Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Tiptoes posted:

What the series needs is more dicks to balance things out. It's clear from re-reading Berserk that Miura wishes he could draw much more full frontal male nudity but he's not allowed to.

Falconia citizenship card should come with a free magazine subscription to a Griffith-only Playgirl magazine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Seriously. If you want to deconstruct it and talk about treatment of a particular group, then actually look at the broad range of deplorable themes within the context of the genre, the medium, and the time period.

If you're just sad about Guts chopping a horse in half, you might want to find a different manga to read.

#ApostlesChomp :razz:

Where's our next chapter?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Seriously. If you want to deconstruct it and talk about treatment of a particular group, then actually look at the broad range of deplorable themes within the context of the genre, the medium, and the time period.

If you're just sad about Guts chopping a horse in half, you might want to find a different manga to read.

#ApostlesChomp :razz:

Where's our next chapter?

Shocking everyone, Berserk is on hiatus for the foreseeable future

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/baalbuddy/status/1378975733679276033?s=20

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Pretty true about berserk. Sound warning

https://twitter.com/UnfunnyMp4/status/1384971470389096450

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

The Legend of Galactic Heroes one really got to me as an older anime fan

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

pnumoman posted:

The Legend of Galactic Heroes one really got to me as an older anime fan
:same: I feel attacked.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Idk why but every few months Berserk trends in my country from people trying to cancel it for being too violent and then the fans arguing that the violence serves a purpose and it's the best manga.

This is like the 3rd time this happened in a year. It gets me excited because I think a new chapter was released but nope :eng99:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Well, I guess something needs to keep it in the public eye since the update schedule isn't.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Whoever suggested Between Two Fires, thank you. About a third of the way in and the book delivers on Berserk vibes.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

KidDynamite posted:

Whoever suggested Between Two Fires, thank you. About a third of the way in and the book delivers on Berserk vibes.

Heyyy awesome. That author has his first secondary-world fantasy novel coming out this month, called "The Blacktongue Thief". It's getting rave reviews, I'm super psyched for it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Soup's on

https://twitter.com/MoonlightHuncho/status/1394345363188879361?s=19

Could just be bullshit but it gained enough traction to see Berserk trending on Twitter somehow

Harlock fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 18, 2021

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
That reads as extremely fake to me.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Viridiant posted:

That reads as extremely fake to me.

It's not real. Original post ends with a hastag that says joke.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

KidDynamite posted:

i read Vinland Saga because of this thread (loved it!) and it sounds like i will have to check out this too!

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Blindsided Sally posted:

i read Vinland Saga because of this thread (loved it!) and it sounds like i will have to check out this too!
Vinland Saga is Good

Between Two Fires was also good, but I can't seem to remember most of it, a scene by the river was very vividly Berserk though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/YoungAnimalHaku/status/1395213014182162436

what teh gently caress

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

oh jesus gently caress thats not real is it

Goddamnit

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 20, 2021

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Come the gently caress on
gently caress
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Please tell me that's not real.

R.I.P. to a legend if it is. :smith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Southpaugh posted:

oh jesus gently caress thats not real is it
It's real. https://twitter.com/berserk_project

It's on multiple twitter accounts and while this one doesn't have a checkmark either, it's followed by several industry professionals, such as the author and artist of slayers.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Miura died? Is that real?

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

What's it say

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://twitter.com/oricon/status/1395213958689083393

here it is on a big news twitter account.

I repeat: this is real.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Injuryprone posted:

What's it say
The actual letter is just a farewell letter I'm not gonna translate at nearly midnight. Uhh, the actual text of the tweet is

'Kentaro Miura-sensei passed away on May 6th, 2021 due to an acute aortic dissection.' and then condolences and thanks

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

poo poo. RIP you loving maniac.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rip

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
REST IN loving PIECE

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
drat rip

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Fuuuuuuuck
RIP :(

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Oh no. :smith:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Absolutely heartrending news. One of the all-time greatest artists and writers in the manga world. I might just tear up tonight...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hope that wasn't a painful sort of heart failure

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Heard the news. Never got into Berserk, but I can tell when something hits hard. Condolences.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This earth loving sucks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

I hope that wasn't a painful sort of heart failure

quote:

Your aorta is the large artery that arises from the left lower chamber of the heart and provides oxygen-rich blood throughout your body. This blood vessel is made up of three layers. In certain circumstances, a tear develops in the inner layer. When this occurs, the aorta then bleeds into itself through the middle layer, extending this tear and leads to a separation of the layers of the aorta – known as aortic dissection.

watch your blood pressure, folks.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress, this loving sucks so much.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
RIP my hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JquGRUhk64I

I'm gonna puke

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

WHAT THE gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Endorph posted:

watch your blood pressure, folks.

it's one of those things that's hard to diagnose because it often doesn't feel like heart pain, it feels like you threw your back out and then a few hours or days later you die