Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I wish I had a son to kick me in the nuts.

Joe Estevez bringing some serious shade to the Oscar special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I think this is all Toni Neuman's fault actually. The show was doing great until she showed up. I was in a hipster coffee shop the other day and overheard some people calling her 'Toni Yoko'!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1230654236934864896

Look out Gregg there's a new buff in town and he's bringing his expertise with him!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I, Butthole posted:

After binge watching to season 7 (including 2 series of Decker and all the Oscar specials in order), I've found myself greeting customers at work with a "hey guys" and I hate myself for it

Same but it doesn't seem to help my Germ-X sales I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help me father Tim!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Do you think one of Tim's many products will protect from COVID 19

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Yeah i think it started as an impression of magical thinking, arrogance and entitlement. Oh, and bad hair.

Donald Trump is just the physical manifestation of all those ideas.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

https://twitter.com/realJeremyOwens/status/1239578041581334529

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I watched Entertainment and was kind of disappointed honestly. I'm not, like, adverse to art house stuff either. It just felt a little too self indulgent.

OT but has anyone here seen Quentin Dupieux's (aka Mr. Oizo) movies? Theyre absurd but dark and still cohesive plot wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb069J3GPz0

Eric Wareheim was in one called Wrong Cops that was crazy, but I prefer Wrong.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

TTBF posted:

I went. It was funny but think about a T&E show where the sketches are four times as long as on the show. Some parts dragged as a result. It was overall good but I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to catch a recorded version. Parts of On Cinema Tim came out at various parts, usually when trying to get the audience or volunteers to do something. At the end they showed the first episode of Beef House.

I went too and had a pretty great time. Dr. Steve was on the tour apparently but didn't come up for the Toronto dates which was disappointing. I bought a 3rd row seat without realizing that it included a VIP Q&A session after the show which was actually awesome. Tim and Eric dropped the act and came across as really cool and down to earth artists. Half the questions were interesting, about their writing process or maybe some question about a specific actor or sketch.

The other half came from what I can only describe as basement dwelling troll-like superfans. These questions/interactions were extremely cringey but Tim and Eric weren't entertaining any of their bullshit and giving out one word answers, which I also really appreciated and was amused by.

All in all, it was awesome and I got an autographed poster at the end!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Tom Nook gave me a free nutritional vaping system!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I know Tiger King is the viral docu-series of the moment, but holy cow if the whole thing doesn't have Tim Heidecker / Neuman vibes.

Narcissistic self aggrandizing, abuse of all the people around you, running for office as a 3rd party, using shell corporations to hide your assets, money making schemes, weddings, mysterious deaths.... I feel like Tim and Gregg have had the inside track on this story for years.

e: oh, and I also forgot to mention vanity TV talk shows and music careers being used to pursue personal grudges. Empty Bottle is a pale reflection of this reality.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 31, 2020

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Data Graham posted:

I hear that. If nothing else has come out of the last few years of public news and my own personal experiences it's that this whole personality archetype of the dunning-krugering, self-promoting, "visionary" Type A Idiot Genius has just been thrown into a kind of klieg-light focus.

People in my own life are like that and I feel like they are literally what are going to be the destruction of the human race

Yeah, I've long thought that amphetamine/stimulant abuse is a necessary but not sufficient factor in this mindset. Something about getting all gakked up over long periods of time causes people to dehumanize everyone but themselves. Obviously this is all anecdotal but I don't think I see the same mental changes in painkiller/downer abusers.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

https://twitter.com/InThierry/status/1244835538135384064

This guy might be the most redeemable person in the documentary.

I'm not defending racism, it's just an exceedingly low bar.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Cognac McCarthy posted:

and the fire destroying thousands of priceless tapes.

This connection also hit me while I was in the shower 45 mins ago. What the everloving gently caress is going on with our diseased zeitgeist

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I think the filmmakers were very deliberately making Trump parallels with his run for governor, plus the lady in Florida has big time Hillary Clinton energy. I've still got two episodes to go but so far the only thing the series is missing is some sort of China Connection.

I've only got 2 episodes left as well, but I'm willing to guess at least one of these animal abusing nutjobs is selling tiger penises to China for medicinal purposes.

e: Probably the yoga sex pest

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

That's a Ten Bagger Friday Night right there

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Golden Bee posted:

Yeah. I don’t know how the guy who seduced straight men into marrying him by getting him hooked on meth was the redeemable guy? The one who kept his workers in dirty trailers and barely paid them?

Tbf I didn't say redeemable, I said he was the most redeemable. The were all monsters.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

https://twitter.com/MrPeytonReed/status/1247186068740304897

A real treat for all you Reedheads and Ant-manheads out there

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I had no idea Mark Proksch was in Better Call Saul and it just immediately colors every scene with him in it to hilarious effect

Same, but the TV show of What We Do In The Shadows. Proksch is hilarious, and his characterization totally bleeds into his On Cinema persona imo.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Detective No. 27 posted:

They aired two episodes yesterday in case you missed episode 2. Colin Robinson spends the whole episode trying to get someone with an Updog joke.

Also a man jerks off his own ghost. It's really a hell of a show.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Ingmar terdman posted:

the first two seasons are perfect as a whole

But Planes and Ron Don Valente are in season 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7p83yufr7Y

"She's like a dang piece of burnt toast!"

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 23, 2020

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I sing Jambalaya in the shower because I like that song and I dont care who knows it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I'm surprised, because when I saw a Tim & Eric q&a aftershow in February, Tim got kind of pissy when someone asked him about animation. I'm paraphrasing but "No we're not going to start doing cartoons. I'm a 44 year old man, I want to do things that entertain me. Cartoons are for children."

A pleasant surprise nonetheless!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

This video is eight minutes fifty seconds long and features some the world's most well known movie experts, doing what they do best. Five bags of popcorn and a tiny Rolling Stone magazine.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 13, 2020

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

https://twitter.com/dcmudie/status/1283466713615474689

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Tom Cruise Jr wanted things that way! He told Tim at the wedding!!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

With tweets like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Today is a sad day for Bondheads

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Chairman Capone posted:

I had a friend who watched Mr. America and thought it was completely real and yelled at me afterwards for being a fan of such a complete monster as "Tim."

You're friends with Gregg?!?!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Flying Zamboni posted:

I also finally got around to watching Mr. America and it's very appropriate viewing right now during the election.

The moment toward the end when Tim drunkenly calls and taunts Rosetti for not being able to convict him is incredibly bleak.

Mister America nails the nihilistic zeitgeist better than Borat 2 imo, which is also very good and similarly dark.

e: I'd actually argue the new Borat is less bleak because it has kind of a happy ending

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

AccountSupervisor posted:

I finally got around to watching An Evening with Tim Heidecker and I cannot stop playing his god awful jokes in my head and giggling like an idiot

"Tell-her-swift" is just so loving hysterically stupid.

This gets me every time I think about it, because Tim's special was recorded in 2017.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCNsx_NyNOU

Are you watching How To with John Wilson? Why not?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdZaoBjr0c8

It's been stuck in my head all week

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

19 o'clock posted:

Is this the year that Hollywood gets it right for once and finally gives The Hobbit the recognition it deserves?

It's too late for Oscer Gold for The Hobbit but I think film buffs everywhere know there's a little thing we like to call a Lifetime Achievement Award coming it's way!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

pixaal posted:

I wish they'd split the channel 5 marathon stream into T&E and On Cinema Streams.

I hadn't watched it in ~6 mos and spent most of Saturday night getting drunk watching a Check it Out! marathon. God bless the whole Channel 5 family.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

https://www.oncinematimeline.com for all your movie recommendations

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

#OurOscars

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

only $599 for 5 bag Personal Responsibility? What a steal!

e:

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Anybody got a Parler account?

No but I'm on Updog