Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Detective No. 27 posted:

gently caress it I'm watching through all of On Cinema again. I guess you could call me an On Cinema-head.

I wish they'd split the channel 5 marathon stream into T&E and On Cinema Streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Another Bill posted:

I hadn't watched it in ~6 mos and spent most of Saturday night getting drunk watching a Check it Out! marathon. God bless the whole Channel 5 family.

It's a good stream, but it's a pretty different mood to want to watch On Cinema vs T&E stuff if the wrong stuff is playing or they switch lanes it can be rather jarring, but when a block lines up it's great.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Greg is really believable as that guy that just sits at home and watches movies all day and has nothing else to talk about because of that. He dives deeper and deeper into movies and fell in love with the warm fuzzy uncertainty, the mystery is gone in the crystal clarity of Betamax, he was successful in ridding the world of it be careful of Gregg he's been trying to do the same with digital there's just a lot more computers out there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Tetramin posted:

Man the last Oscar special was sooo loving good, greggs joker tribute montage, “the joker strikes again!!!”, etc. I hope they find a way to put together a special this year, assuming Oscar himself will need to cancel

This would be the best case if the Oscar's did nothing and Gregg puts on his own Oscars. gently caress where's the patreon this needs to get funded.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

But that's just Mark in a coma spray painted gold

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Tetramin posted:

I really was convinced too, Gregg killing Tim and taking everyone else with would’ve been an incredible ending

Tie it up with a trial that includes Tim as played by a pre-recorded dvd that Gregg transfers to VHS during a recess and destroys the dvd and gets into an argument with the judge that he didn't destroy evidence.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Do these images exist as actual promo art or did their friend have fun with filters for a few hours in photoshop? The Greg one is not just hard to parse, it's not Greg's style. This could be elevated by Greg's just being Greg smiling sheepishly at the camera holding up a VHS tape. It's great overall but I'm immediately drawn in how it has room for improvement.

Even as Kingston he was trying to do the VHS tape thing it still fits and you know it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm sensing a kind of theme in this year's marathon
https://vfa.expert/marathon.html

The broken image for Sully is perfection

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Data Graham posted:

drat, did I miss Mark's Mae West impression?

the websites says the are still looking for Mark. Far worse though with the help of their own website I have found :siren: DVDS :siren: at the VFA you read that right dee vee dee s.

other than that some nice VHS tapes you got there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Tetramin posted:

Obviously those are waiting to be dubbed onto tape and having authentic box art made

Then they should be hidden in the back room or in a drawer or something

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I kinda want to see Greg comment on the news just any actual real news. Not the crazy currenr news any news. I'm convinced he would review it like a movie.

I liked the part where Apple Bee's said they were having half priced apps you can get popcorn as an app and while it's not as good as movie theater popcorn it's still popcorn.

What I didn't like was all the time spent talking about the snow storm, it never came up in the movie complete waste of time.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

If you think about it, nutritional vapes would be perfect for keeping astronauts healthy on a Mars mission.

Just hotbox the cockpit loving over all the instruments but hey, never have to eat again how bout that, drat I could go for some funions and mountain dew suddenly

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It's almost time for the best time of the year, the Oscar Special where I don't actually watch the Oscars just Tim and Gregg gently caress around and vaguely talk about them.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

oh poo poo things about to get real with Gregg offering a competing platform to watch On Cinema? Please let there be rival websites with basically the same content only Tim's is twice the price.

He's just going to plug Tim's site isn't he.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Tato posted:

Gladly signed up for the year, makes more sense than their Patreon ever did. I hope they get enough money to resume the search party for Mark Proksch

Wonder how long Adult Swim will even keep the old content up, I think I have most of it downloaded.

Adult Swim keeps all sorts of random stuff up that is no longer current. As long as they can still sell ads during it why would they take it down? I mean worst case maybe they move it to YouTube.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It was apparently only $0.99 the idea of accounts that used it being under investigation though could mean there's a bit more to it. Anyone here get to use the code while it worked for 99 seconds?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mark needs to do impersonations of Tim and Gregg at an Oscar Special.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Mark playing Tim playing Decker is definitely one of the best bits in the whole show, and probably one of the most opaque. I can't even imagine how inscrutable it must be if you haven't watched the show from the beginning, but presumably there are people who have only seen Decker because it's on TV and don't understand half the premise

I got into On Cinema through Decker being a Tim and Eric Fan, it works as a weird Tim and Eric bit that goes on way too long. It's better with context but it does actually stand alone.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

They should do some movie magic and have mark recreate a famous stooges bit and play all parts.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Trusting Tim with my cc info seems pretty sketchy, he might use it to make vapes

I trust Tim, but I don't trust Tim which one made the website? Someone said they are adding paypal as a payment option, you trust paypal with your creditcard?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ingmar terdman posted:

Im burying the 10 bucks somewhere outside jackson hole and sending the gps coordinates to Laroux via dark web

need to make it a filming location from a popcorn classic, you can even make it the exact location of a famous prop, or where an actor stood when they said a famous line for further hints if he's taking too long.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

g-c posted:

I know im speaking from deep in the past here (sorry guys haha!!) but I just had to post about how ungrateful Gregg seemed to be when receiving the rather gracious gift of a brand new blu-ray player from Tim as well as five companion blu-rays??? To make matters worse, during the gift exchange, Gregg seems to have just shoved OCATC merch into a Walmart bag as a "gift". I dunno, it seems to me that "MISTER MOVIES" should call himself "MISTER UNGRATEFUL". Not a good look, especially for newcomers like me just getting into the universe. Hoping for the best regarding Greggs frankly poo poo attitude

He still has them, still unopened. They were on a shelf in a picture Gregg posted last year.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

g-c posted:

I just have to say... WOW. WOW!

On Cinema at the Cinema presented in VR is a revelation. Hats off to Tim for always successfully pushing the show in bold new directions.

I still haven't watched the VR part, does it work with PSVR in anyway? Or maybe a way to trick it to run on a normal computer.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

This is getting brought up Sunday isn't it? 5:01VFT don't be late

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Is Tom Cruise Jr only allowed to not wear clothing because he got the Ken Doll operation? Why is he allowed to go on TV without clothing?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Is there a goon discord we plan on hanging out on Sunday for this? Or is it going to be live postings and hoping the forums migration went smoothly?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I would prefer it be in this thread, so that ten years from now I can re-read the thread and vicariously re-experience the moment we saw Tim kiss Joe on the lips/Toni aim a gun at Gregg/the return of Mark Proksch/whatever craziness happens in this one. With Discord, all those moments will be lost like tears in the rain.

I only mentioned it because the forum migration is the same day and having a backup if something goes wrong seems logical.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Are we getting another Empty Bottle remix?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ingmar terdman posted:

I love when tim and company end up being a bit ahead of reality

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1384890995674865664

What is Tim and Gregg are the real world and like we're the TV show

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This is just crass. Any real movie buff would know what Gregg meant(sad that he had to clarify) https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1385260822767628292

I am going to argue this is not what Gregg intended, if he did he would never make the mistake of not properly capitalizing the title he wrote Russian roulette not Russian Roulette.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Data Graham posted:

I can't believe Decker is a standalone Adult Swim show. What on earth must that be like if you have no idea.

a regular Tim and Eric show. I watched Decker first. Tried to introduce a friend using on Cinema that is into Tim and Eric and didn't like the first episode but wanted to try out Decker and I think he's up to viewing 37 of Decker without watching more than 2 episodes of on Cinema. It works perfectly fine stand alone, as long as you know Tim and Eric's work and enjoy it it takes that to the next level. (I'm 99% sure Eric has nothing to do with On Cinema, but if you told me he's done some editing I'd believe you).

Like seriously I caught it on Adult Swim, it works as an add for On Cinema because you question a few weird comments from Gregg so you look it up and see that you are in a rabbit hole.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 22, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Where do we watch this one?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

a broken clock is only wrong if you don't make a timezone dedicated to it

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

shutup you spelled it wrong it's klingtin with an l and an i

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Tim loves to put an L there listen close. Which makes sense since is trick to doing the character is to get the que cards blurry and squint at them and try and read it phonetically and don't try and guess what the word is so it likely looks like Klngtn

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

19 o'clock posted:

I’m really hoping to see Tim Newman debut his own crypto or NFT a Dekkar album.

They would never need to fund raise again an empty bottle NFT would probably go for a few mil.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hey guys, I can't wait until we find out more about Gregg Turkington as Muncher. And I couldn't wait so much I had to ask an AI for a sneak peak at just what such a thing might look like. Now remember this is an early AI so things are not perfect but you can see what it might be like

I don't think it quiet knew what Muncher was but we can all image what it might be.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

oh do we have 2 streams to watch? Do I put one on my phone and one on my laptop? Help.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

What time will the streams collide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ingmar terdman posted:

Gregg's on and with no mask

This does seem weird I think he would worry about mask safety, maybe because no one else is near right now.