Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was supposed to have this big anti-racism message but then they end the movie with the white little brother getting shot and killed by a black guy. So now the formally racist guy has had both his dad and his little brother murdered by black guys. He also went to prison and got raped because he killed some black guys trying to rob him.

I think the movie is secretly racist and just pretended to have an anti-racism point of view so it could get released. Like why is every black guy in the movie, besides the teacher, a gang member?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP the movie is about Jesus

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Filipino posted:

It was supposed to have this big anti-racism message but then they end the movie with the white little brother getting shot and killed by a black guy. So now the formally racist guy has had both his dad and his little brother murdered by black guys. He also went to prison and got raped because he killed some black guys trying to rob him.

I think the movie is secretly racist and just pretended to have an anti-racism point of view so it could get released. Like why is every black guy in the movie, besides the teacher, a gang member?

Almost all the white guys are gang members too. Except the dad but be was still a racist.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny Harvey posted:

Almost all the white guys are gang members too. Except the dad but be was still a racist.

The jewish teacher, his mother, his sister. All normal white people. Not gang members.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Watch Apt Pupil next

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

luchajones posted:

Watch Apt Pupil next

I've never seen that.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

If you want to tell if someone is a racist bring up this movie. If they bring up the curb stomping scene and neglect the rest of the film they probably say the N word behind closed doors.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

How are you so consistently this bad of a poster?

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Beef City posted:

How are you so consistently this bad of a poster?

SUCK MY GAT DANG BALLS BIG BEEF CITY!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The_Continental posted:

If you want to tell if someone is a racist bring up this movie. If they bring up the curb stomping scene and neglect the rest of the film they probably say the N word behind closed doors.

Someone convinced a teacher to put it on when we were on our way to a ski trip. That's as far as we got in the movie.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The_Continental posted:

This is like saying anyone who only brings up the rape scene in irreversible is a rapist. The curb stomp scene is shocking and was easily the most memorable iconic part of the movie. Anybody I've talked to black, or white usually only mention that scene, because that is that part of the movie that really got burned into their brain. Socking horrific poo poo tends to stick with people.

The point of the movie is that American society is stuck in an endless cycle of bigotry, and violence. Its not that hard to figure out. Now go watch Do The Right Thing.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe I'm wrong. I just dont see this movie getting released in 2019.

Filipino fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 14, 2019

clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

op you might enjoy it better if you watch the first nine in the series

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
I think you just watched the evening news

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

luncheon meat posted:

I think you just watched the evening news

*Sits back in his chair and takes a puff of his cig. "Yeah, thats right, I finally said it! Take that Tom Browkaw!"*

Filipino fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Nov 14, 2019

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

luchajones posted:

Watch Apt Pupil next

I remember seeing a preview of this on some VHS years back, it looked kind of decent.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I remember seeing a preview of this on some VHS years back, it looked kind of decent.

It seems the main child actor may have been sexually abused by Bryan Singer and then later OD on herion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/580462/

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

clear eyes full farts posted:

op you might enjoy it better if you watch the first nine in the series

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Too busy watching the Spike Lee joint Malcom Ten.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

You made me think op and now I agree

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Filipino posted:

It seems the main child actor may have been sexually abused by Bryan Singer and then later OD on herion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/580462/

Yeeesh.

quote:

The accusations against Singer cover a spectrum. Some of the alleged victims say they were seduced by the director while underage; others say they were raped.

Uh pretty sure that's rape either way, champ.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Haven't seen it in a long time, does the movie put the blame for racism on structures or individuals?

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Yeeesh.

Uh pretty sure that's rape either way, champ.

Why the gently caress hasnt Bryan Singer gone to prison yet. Or at least been tarred and feathered.

I seriously dont belong in this century.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazak posted:

Haven't seen it in a long time, does the movie put the blame for racism on structures or individuals?

Kind of both. People using a misinformed view of the system to hate.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Filipino posted:

Well maybe in 2019 but not in a few years from now when Disney owns all production and distribution channels of media, and won't have anything about how there might be systemic problems in society that can't be solved by a superhero or corporate deregulation.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A lot of these films amp up the "seductive" parts to try and show See, This Is Why People Join! But then fail in many ways to fully convey why They Should NOT!

Romper Stomper is another example. Apart from the (limited) racism there wasnt much difference between their white power gang and the crusties I hung around with as a teen. Romper Stomper barely addresses racism, their gangs problems then downfall is petty crime and in-fighting.

Filipino posted:

They remade Romper Stomper for TV in Australia in 2018.

immortalyawn fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Nov 14, 2019

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mooey Cow posted:

Well maybe in 2019 but not in a few years from now when Disney owns all production and distribution channels of media, and won't have anything about how there might be systemic problems in society that can't be solved by a superhero or corporate deregulation.

This is a thing? I searched "Disney monopoly" but nothing.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Filipino posted:

This is a thing? I searched "Disney monopoly" but nothing.

Huh, well then I guess it's not, then.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bramble posted:

Huh, well then I guess it's not, then.

I found a good article about it now and its scary.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sweet thursday posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

immortalyawn posted:

A lot of these films amp up the "seductive" parts to try and show See, This Is Why People Join! But then fail in many ways to fully convey why They Should NOT!

Romper Stomper is another example. Apart from the (limited) racism there wasnt much difference between their white power gang and the crusties I hung around with as a teen. Romper Stomper barely addresses racism, their gangs problems then downfall is petty crime and in-fighting.

They remade Romper Stomper for TV in Australia in 2018.

romper stomper's "limited" racism??

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jarofpiss posted:

romper stomper's "limited" racism??

The only thing GBS could ccome up with was to try and pin racism on some poster.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Been a while since I've seen it but pretty sure the message is that "hate begets hate and that makes things suck for everyone" OP

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
How did Edward Norton get so jacked

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jimmy mnemonic posted:

How did Edward Norton get so jacked

Diet and exercise. Maybe T injections.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Green room is pretty wild but I liked blue ruin better.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The ending is brilliant because otherwise it would be far to saccharine and unrealistic when the reality is this poo poo never ends.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The ending is brilliant because otherwise it would be far to saccharine and unrealistic when the reality is this poo poo never ends.

But what happens to the main character after this? I think he goes back to hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Filipino posted:

But what happens to the main character after this? I think he goes back to hate.

I think he realizes that his hateful decisions have led him to where he's at and he simply laments the choices that led up to what happened. I think he blames himself for his brothers death

edit: spoiler cause maybe someone hasnt seen it yet and will now because of this post oh wait you spoiled in the first POST OP!!!

Pitdragon fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 14, 2019