a special? Thought they weren’t cause of the tour

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This is the best news I’ve heard all day

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Chairman Capone posted:

I just realized May 16 was the ten-year anniversary of Check it Out. Really hope we see a season cinco someday, once the good doctor gets out of prison.

Check it Out! scratches a lo-fi comedy horror itch like nothing else. Some of those scenes are terrifying: Brown 2, that one Clam Man bit

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The less known about the T&E(&G) process the better. When I discovered Tom Goes as a sheltered 14 year old I spent a lot of time trying to figure out who these dudes were and what I was watching.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Anyone else tuning in to the Chrimbus watchalong?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

It’s gotta be fuckin Operation Zero Hour for me, that was incredible.

I have bought a year’s sub to HEI Network.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Incoming 1-bagger.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

oh boy oh boy oh boy

I love Gregg because I have a friend who talks about video games the same way Gregg talks about movies. He'll call a series with one game in 1993 the "___" franchise.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I’ve got the oscer fever
Hope you’ve got it too

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

There’s no link to the Gregg show, right, implying he is probably going to crash the HEI stream somehow?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Yeah Tim’s site appears to be getting hammered :(

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This shot of Gregg driving needs to be studied in film class

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ZERO HOUR

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

He is also joining us.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

holy poo poo lmfao

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

this did not disappoint

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Pour me some bubbly

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Hey guys!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Oh nooooo

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

robot roll call posted:

are they deciding the direction of the show with the bet?

I think they are and it’s brilliant

My favorite thing is Gregg and Tim bonding over how they’ve both had their ideas stolen by Hollywood

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

there’s gonna be a new person around lmao

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

apologies to the women

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Gregg’s got a nice shot of the rat

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

the joker on the little tv is killing me

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

what I want to know is who is the Gregghead that is always putting up the stills that appear in the specials

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

AI

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

“We all know that already” lmao

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

incredible

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Has Gregg ever said swears before?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I'm watching this the day after on Hei. Should I watch Gregg or Tim's show first? Do I transition at a certain point?

At about 4:31 VFT Gregg’s movie ends and he comes on and starts talking. Then he’ll start driving, at which place you should switch to HEI at 5:01 VFT.

After that it’s pretty clear when the two streams switch off from each other, until a certain point where HEI becomes the main stream. From then on Gregg’s stream is amusing, but not necessary to watch.

At one point at the end it will be obvious that you should have both the streams on.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

JAMOOOL posted:

yeah kind of felt like Tim & the Pastor making some kind of deal in the afterlife was gonna be a big plot point that they just sorta handwaved away

I feel like they've thrown a lot of balls in the air and it'll be interesting to see which ones they catch.

https://twitter.com/jeddybutcoolnow/status/1386515062354071553?s=20

aw man, the rehearsal is gone. I wanted to see real Tim and real Gregg interact

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Mister Money is as big a disappointment as Mister Movies! I will turn to vfa.expert whenever I need expertise, but only for movies

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

one will be rock house

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ingmar terdman posted:

There's a pretty clear through line in all of the tim (and eric) stuff over the years about men and masculinity and all that sort of thing. And how the pursuit of these toxic male ideals can manifest in weird, sad, dangerous ways. Dads, hunks, blowhards, people caught in the gears of society trying to convince the world they are worthy by convincing themselves. Brule is another stab at this idea - he can be oblivious and petty in the same breath. His body and mind are rotting away from consuming literal poison and grotesque processed foods and presumably television

OC Tim tries on trends and friends and business ideas and ideologies as quickly as he discards them, and he'll do anything to debase himself (and his family/associates) in front of the altar of fame, capitalism, whatever you want to call it. The trump comparison is obvious, but the character is very much david liebe hart as well.

At any rate, I've always assumed that "Tim" and "Gregg" are funhouse mirror versions of aspects of their own personalities. They're both probably drawing on parts of their personalities that they worry about or wrestle with

This is the poo poo I came here for

Also, worth noting (I don’t know what it means) that Awesome Show Tim was doing Trump faces before Trump was doing Trump faces

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

derp posted:

Trump has been a well known and well hated figure since long before he ran for pres.

I’m aware, but I don’t think he was making those dumb faces on tv every day when Awesome Show was on. Was he making those faces on The Apprentice or were his brains not soup yet?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Incredible that they’ve snapped back to the status quo in the most convoluted way possible

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

huh posted:

Is Toni Newman the only mother-like character that Tim has ever had in anything? It's always dads dads dads.

Also, it was hilarious when Tim Newman wanted to play a video game with Matt Newman live but all he had was a controller.

how soon we forget about Doris Pringle Salahari Brule

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

There is also Joy Peters, but the focus in her writing is on being Tom’s lovely wife and not Brendi/a/en’s lovely mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ALFbrot posted:

did you know that Joy Peters is Flo from the Progressive commercials

How didn’t I know that? Omg.