Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
What kind of rear end in a top hat is like "Alex, I'll wager $6 like a total COWARD and probably cost myself the game because I couldn't reach deep inside and trust my instincts?"

gently caress THOSE PEOPLE

TRUE DAILY DOUBLE ONLY.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I agree completely. I don't watch Jeopardy or any game to watch people behaving conservatively. You got your fifteen minutes of fame, blow it all up or sit down and let someone with a spine step up to the plate.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i don't know poo poo about ancient chinese literature but I ain't goin' out like a bitch, DOUBLE OR NOTHIN PAT

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jeopardy is the only piece of poo poo game show where you can end up owing the show money if you are really stupid. Don’t think there aren’t trap doors under the contestant podiums and don’t think Alex doesn’t know where the button is. You gently caress up on jeopardy you end up sewing footballs for any one of Alex’s thousands of illegitimate children from any one of his thousands of mistresses. And if that poo poo goes flat they cut your plunger thumb off so you can’t play jeopardy ever again. :colbert:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Jeopardy is the only piece of poo poo game show where you can end up owing the show money if you are really stupid. Don’t think there aren’t trap doors under the contestant podiums and don’t think Alex doesn’t know where the button is. You gently caress up on jeopardy you end up sewing footballs for any one of Alex’s thousands of illegitimate children from any one of his thousands of mistresses. And if that poo poo goes flat they cut your plunger thumb off so you can’t play jeopardy ever again. :colbert:

If you finish negative you don't owe the show money you moron

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Tom Gorman posted:

i don't know poo poo about ancient chinese literature but I ain't goin' out like a bitch, DOUBLE OR NOTHIN PAT

:boom:gently caress YEAH:boom:

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
I'll double my fapping and shitposting rates

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Only daily double in my life is the cheese burger I eat for lunch.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

bradzilla posted:

If you finish negative you don't owe the show money you moron

I did really bad on jeopardy and I've been on the run from Alex for 7 years

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

1redflag posted:

Only daily double in my life is the cheese burger I eat for lunch.

Wager everything on it. :hai:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

house of the dad posted:

I did really bad on jeopardy and I've been on the run from Alex for 7 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ompdp20bsI8
TIL marge simpson was a goon

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
It's funny because this is usually the optimal strategy, especially in the first round! That's a big part of how Jeopardy James did so well.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Daily double? That sounds unsustainable.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bad Purchase posted:

Daily double? That sounds unsustainable.

Here comes the :siren:FUN POLICE:siren:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
me, at KFC: i'd like my daily double-down, please

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
If you catch the daily double too early they can "loan" you the money to bet a grand. God help you if you lose "their money".

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Alex is a sleeper for Canadian imperialism. :tinfoil:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
#WeloveyouAlex

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Alex is a sleeper for Canadian imperialism. :tinfoil:

It's like manchurian candidate but more friendly and likes hockey.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

OP you should create a website that lists the name of every bitch made contestant who didn't true daily double, they deserve to be shamed.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally A Person posted:

It's like manchurian candidate but more friendly and likes hockey.

Yeah when the daily double comes up he gets super high and everything gets all bright and shimmery and he gets a boner for his mom or whatever.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

big nipples big life posted:

OP you should create a website that lists the name of every bitch made contestant who didn't true daily double, they deserve to be shamed.

Am I silly for sitting here thinking to myself "actually this would be the most amazing thing ever."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Am I silly for sitting here thinking to myself "actually this would be the most amazing thing ever."

make it so if you click their name it automatically sends them an email chiding them for their cowardliness.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Alex isn’t seeking answers. He’s seeking more questions. The more confusion he can spread on the population the easier it will be for Canada to overtake the planet and turn us into ant people for the maple syrup syndicate. :tinfoil:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

make it so if you click their name it automatically sends them an email chiding them for their cowardliness.

Please stop saying things that are making me want to do this. Please.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Please stop saying things that are making me want to do this. Please.

add an automatic read receipt so you know down to the second when that cowardly bitch got owned by your click.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

add an automatic read receipt so you know down to the second when that cowardly bitch got owned by your click.

THAT'S IT! I'M DOIN' IT.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

someone with a spine

Post/av combo :discourse:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the first who wants to be a millionaire winner who used a lifeline to call his dad and tell him he won was pinnacle game show spectacle

the way he talked to his dad was so condescending it owned

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tom Gorman posted:

the first who wants to be a millionaire winner who used a lifeline to call his dad and tell him he won was pinnacle game show spectacle

That’s awesome, I’ve never heard about that. Prime time “No gently caress YOU dad!”

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f9OJ8qecP8

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:woop::woop::woop:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
has a goon ever been on jeopardy before?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

If you bet conservatively you're just going to end up betting a lot in final jeopardy on a harder question. Might as well go for broke early on the category you picked yourself

Mnoba posted:

has a goon ever been on jeopardy before?
Numerous

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tom Gorman posted:

It absolutely owned, it's true.

What also owned was a dumbass not knowing what a goddamn jigglypuff was. Lol, idiot

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I know James went on to do this like every game but I lost my poo poo when I saw this happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRwK8SyVeJE

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Selecting the high value questions before all of the lower value questions in the category are completed should be disallowed.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

wa27 posted:

I know James went on to do this like every game but I lost my poo poo when I saw this happen:

absolute king

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sometimes I wager a fart but it turns out to be more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

wa27 posted:

Just got done watching this guy's reign of terror and loved every god damned minute.