Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Mr. Amato was wise to keep Gregg around as a foil to the edge that Joey Patron brings to the review game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The guest introduction and the illiteracy reading movies will never get old and at this point is a frission thing

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Joey Patron is a man of God. I hope he influences Hollywood to have an expanded universe for the Bible.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kylie gave Gregg a DVD does she know nothing of the man she's lusting after??

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Gregg has clearly not watched every popcorn classic, which is ridiculous considering they're all classics

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think Tim and Gregg both have seen and remember a lot of movies but that was back in S1. Since then they both let their movie knowledge atrophy because Tim went psychopathic from the tumors and Gregg saw a lot of movies but not all of them and now pretends that he did. Gregg and Tim's knowledge also seem to be weirdly focused into movies from the 60s and lower.

Tim always comes up with some credible knowledge when he corrects Gregg but it's a rare joke they pull from their bag.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The thing is there's no bad movies because they wouldn't make bad movies, Hollywood is only interested in making good movies thus it's okay to tag them all with 5 bags of popcorn and maybe sometimes a little extra ratings too

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BWV posted:

Binged 10+ sessions over the holidays and now I can't stop describing films as "a love letter to the cinema "

Ah man this movie had it all it had action, drama, comedy, suspense, and dance

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
When you get your business started by Mr. Amato you can't lose!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Tony Newman continuing her vindictive attack against T. Amato, maybe at the behest of her whacko therapist?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Gregg being scammed by fake movie props is going to be great

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

robot roll call posted:

was that gregg's first actual 4-bagger? I feel like he usually immediately hedges and adds a bag when he gives something 4

Could it be possible Gregg is slowly assimilating to the 4 star system?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

John Wick of Dogs posted:

G Amato... Aka Gregg Amato from the future, after he has married Kailey Amato and taken her name, then gone back in time to ensure that they meet, while also getting Tim back on track

It would explain his keen sense of business acumen. Gregg always had a nose for that between the mobile VFA and his public domain VHS sales.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Is this the first season they started doing react content thumbnails?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Gregg and Joey P were butting heads at the end of that emergency broadcast. The tension is high on set. Why would Axiom do this to T. Amato?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I like how it seems like he's never writing in the book or that he's past writing on the first page

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Empty Bottle slaps and so does Oscar Fever

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
How is he supposed to do an oscar special if he hasn't watched any of the oscar films

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
T. Amato is worked up over the initial price of these collectibles but if anything they'll appreciate in value, perhaps even double, by being featured in another movie.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I assume Axiom and Manuel, or (more likely) Toni

Toni has been a thorn in the side of this production for too long. She's the worst thing to ever happen to T. Amato and now she's dragging Joey Patron into this mud slinging. Wish she would just stick to the movies.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The total run time of every Harry Potter movie is 19h 41m. They only need to average 4h 19m over the next two films (heard they're being tied into the hobbitverse) to achieve the guiness world record of the first series of movies all with a character's name in every title to reach the vaunted 24h run time.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chakan posted:

It is endlessly funny to me that when he needs to be a hater, Tim will pull out proper knowledge of music theory. It's less of a thing this time, but he still was quick to say that Ride with the Devil sounded like generic pop on the radio. There was an oscar special or something where he ripped into someone for their chord progression.

I love the moments of clarity Tim has where he's competent and smart. It'd be great to see a prequel of On Cinema before Tim's tumors made him insane

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Joey P missing and the Newman family suffers an accident in their home from a home invasion. So many unlucky events follow T. Amato around, his resilience is astounding.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I wish Judge Joe would be a little less even handed and get some conviction. He's slipping dangerously into corrupt territory, might as well have Rosetti the Rat on the panel soon.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Honestly the worst thing Tim did during the trial was getting a false witness to disagree with Gregg on which Star Trek movie was set in San Francisco, which I believe is treason but I am not a lawyer

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Why are we even debating who the shooter is when we could be out there finding him or giving blood to Matt. This is both a righteous cause and will allow them to get back to what matters: the movies.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Holy poo poo...

It's the knock out (knocking on the door), all the blood, sweat, and tears (Matt's blood, Tim's sweat, Gregg's tears at movies being skipped), all the hard work we've been putting in for years (hei ranch)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

JAMOOOL posted:

I know I said this last year too but the actress who plays Toni Newman is so incredibly good, really takes things to the next level

Yeah they kill it with casting on the show. It's not easy to be like you're a handicapped personal investigator and come up with the LaRue character. Same with G.Amato or Kylie or Toni or Joey. Like Joey Patron could have come in and been an obnoxious maga bro but he plays it way better as someone still vaguely into the production value of the show.

I, Butthole posted:

The slow movement from Gregg from straight man to slightly, sadly unhinged, to a psychopath on par with Tim is masterful

Loved the whole saga with him cashing medicare checks and barely taking care of brain dead Mark.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Joe is great in Soultaker

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Salt Fish posted:

I like the juxtaposition of these two different star ratings:

G. Amato uses Joey's system, or rather, Joey uses G. Amato's system.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

derp posted:

jeeeesus christ seeing rip matt then right into ITS THE KNOCKOUT i am being pulled in so many directions already

Going from that straight to AmatoCon.com new website name. Big news all around.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

huh posted:

And for future planning:

I did some dietician classes and what T Amato has come up with here is smarter and more revolutionary than anything I've heard from so called professors

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have three friends that are OnCinemaheads and they all participate in the kayfabe. It's something I wouldn't trade for anything in the world except for VIP tickets to Amato Con.com

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Jubs posted:

I emailed about VFA Jr. and haven't gotten a response yet. Everyday my 6 year old nephew isn't learning about the VFA archival system, is a day he will be bullied.

Dangerous, Deranged Greggheads: VFA Jr. would be great for my child

Noble, Patriotic Timheads: Child abuse with what we now know about optimal lithium transfers

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

John Wick of Dogs posted:

No wonder G. is ready to drop Tim Amato and get with the real brains of the operation Gregg Turkington.

I respect Tim as a businessman of integrity and honor but Gregg is clearly the ideas guy. He's where the money actually comes from.

Did you not read the post? It was clearly out of T. Amato's control. The internet is ran by his enemies

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's nuts getting to see Joey give live star ratings instead of recorded. It's like watching Leonardo Da Vinci paint instead of visiting it at the Louvre.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Peanut Butler posted:

a friend of mine might be watching AMATOCON 2024 closing/oscers with me this year and idk how to explain to her what this is, or to even try, but some of those Admiral Gorgg videos look like they'd be good

tho idk, I came in when I saw The Trial of Tim Heidecker with no other context than knowing that On Cinema had a bizarrely rich backstory, and I was hooked, so maybe it doesn't need much explanation

First I saw it was a friend linking the Oscar Special where Gregg almost killed everyone with exhaust fumes from the mobile VFA. I didn't think it was funny and I didn't get the joke at all so I put off OnCinema for a while. It was really just sitting down and watching S1 and onward knowing that it gets ridiculous eventually is what got me hooked.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Who's getting the write in vote this year? I think it's going to be Wonka. It's got singing and dance, and its a tribute to the great original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1hr 55m) with the superb Johnny Depp.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I love that Tim had a mental breakdown and implicated a murder conspiracy to prevent the reopening of the Electric Sun Festival case, burned all his bridges and got his rear end kicked over a 2018 beat up dodge charger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Technically Kaili didn't say no