Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

The Joker strikes again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I saw Mister America. It wasn't until I processed it the next morning that I felt really sympathetic for character Tim in a way I never did before. Don't get me wrong, he's a piece of poo poo who got 20 people killed and most likely just married a woman in a weird scheme to offload his debts.

What makes me sympathetic to him is how he tries all these creative endeavours. He goes from TV show creator/actor/director to rock band front man, to EDM musician, theater owner, supplement guy, to eventually running for office. None of his efforts were even mediocre. All bad failures. I do admire that he's able to at least get his projects off the ground, fail, and try something else. I've had so many things I've dreamed of accomplishing but never got off the planning stages because of a lack of funding and reality getting in the way. Michael Jordan once said you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Tim is often trying to take shots. But he's missed 100% of those shots regardless.

He usually fails due to a combination of incompetence, addictions, and insistence on injecting his conservative viewpoints. He deserves to fail. And he never learns his why he fails and takes it out on his friends and support network. He's a real pitiable man.
Edit: you know what never mind that entire text has to be a joke.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

The scumbag Tim is going into self preservation mode trying to pin his negligence on Gregg, but we all know he’s responsible. At least the pastor he’s cheating on his wife with survived.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

I’m thankful for oscores.net, I’m trying to get into film so I’ll be working my way through this archive of great movies.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

His standup was also really impressive for this, like stuttering and flubbing his lines more naturally than seems possible. I can't remember where I read it, but I believe he does it so successfully in Decker by having someone hold up the script just off camera, so he can barely read it.

I recently watched some videos on his channel of a standup set revolving around soda. It looks like he did the same routine like 5 nights in a row at the same club. They're loving great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKtvMkIPvFw

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Ingmar terdman posted:

Popcorn classics reign

Lol I am still in awe of greggs list of movies to watch during quarantine. The guy can review movies until the end of time with his library and Tim can continue not watching them.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Did anybody catch the mandatory attendance tour? I wanted to go but they sold out my town by the time I could afford a couple tickets. I’m hoping they release a DVD of it or something but it doesn’t seem like they will.

I really like everything they do together, loved awesome show when it came out, but i recently rewatched a bunch of it and just didn’t enjoy it as much compared to almost everything else they’ve done.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

quote:

Tim: You better help out or the stooge community will come for your head

I am dying

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Yeah I just recently became aware of all gas no brakes, a tv show could be real good.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

I caught the trial staRting to play on sixbagstreaming last night so I watched a couple hours of it. I completely forgot he cashed in on poor tom cruise heideckers death. When will they get this man off the streets

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

AccountSupervisor posted:

Theres just all these amazing flourishes like in the Taylor Swift bit where he briefly over explains the studio and the engineer and producers and those small moments just suck the steam or momentum out of anything hes setting up. Then he just lays the worst non-punch line on top of that structurally awful set up and its so brilliant.

It elevated everything beyond just "lol dumb jokes" into something like comedic antimatter.

I know the most obvious comparison is Andy Kauffman but Heidecker seems much more focused on structurally terrible comedy. He understands exactly how stand up comedy is "supposed" to be and feel but does everything to simultaneously mimic yet completely subvert it.

Lmao just remembering that from reading your post. I’m really glad he put this out. Just a few months ago I went through all of his standup clips from years back on YouTube. The soda joke fuckin cracked me up all like 10 times. Those are especially funny because like nobody in the audience was laughing and you can just feel the tension. “Your trying to tell me Diet Coke is the same as Coke, but like, it doesn’t taste the same”

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Man the last Oscar special was sooo loving good, greggs joker tribute montage, “the joker strikes again!!!”, etc. I hope they find a way to put together a special this year, assuming Oscar himself will need to cancel

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Dracula Factory posted:

The longer-form stuff they do like the oscar specials and the trial are just incredible. On the last special I deadass thought that they were going to end the show by killing everyone off and I thought that would be a really funny way to end it (but I'm glad they didn't). I should go through all the Oscer specials again to get my fix.

I really was convinced too, Gregg killing Tim and taking everyone else with would’ve been an incredible ending

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Just remembered I downloaded the comedy a few days ago, I think I will watch it tonight.

I also just wound up on the HEI website again and am still laughing that the button for submitting an xposed tip says “send to la roux” lol

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

FunkyAl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUsRviInqn4

Dr. San laughing at several points, notably at gregg doing 3-d frankenstein

Lmao yeah he got a kick out of that but then shortly after we see

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

huh posted:

https://heinetwork.tv/hackers-possibly-responsible-for-influx-of-minions.php

"“It was very concerning to see how these hackers breached our servers and disrespectfully added Minions to the site without our permission” Webmaster Matt Newman, who initially built the site with his associate Chris had failed to install proper security matters and their future involvement with the site’s management is under review."

He’s got the proof that Gregg is responsible

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

I just read this thing again and i forgot how incredibly funny it is. Mark is just completely baffled at every message

https://marionswish.com/marions_wish.pdf

quote:

Tim: You better help out or the stooge community will come for your head.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 16, 2020

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1339270687018532864?s=21

Lol and on Christmas. I dunno if I’ll watch but i hope it’s funny

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm sensing a kind of theme in this year's marathon
https://vfa.expert/marathon.html

Lmao that list is great

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

pixaal posted:

the websites says the are still looking for Mark. Far worse though with the help of their own website I have found DVDS at the VFA you read that right dee vee dee s.

other than that some nice VHS tapes you got there.

Obviously those are waiting to be dubbed onto tape and having authentic box art made

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Just on a popcorn break during mister movies Christmas marathon

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Top Gun from the top.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Ah the latest from La Roux

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

I got the Oscar fever

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Yeah the Oscar special is the thing I look forward to most in entertainment each year since I saw my first live one as it aired two years ago. I was worried they wouldn’t do one for a bit but how could they not

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Gregg only does the show for the love of movies, and of course to gift us movie buffs with some expertise.

Tim does it to get drunk and be a mean abuser

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

I’ve been sending him tips for months now. It’s about time

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Lol are they really gonna charge a sub to watch it on the hei network now

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

It looks like its like $42 for a year subscription which includes the $10 ticket to the special and you get one month free or something.

I guess it kind of makes sense since adult swim canceled their streaming content

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Not sure how they could bring Mark on when Gregg gave up even looking for him..

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Another Bill posted:

I can't belive a good Christian like Tim is using cancel culture on popular movie experts

He clarified that Joker is banned, Gregg may still be a guest but that’s up in the air.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i hope tim reforms dekkar. axiom deserves it after saving everyones lives

Not to mention Ax’s movie expertise

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

19 o'clock posted:

smdh

Maybe Gregg can lift a finger for once and help out instead of sabotaging everything Tim has worked hard for.

Have you considered that?

Where’s Mark?!? Serious questions remain as to the level of care that Gregg was purportedly furnishing. Medicaid fraud!

I considered myself a Gregg head until he demonstrated such a failure to find Mark. Poor guy is out there somewhere

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Chairman Capone posted:

We speak of the failures of Gregg but where are the successes of LaRue?

I have been sending tips to La Roux on the Hei website for weeks

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Yeah it’s real, but paypal has been added as an option so I used that. I highly doubt the payment stuff was built in any way that’s not secure since you know, Tim doesn’t like lawsuits and fines.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Ingmar terdman posted:

Im burying the 10 bucks somewhere outside jackson hole and sending the gps coordinates to Laroux via dark web

I dunno I think Laroux has been pretty busy following up on all of my messages. You might not get access in time for the special

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

19 o'clock posted:

I envy you. Each one is a five bagger, easily.

Absolutely. I only started and got through all the content in like 2019 and I wish I could go back and do it again.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Such a touching tribute not only to Tom Cruise Jr but to all of those taken from this world too soon. Amen.

Special is almost a week away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Another Bill posted:

What I love about the Oscar specials is how they're these long, live constructed dramas that always end in a crescendo of drunk violence and absurd editing. And they pull it off everytime. I think they're much more rewatchable than the series.

The joker tribute last year was some real good poo poo. They really have continued to top themselves every year. So excited for this one.