Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I'm really happy this thread exists because OC is amazing. I am a massive T&E fan and noticed the Trial of Tim Heidecker as a suggested watch on YouTube. I couldn't believe that I had missed out on such a great series. I've just begun watching the actual Decker show and am aghast at how great everything is. When I watched the Oscar Special segment with TCH Jr. being brought back to life my jaw was agape. I couldn't believe how loving insane the tribute was to his (effectively) murdered child.

I appreciate that just about everything pays off in the show in one way or another. Little things like the argument over getting air conditioning in the theater. Sure enough, Gregg acquiesces and the remaining theater episodes have a loud humming AC compressor running in the background.

I could probably start a thread on a guy I know who is a real-life incarnate of Tim's character. Dude was given a bar by his family that he ran into the ground, but not before hosting music and MMA events there, which was a springboard into his simultaneous new careers as an MMA announcer and music producer/promoter/artist. This culminated in a music festival which missed its debut weekend, was pushed to another weekend three months later in a different state, and then finally failed again. Both times failed were for lack of securing permits. You know - a very basic first step to doing something like this. He's now personally on the hook for loads of money because he never setup an LLC or secured insurance. It was a litany of failure all the way down and now I believe he's trying to pivot into motivational speaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Stairmaster posted:

I'm trying to make it through the trial but the shame I'm feeling for tim that he should be feeling is so powerful right now.

When Tim rolls the victim death map onto the festival map I couldn't wince and laugh hard enough at his "We don't wanna show that."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQFZCqQFln8&t=127s

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
gently caress YOU, DELGADO!!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I never noticed they spelled it with an e.

Doesn’t Gregg defend that it’s spelled both ways?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Ingmar terdman posted:

Gonna be hard to not refer to carbon monoxide poisoning as having the oscar fever tbh

:bisonyes:

So I finally watched the special and holy poo poo the show just keeps on giving. The further the series goes the more I recommend it to friends but know that it’ll take a looong time for anyone to be brought up to speed on it.

I’m happy that Tim changed his last name on Twitter, accordingly.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1229871744510496771?s=21

Gregg is clearly at fault. I can’t believe he would try and betray Tim’s generosity in inviting him to his wedding like this.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Data Graham posted:

T-T-T-Toni and Tim, totally plagiarized wedding vows

Gregg alternate account spotted.

This was just a simple coincidence. God spoke to Tim the same way God spoke to Tyler Perry in providing these vows. It's how love works!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I just watched Mister America. It’s great and we definitely have a rat problem.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I just watched it again. How the hell did I not remember naked TCH Jr. fading in over Tim's face for a brief moment as Tim talked about it being good and healthy?

Obviously I was laughing too hard to notice but holy poo poo that just made the whole thing even better.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Data Graham posted:

Axiom is all left I'm afraid

:golfclap:

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Poor Mark...what becoming a criminal drove him to...

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Please watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON4ZLquouHc

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

It was all I could think about. Tim should be proud of himself.

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1321970239047835648?s=21

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Sean Connery is dubbing VHS tapes in heaven now.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Finally, Gregg Turkkington will be tried for his crimes.

:hmmyes:

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

AccountSupervisor posted:

I finally got around to watching An Evening with Tim Heidecker and I cannot stop playing his god awful jokes in my head and giggling like an idiot

"Tell-her-swift" is just so loving hysterically stupid.

big Dan Nainan mixed with nightmarish open-mic comedian. it's so awkward and painful and glorious.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Holy poo poo An Evening with Tim is so good

I recommend you go to your fridge and drink some Coronas before you watch it.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Chairman Capone posted:

Still think season 7 overall, and this episode specifically, was the absolute height of On Cinema.

I remember watching it week by week and whenever Tim would give an update on TCJR in the final few episodes I kept thinking, "They can't seriously be going where I think they're going...." And then they did, and it was even better than I hoped.

Agreed.

Similarly watching Decker: Port of Call Hawaii when Decker bravely waterboards terrorists using an American flag.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah seeing Dr. San whip out that flute was definitely a moment I'll remember lol

They honored TCH Jr. with an endowment for the arts and a premium nutritional vape system.

It was beautiful.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Is this the year that Hollywood gets it right for once and finally gives The Hobbit the recognition it deserves?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Another Bill posted:

It's too late for Oscer Gold for The Hobbit but I think film buffs everywhere know there's a little thing we like to call a Lifetime Achievement Award coming it's way!

A truly Unexpected Journey!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

derp posted:

oscar special 7 is the absolute pinnacle of on cinema, holy poo poo. pure gold from the moment gregg drives in the aurthur mobile with that stupid grin on his face, to when that god awful empty bottle remix starts playing while everyone is dying of carbon monoxide poisoning, amazing.

I just rewatched the painfully overlong and grotesquely edited Joker tribute that Gregg put together. it's so brutal to experience.

what does everyone recommend as a "starter" episode for anyone who might like the show? it's so daunting to recommend to anyone. Eleven seasons (and counting) of OC, the Decker shows, Mr. America, the Trial of Tim Heidecker...

I think my go-to is the Suicide Squad review. Tim's a poo poo-show and was probably the era where I really started getting into the OC

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

gently caress it I'm watching through all of On Cinema again. I guess you could call me an On Cinema-head.

you should dub them onto vhs while you do so.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Gregg is an amazing character. His fascination and fixation is either autism or betraying some extreme trauma that makes him cling to VHS movies. Likely both.

:smith:

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

steinrokkan posted:

He just enjoys movies and being part of the movie buff community.

Well, at least the real movie buffs.

The Academy has dropped the ball too many times for my tastes. Mr. Jackson is waiting!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
You just reminded me of his (and poor Mark’s) battles with the police over selling bootleg copies of A Star is Born.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yeah, Tim is a character who lives in a state of perennial fascination with the kind of guy he thinks he wants to be.

Perfect way to put it.

I think we all know someone like him. Mine was a bartender turned bar manager (by way of a rich uncle buying him a bar) turned concert promoter turned DJ turned motivational speaker turned used car salesman turned insurance salesman.

Each iteration is him listed as CEO of whatever venture he’s working on. Lots of “rise and grind” and “Monday motivation” posts and then just him going to concerts all week to “network”.

No joke the dude I’m talking about even tanked an existing festival that his company took over. It fails because he didn’t get permits and he owes money to EVERYONE now because he didn’t have festival insurance. Even before it failed the days leading up to the event were frantic Facebook posts of “who has a trailer I can borrow?” or “anybody have any generators i can use?”

Typing this out I remember it all happened right after Fyre and while I was watching the trial of Tim Heidecker.

Suddenly he’s broke and burned all of his bridges and the world’s out to get him and it’s a huge conspiracy against him how everything he touches keeps turning to ash.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Nearly choked on dinner hearing Gregg indignantly saying "I would not cast Bill Murray as Osama Bin Laden."

It needed to be said! On the record.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

pixaal posted:

This would be the best case if the Oscar's did nothing and Gregg puts on his own Oscars. gently caress where's the patreon this needs to get funded.

Gregg doesn’t have a great track record regarding his own Oscars...

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Salt Fish posted:

It's supposed to be about movies and understanding them better not showing off how much money your set cost.

:hmmyes:
film buff spotted

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

derp posted:

what a steal

Tim and Toni in the mornings will air every day from 6 am to 12pm so it's totally worth the money

I’m a T3 (that’s slang for Tier-3).

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

You can’t lose!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
https://twitter.com/antoshmj/status/1339713022743388160?s=21

I want it so badly.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

pixaal posted:

Do these images exist as actual promo art or did their friend have fun with filters for a few hours in photoshop? The Greg one is not just hard to parse, it's not Greg's style. This could be elevated by Greg's just being Greg smiling sheepishly at the camera holding up a VHS tape. It's great overall but I'm immediately drawn in how it has room for improvement.

Even as Kingston he was trying to do the VHS tape thing it still fits and you know it.

I love the Kington one! Reminds me of MGS concert art.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
https://twitter.com/oncinemahead/status/1340317820299702272?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

The Joker strikes again!!!!