Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I like to think Joe isn't even acting in On Cinema

lol, same

him waking up and taking other sip of champagne was one of my favorite moments here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgPsYWyZCgc

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

did anyone else think that cake was supposed to fall? Tim was holding it at a pretty crazy angle.

I missed everything from before Gregg came in (stream was down and I had to put kids to bet), definitely gonna have to rewatch it because everything I saw was hilarious. I nearly died at Axiom & Manuel's Al Pacino impressions & the recreation of last year's special with the rat where Tim nearly kills everyone again. lotta fanservice-y jokes but man if any series earned it it's this one - it's crazy how funny I thought this was even though there might not be a single joke that would land if you didn't watch everything prior to this. they definitely don't seem to care much about bringing people up to speed, my wife kept walking in and saying "this makes no sense, what is going on here" and I'm like "uhh it would take me an hour to explain it"

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

idk how long this'll be left up but it looks like they accidentally (??) left a dress rehearsal up

https://www.heinetwork.tv/saturday-test-7/

someone cut out this interesting clip, explaining why Pastor Lewis didn't appear

https://streamable.com/dnjrah

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

yeah kind of felt like Tim & the Pastor making some kind of deal in the afterlife was gonna be a big plot point that they just sorta handwaved away

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

its very strange that out of the 4 or 5 shows I legitimately follow, three of them (On Cinema, Better Call Saul, and What We Do in the Shadows) all contain Mark Proksch

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

haha yeah I think I found out about that through SA as well and didn't even realize until recently it was the same guy. I still think the parts where he demos his "yo-yo tricks" on live TV in front of a baffled local news anchor is one of the funniest things a human being has ever done

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Tato posted:

I can't tell if she's a stone cold sociopath who enjoys needling her giant rage baby husband, or if she's a nice lonely person who is trying to keep a cheery face and remain in denial about what a terrible man she married.
It works either way.

i think the implication is she's dealt with a lot of abuse in her life and is just handling it with alcohol

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

toni needs the wine to take the edge off when tim really goes beserk, but she does genuinely like him. she thinks he's a smart business man, because he's a grifter and she's a rube. they also have overlap in their political beliefs, and she seems to be attracted to him for his eagerness to stand up against authority. it makes a lot of sense and she feels like one of the most realistic characters in the show

makes sense, don't forget that Toni was revealed to be part of a pyramid scene this special

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

okay I'm finally watching the first half hour or so which I missed due to the technical problems and lmaooo it's amazing how on the rails this started out

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Duckula posted:

Seeing Neil Hamburger live was legit the best thing I've ever seen.

The last joke he did was something like "Why did youuuur local fire department not want to put a fire out" "because it was the arcade fire" and I think about it all the time.

tbh I liked his sad sack anti-comedy shtick better than the abrasive Tony Clifton-esque persona he'd later become but I saw him in Milwaukee and it was so goddamn funny. like not even funny in an ironic or postmodern way, the jokes he was telling were amazing

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How many shares of HEI are there? It would be hilarious if 5000 shares is controlling interest.

if there's one thing I've gleaned from the Oscar Special and subsequent developments it's that they wanted to make things as wide open as possible

also I never noticed this until the special but it's crazy how diverse the cast is on this show - nearly every character feels like they're from a different series.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

the live show is great, was dying at the Carrabba's bit

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Rock House was amazing, some real Kroll Show vibes there...it was almost too on-the-nose. Ax & Manuel are incredible, such cool guy energy radiating off them

have been rewatching the entire series recently, Lucky Season 7 has got to be the pinnacle of this show right? The Antman/Fantastic 4 episode, "Empty Bottle" for the first time, Decker vs. Dracula, the "Dr. San Forgiveness Special", the introduction of Axiom, the final episode with Tom Cruise Jr....plus possibly the best intro sequences of the whole series. some of the best poo poo ever made really

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

also wanna shout out how great Seasons 4-6 of Decker are, the "high budget" ones financed by TC Jr.'s death. every single episode is just crammed with jokes and insanely stupid continuity errors. hard to pick a favorite but the one where they show Decker's Oscar winning movie with Manuel playing Kington is especially good. I actually watched all these before I knew about On Cinema, they're twice as funny when you know about the show obviously

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

huh posted:

Also which episode has Manuel playing KIngton?

S5E5: Same Old Glory

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Hei Points trickle down and trickle up

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

derp posted:

amazing episode. i can't wait to find out what bizzare effects that drink will have on tim

yeah that's a major Chekov's gun right now

best moment of this episode was Tim starting off with "I don't know how I can do the show without talking about this" and Gregg replies "Just pretend it's a Bond movie", lmaoooo

also Axiom being demoted to "tambourine player"...I just knew something bad was gonna happen at that party

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

oooh, makes you think

seems obvious Manuel knows something is up

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

the way Tim said "I'll deal with Toni" was pretty loving chilling

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

lol is he gonna be wearing that the entire season

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

I guess if I was more observant I'd have guessed that Toni doing the narration in the intro meant something bad was going to happen to her

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

My guess is that he slept with Toni and Tim and Axiom were blacked out / misremembered

Spoiler because I'm definitely correct.

yea Manuel's half-hearted defense of Axiom in Ep 2 makes me think that there's more to the story here

kinda doubt they're going in that direction with Wendy Kirby (she's 18!) but I can confidently say something bad is gonna happen to her

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

oh Tim's definitely gonna be creepy and possessive towards Wendy but I think it's more because he thinks she's gonna be a bona fide star? idk when Tim hits on someone he's not very subtle about it. also they kind of already did that plot with Ayaka right?

the part that confuses me is that apparently "Rock House" is a real place where they live? and not just a show within the show? idk whatever they're doing I'm glad Manuel is getting so much screentime, idk why but his character always cracks me up. maybe because it's not really a character

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

wuggles posted:

Can someone briefly explain the Pop Secret thing? Is this real? I dropped one of the thousand threads this show is weaving right now

He won a mail-in contest, I think

pretty insane number of story arcs happening right now. from my count it's

Toni in the hospital
Axiom having sex with Toni (allegedly) and converting to Scientology (??)
Gregg winning the Pop Secret contest and making his own Lord of the Rings movie with Joe
Tim's HEI ranch
the HEI points "valuation" and whatever is gonna happen with that
LaRue getting run over by Gregg and also being in the hospital (??)
Tim drinking nothing but those RJ Vaxxblocker shakes and inevitably ending up in the hospital himself
Tim/HEI's mounting debt from buying out the Delgados
Tim & Toni's annulment and second marriage without a prenup
D4 with Wendy Kirby and the inevitable Empty Bottle 4.0
All the pilots mentioned by Tim in the last episode alongside rock house
Will Gregg get to review Bond?

Am I missing anything??? Gonna make one hell of an Oscar Special at least

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

amazing how last week I listed off like 15 open storylines this show has going on and the next episode instead reopened yet another storyline in progress

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

Yeah, from what I remember he only referenced the son and the previous marriage once, and even then it didn't quite fit in. But also makes total sense that Tim is the kind of guy who would hide that kind of stuff, and then come to actually will himself to forget.

tbh it seems like this was one of those early-season weirdness things that they kinda jettisoned because they didn't anticipate Tim getting married twice being the sort of storyline their little movie podcast parody show could do. it was actually pretty weird to see it referenced during one of the recent Oscar specials but who knows maybe they're planning to weave that storyline in as well

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

so I guess this is where the HEI subscription pays off huh

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Absolutely losing it at Gregg staring directly at the camera for all his lines as the Joker

seconded, probably the funniest moment of the season so far for me

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Joe Estevez's willingness to do whatever these guys want him to is probably the most endearing thing about this show

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

Joe Estevez in the Roswell reenactment is especially funny because Martin Sheen was in the 1990s Roswell TV movie. Although not as Mac Brazel (Dwight Yoakam played him there) but as the government coverup guy.

The Roswell TV movie is also funny because I'm pretty sure Stargate SG-1 reused the alien props/puppets from it as the Asgard.

loved that he did the reenactment while also being depicted as "the Deep State" as President Davison

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

second half of this ep was hands down some of the best acting ever on this show. I mean I did notice that Toni was drinking almost every single time she was on screen but drat I didn't think it was gonna blow up quite like this

episode 8 was great as well, amazing how such a nihilistic show can have two legitimately likeable characters in Manuel and Joe

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

This is one of those things that in retrospect was evident since Mr. America, when she was ordering wine with breakfast in the diner. Made me wonder if they planned it from back then or if they've just been developing it over time.

I also wonder if the Dr. San stuff is part of what they originally had planned for the "Seven Minutes in Heaven" concept with Pastor Lewis.

the Oscar Special where they get married/nearly get murdered kinda drives this home, she's incredibly pissed at first about the situation but liquors up in the dressing room and suddenly she's okay

dunno what was originally planned for the Pastor but unfortunately that storyline had to get axed due to Covid reasons. its heavily implied that she and Tim had some kind of relationship while Toni was passed out right?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

so is the implication that Gregg took stewardship of Mark, just set him up in his own apartment, and spent all the insurance money on video tapes?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

crazy that this show is so good that even a 6 minute "pilot" where a guy just reads poo poo from Wikipedia is deeply hilarious

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Sierra Madre posted:

I am expecting some last-minute infusion of HEI points (from Tim, most likely) into one show to render all the audience participation irrelevant. It would be funny if Gregg was the one to force his show to win.

kinda guessing that this is what you're seeing right now, Popcorn Shuffle went from last to first

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

I had to pause the D4 music video twice because I was laughing too hard. Manuel at the end loving killed me. but yeah lmao @ the ending reveal and the implication that Matt Newman successfully manipulated Tim into implanting a feeding tube into his stomach

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

I'm curious if Tim actually popped a couple of benzos before filming that. he was making a lot of uh...unnatural facial expressions there

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

also lmao @ Tim butchering the synopsis & actor names even worse than usual and just plowing right through American Underdog onto West Side Story. I wonder why Gregg didn't stop him?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

this show has kinda taken over my brain, even a reference to "The Fast and the Furious" makes me giggle. both at "he should be called Paul Driver" and Gregg's weird habit of noting that certain actors were from Fast & Furious 9 specifically

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

oh drat that just registered to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

if you haven't seen it this Douggpound video is maybe one of the funniest things on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zyeoeIif68